Thank you Gov Christie: Camden, NJ to DISBAND entire police department!!! GONE!!!

Camden has been run into the dirt by Unions and Democrats and it's Christie's fault?

Really?

Nope. Camden was a shithole before Christie.

But Camden's well-being is now PART of his job.

Fewer cops on the street isn't a good way to start.

No. it's the job of the mayor and city council.

Oh. So the governor of a state has absolutely NO responsibility for the well being of the cities within it? Well, the areas that aren't incorporated into a city are the responsibility of the county.

SO...you're telling me that a state's governor has absolutely NO responsibility for the well being of any single person or county or city in the state?

WTF is Christie's job then, if not to seek prosperity for the people and counties and cities of his state? To eat donuts?

Nope. Camden was a shithole before Christie.

But Camden's well-being is now PART of his job.

Fewer cops on the street isn't a good way to start.

Oh. So the governor of a state has absolutely NO responsibility for the well being of the cities within it? Well, the areas that aren't incorporated into a city are the responsibility of the county.

SO...you're telling me that a state's governor has absolutely NO responsibility for the well being of any single person or county or city in the state?

WTF is Christie's job then, if not to seek prosperity for the people and counties and cities of his state? To eat donuts?

Reductio ad absurdum.

The decision to go with the county police for was NOT Christie's, as state control ended in the beginning of August.

Dumb ass.

Um......yeah, state control ended over Camden PD.....because Camden PD ceased to exist, and the county took over. Had Christie wanted Camden PD to...well, keep existing, it would have.

Which, again, leaves the bottom line: Less cops in Camden.

The Unions killed the police force.

Even you see that, right?

The State didn't want to give money to police to sit on their asses instead of fighting crime

Thats very accurate. Its very rare that an incident is soley the fault of one side or the other. The stubborn unions of Camden PD carry a lot of fault in this as well.

On a bigger scope........the reason this irks me, is all the NON UNION cities down South have mayors and council members who will view this, and start daydreaming about slashing their own payroll.......even if that payroll is doing fine because of already being non-union and low paid.

THAT is my concern. It fuels the fire of the idiots running cities down here and give them ideas.

This move MIGHT have been necessary in Camden. But not in non-union cities of the SOuth. But I promise at least a few will get some ideas from seeing this story on the news.

Crime-ridden Camden, N.J., to disband city police department | syracuse.com

Yes, you read that right. The city of Camden, NJ, one of the most dangerous cities in the country, is disbanding it's police department. Not layoffs, not furloughs. DISBANDING the entire department!!! GONE!!! Almost 500 cops....not in Mayberry, NC....but CAMDEN MOTHERTRUCKING NEW JERSEY!!!!!

Thank your lovely, obese Tea Partying Governor....Chris Christie. His anti-govt worker tirade has caused many problems....and solved some to be fair.

But Jesus H. Christ. Closing down the entire police department in one of America's most dangerous cities?

And guess how they'll fix it? Require the local sheriff's department of the county to take over patrols. So....unincorporated citizens of the county will either get less service, or have to pay more in taxes, to fund the patrols of Camden city limits.

THIS is Tea Party ideology in action.

they were very close to doing that out here in Fullerton Ca. also.....after the beating of that homeless guy Kelly Martin....

Reductio ad absurdum.

So...if as you say, the state has NO responsibility to the counties or cities within it.....why in the hell are the people in those counties and cities paying STATE taxes???

Crime-ridden Camden, N.J., to disband city police department | syracuse.com

Yes, you read that right. The city of Camden, NJ, one of the most dangerous cities in the country, is disbanding it's police department. Not layoffs, not furloughs. DISBANDING the entire department!!! GONE!!! Almost 500 cops....not in Mayberry, NC....but CAMDEN MOTHERTRUCKING NEW JERSEY!!!!!

Thank your lovely, obese Tea Partying Governor....Chris Christie. His anti-govt worker tirade has caused many problems....and solved some to be fair.

But Jesus H. Christ. Closing down the entire police department in one of America's most dangerous cities?

And guess how they'll fix it? Require the local sheriff's department of the county to take over patrols. So....unincorporated citizens of the county will either get less service, or have to pay more in taxes, to fund the patrols of Camden city limits.

THIS is Tea Party ideology in action.

they were very close to doing that out here in Fullerton Ca. also.....after the beating of that homeless guy Kelly Martin....

Going "Metro Police" isn't a bad thing, in some areas, its better. Its downsizing with that merger that hurts.

In fact, I'd argue going "Metro" is more often better than having several split agencies.

However, it's never good to reduce manpower on the streets.

Reductio ad absurdum.

So...if as you say, the state has NO responsibility to the counties or cities within it.....why in the hell are the people in those counties and cities paying STATE taxes???

again, Reductio ad absurdum. look it up, dumb ass.

Why do you need cops? Just get guns! You can shoot each other to solve disputes and lower crime.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a few years of pure Darwinism; I guarantee that would reduce democrat constituencies (and city slickers in general), by a large percentage. I can survive in that environment; can you?

Thanks for the depression and mindless obstruction, a-hole Pubs and silly dupes.We're cutting taxes!! let the states and localities take care of it...watch THOSE taxes and fees skyrocket...

you dont know one iota about NJ, stop acting like its the republicans problem when teh dems have been in control, piece of advice,
Peter Rabbit would be wise to stay out of Mr. McGregor's garden

Lived and taught there for four years. This is a PUB meltdown, and a Christie ugly austerity problem- sure sounds good at the convention, the schmuck... Feg em all.

oh there is the problem.....the Mayor and others were Frankies pupils....

