Thank you Majority Leader Reid (D-NV) for bringing this up for a vote.

Will he include the massive contributions from the Unions and his buddies at the same time.............Cry me a river.

Sure.

And you aren't honest enough to tell folks that the corporations contribute hundreds of dollars to every dollar by the unions.

Better go look up the numbers, because I am going to ram them down your mouth if you don't.

Will he include the massive contributions from the Unions and his buddies at the same time.............Cry me a river.

Sure.

And you aren't honest enough to tell folks that the corporations contribute hundreds of dollars to every dollar by the unions.

Better go look up the numbers, because I am going to ram them down your mouth if you don't.

Both sides do so and he's just a little nerd that gets funds from them as well.

Point out all of them. I don't care..........They are all paid whores anymore. This move is being made by a hypocrite that has been caught several times with his hands in the cookie jar.

I note your concession. Yes, they are all whores politically. But your one sidedness reminds me of the king who had so much land yet coveted the little pasture of the poor little man. Shameful.

Harry Reid should be in federal prison..

Reid_345.jpg.cms

On Thursday, ABC News and the Washington Times reported that local Utah prosecutors had found evidence pointing to possible illegal campaign contributions and other questionable financial deals involving both Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and Utah's junior Republican senator, Mike Lee.

But despite working with the FBI, they've been blocked from moving that case forward by a Justice Department that has sat on it for months, refusing to let the FBI empanel a federal grand jury or issue subpoenas to determine if Reid or Lee broke any federal laws.

In one incident being investigated, Reid allegedly switched sides and sponsored an online gambling bill after he allegedly received money from the industry. A senior FBI official told ABC News the inaction by the DOJ "risks creating the perception of a cover-up."

It's not like this sort of corruption charge is wildly out of character for Reid. Even the mainstream press has picked up the foul stench of his past activities.

In 2012, Reuters reported that Reid had been doing yeoman's work on behalf of a Chinese energy firm, ENN, that wanted to build a $5 billion solar panel plant in Nevada. Turns out Reid's son Rory worked at the law firm representing that very same company.

The Washington Post reported that in 2004 and 2005, Reid earmarked $21.5 million for a bridge linking a gambling resort town in Nevada with a city in Arizona where Reid just happened to own 160 acres of undeveloped land.
  1. Reid also reportedly funneled some $47 million in earmarks that directly benefited organizations his son Key was affiliated with. And last year, a close Reid friend, Harvey Whittemore, was found guilty of directing more than $130,000 worth of illegal funds into Reid's re-election war chest.
Why Is Obama s DOJ Protecting Harry Reid From Federal Corruption Probe - Investors.com

Before adjourning for a five-week recess on Friday, Reid filed cloture on the motion to proceed to S.J. Res. 19, which is designed to overturn two recent Supreme Court decisions that allowed corporations, labor unions and wealthy individuals to spend more money on federal elections.

since we couldn't beat them in the Courts we will beat them by changing the Constitution.

what a pompous waste of fucking time, yet another grandstand to waste our tax dollars so they can pretend to care.

and the lap dogs eat that shit up

Read more: Reid schedules vote in September on amending the Constitution TheHill
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

I note your concession. Yes, they are all whores politically. But your one sidedness reminds me of the king who had so much land yet coveted the little pasture of the poor little man. Shameful.

The OP was praising Reid so I post against the OP. Now go and play with yourself.

I'm sure Harry would love to have control of campaign financing.

That doesn't belong in a constitutional amendment it belongs in an act of congress and all the b.s. that has been passed since 1974 has only made matters worse.

It's nothing but a publicity stunt in an effort to get Republicans to vote against it, as any person with common sense would.

Sure.

Talk more about "honesty".

I am not against the rich and the wealthy having influence in politics. They are a pretty influential part of this society so of course they will have the influence.

But alongside with that; whoever use it, pay for it.

So in this respect; rich whining about high tax is simply ridiculous. People of this country provided them the worlds one of the most hard working work force, best brain force, best military and so on.

Rich have profited like crazy over the people of this country, and now they whine how much they are paying for tax...

Ridiculous...

But you now why they whine???

Because they don't need you anymore...

They can make money off of money, they don't need your brains inventing and your muscles making it...

They don't need any of this anymore, they make China steal all the technology and produce for them for dirt cheap, if they needed to do so.

You are just,... EXPANDABLE...

Reid is perhaps the most corrupt Democrat in the Senate, but Doodie, I do like your new avatar with you in KKK regalia, it's quite cute...and fitting!

Awww, obviously not a kitty fan. Its hilarious. My cat would put on a ghost costume and trick-or-tuna, too, if she didn't have me trained so well to respond to her "requests."

It's sweet. Only change I would make for my crew is that my cats would be carrying a battery operated can opener. :lol:

just words......just speeches.......so how much democrat money would this affect.......that would be none.....and didnt they spend more last campaign

If it passes, I may start voting in national elections again. :banana:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has set up a procedural vote for September on a constitutional amendment to limit money in politics.

Before adjourning for a five-week recess on Friday, Reid filed cloture on the motion to proceed to S.J. Res. 19, which is designed to overturn two recent Supreme Court decisions that allowed corporations, labor unions and wealthy individuals to spend more money on federal elections.

Read more: Reid schedules vote in September on amending the Constitution TheHill
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Translation: Reid is promoting an Incumbent Protection Racket which would squash the individual's right to free speech.

It won't meet the Constitutional requirements for an amendment, but it will provide some Kabuki Theater Smoke & Mirrors...which is The Point.

Forum List

Back