Thank You, Kimberly Munley

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
a true hero

Kimberly Munley does not look as if she would be much of a match for a heavily armed US soldier on a murderous rampage. But the slightly built 34-year-old civilian officer was first on the scene after Major Nidal Malik Hasan began firing on comrades at Ford Hood in Texas as they prepared to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq. The 39-year-old psychologist killed 13 and left 31 others with serious injuries.

On Thursday afternoon Ms Munley was doing her usual job of directing traffic on the sprawling base. By chance, she and her partner happened to walk past the Soldiers’ Readiness Processing Centre soon after Major Hasan — armed with two handguns — cornered his fellow soldiers. Soldiers who witnessed the rampage described the gunfire as continuous, methodical and well aimed.

Ms Munley succeeded in bringing him down by shooting him four times, even after being hit by a bullet that passed through both her legs, according to witnesses.

The mother who brought down the Fort Hood killer - Times Online

:salute:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I started a thread about her and everyone accused me of being biased towards women.
see woman kick ass! Thanks del for proving it doesnt matter she is still a hero!

she absolutely is. bigger stones than most men i know for sure.

She did her job, just as anyone else in her position and job would have done. Cops do this shit all the time.

doesn't mean she isn't a hero, she saved lives and shot the guy after being shot herself. Even if it is her job they still deserve to be recognized!

I started a thread about her and everyone accused me of being biased towards women.
see woman kick ass! Thanks del for proving it doesnt matter she is still a hero!

She did her job, just as anyone else in her position and job would have done. Cops do this shit all the time.

Yes she did her job.

She did it with courage and with professionalism. She is a heroic woman.

I'm sorry to burst a bubble here but there has been, since Columbine, a fairly active discussion about how to deal with active shooters. The doctrine - developed in the US - has changed from cordon and contain to intervene as soon and as safely as possible. Officer Munley followed that doctrine.

Frankly I can't find sufficient words to praise her actions.

sometimes you are just twisted,, you so admired octopussy and shrug at this woman.. get your priorities straight..

Yeah Yeah Yeah for this woman!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

She rocks! :cool:

Expect to see her on every talk show and magazine cover in America soon.

She is teh awesome... :) I hope she gets a Presidential Medal of Honor.

One would hope that she receives some sort of award for valor. Appropriate for the event.

I expect she will be rich and famous over it. Certainly more appropriate than what a lot of others become rich and famous for. Yet not a braver action that thousands of unheard of individuals are going through in Afghanistan as we speak.

She is teh awesome... :) I hope she gets a Presidential Medal of Honor.

One would hope that she receives some sort of award for valor. Appropriate for the event.

I expect she will be rich and famous over it. Certainly more appropriate than what a lot of others become rich and famous for. Yet not a braver action that thousands of unheard of individuals are going through in Afghanistan as we speak.
and they are heros also! :D

Anyone puts their lives on the line in a shooting situation in an attempt to save others is a hero. This is no attempt to diminish this womans true heroism. All I can say to her or about her damn fine job. And I hope she has a ful and complete recovery from her wounds.

Just to put this into perspective, being shot ain't fun. A person who gets shot instinctively seeks shelter away from the source of the shot. It takes a hell of a lot of discipline, training and determination to fight that instinct, move towards the danger and aggressively engage the enemy.

Officer Munley's actions were truly heroic. I bet you'll never hear her say that. I bet she'll probably say that she was just doing her job.

HOOAH!

Forum List

Back