Um......yeah, state control ended over Camden PD.....because Camden PD ceased to exist, and the county took over. Had Christie wanted Camden PD to...well, keep existing, it would have.

The State didn't want to give money to police to sit on their asses instead of fighting crime

Thats very accurate. Its very rare that an incident is soley the fault of one side or the other. The stubborn unions of Camden PD carry a lot of fault in this as well.

On a bigger scope........the reason this irks me, is all the NON UNION cities down South have mayors and council members who will view this, and start daydreaming about slashing their own payroll.......even if that payroll is doing fine because of already being non-union and low paid.

THAT is my concern. It fuels the fire of the idiots running cities down here and give them ideas.

This move MIGHT have been necessary in Camden. But not in non-union cities of the SOuth. But I promise at least a few will get some ideas from seeing this story on the news.

If the police officers in the south don't think that they are fairly compensated for their services, then they need to find jobs they do feel compensate them fairly. It's not rocket science.

I provided the link....in the original post. Gotta READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE. Here is the bit:

"The State of New Jersey has controlled Camden's police department since 2005, when then-Mayor Gwendolyn Faison asked the state to take over. The new arrangement will soon expire and the county will take over, a move that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fully supports. "

That is from the original link.

The decision to go with the county police for was NOT Christie's, as state control ended in the beginning of August.

Dumb ass.

I believe that's the dumbest post I've ever seen LOL!

And Sinjorri a close second...Wha?!?

have you never seen this poster here named Franco?......his posts are......oh im sorry.....hi Frankie....:bye1:

Yup, really cheap cops, prison guards, and teachers and firemen is a GREAT idea, dupes. And road gangs and cool hand luke...Pub dupes- and slavery and schools just for the rich, and 96 hour work weeks LOL.

Basically, this happened because it was the only way to bust the union, a move the union largely brought on itself. You know that Bucs, just as you know that's a major reason we don't have unions down here.Now, as to the local situations you're so troubled about, if it turns out the citizens of a community feel that any similar move down here results in poorer services, they do have the option of voting out the local government and electing one that will pay for more police on the streets; see how easy that is? In the meantime, try letting those of us who want to carry openly; since the police have no legal obligation to protect a citizen in the first place, and since a number of us(myself included) handle a handgun better than 99% of the cops we know (and regularly prove it, when they show up for competitive matches), why not?

I provided the link....in the original post. Gotta READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE. Here is the bit:

"The State of New Jersey has controlled Camden's police department since 2005, when then-Mayor Gwendolyn Faison asked the state to take over. The new arrangement will soon expire and the county will take over, a move that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fully supports. "

That is from the original link.

Dumb ass.

facts just fuck you all over, don't they, Frankie :rofl:

Basically, this happened because it was the only way to bust the union, a move the union largely brought on itself. You know that Bucs, just as you know that's a major reason we don't have unions down here.Now, as to the local situations you're so troubled about, if it turns out the citizens of a community feel that any similar move down here results in poorer services, they do have the option of voting out the local government and electing one that will pay for more police on the streets; see how easy that is? In the meantime, try letting those of us who want to carry openly; since the police have no legal obligation to protect a citizen in the first place, and since a number of us(myself included) handle a handgun better than 99% of the cops we know (and regularly prove it, when they show up for competitive matches), why not?

Interesting isn't it that the citizen in Florida yesterday shot the guy robbing the Dollar General without collateral damage while the NYPD managed to hit 9 bystanders while taking out one guy near the Empire State building. So, tell us again how dangerous it is for citizens to carry guns.

Dumb ass.

facts just fuck you all over, don't they, Frankie :rofl:

Camden now has 1/2 as many cops, and Christie's cuts to localities had nothing to do with it. Nor did Pubs cutting aid to states, OR W wrecking the world economy...gotcha, SHYTTEHEAD. Life is so simple for simpletons...

Yes, I do.

In THIS case, the city police dept was run by the state. Camden PD has been run by the state of NJ for many years, it was done years ago at the request of the disfunctional city govt. The state has run the Camden PD for many years. Christie pushed this.

That is unique though. Rarely does a state run a city police dept, although they ALL give aid to the city depts.

No, I wasn't always like this. Radical TP politicians in the South who took on a crusade against government workers, and then took to fucking with cops and firemen, turned me sour on the GOP.

So you blame them for ceasing to recognize the difference between states and cities?

BTW you realize there are simply reorganizing the police forces, right?

Sure I do. They are reorganizing. They aren't the first to do it. Las Vegas has a "metro" police. So does Louisville.

In this reorganization, it also includes a fairly huge downsizing. Metro Camden County, I'm guessing it'll be called, will hire about half of Camdens 500 cops. Most will be pissed off at the pay and benefits cut they'll surely take by going to a non-union PD (welcome to how the South does PD).

So, overall, there will be far fewer cops in Camden.

All BS aside, thats the bottom line. Fewer cops in one of the US's most dangerous cities.

Governor Christie is proud of the fact that he has been instrumental in eliminating consuming, taxpaying public sector worker's jobs --- in fact, Governor Christie has been so successful at eliminating jobs in New Jersey that he has even succeeded in surpassing Michigan's unemployment rate - WTG Governor, eliminating a large part of your consumer and tax base will now result in a higher crime rate in the city of Camden -- yikes!, don't you people think this stuff through?

Forum List

Back