Thank you Gov Christie: Camden, NJ to DISBAND entire police department!!! GONE!!!

Crime-ridden Camden, N.J., to disband city police department | syracuse.com

Yes, you read that right. The city of Camden, NJ, one of the most dangerous cities in the country, is disbanding it's police department. Not layoffs, not furloughs. DISBANDING the entire department!!! GONE!!! Almost 500 cops....not in Mayberry, NC....but CAMDEN MOTHERTRUCKING NEW JERSEY!!!!!

Thank your lovely, obese Tea Partying Governor....Chris Christie. His anti-govt worker tirade has caused many problems....and solved some to be fair.

But Jesus H. Christ. Closing down the entire police department in one of America's most dangerous cities?

And guess how they'll fix it? Require the local sheriff's department of the county to take over patrols. So....unincorporated citizens of the county will either get less service, or have to pay more in taxes, to fund the patrols of Camden city limits.

THIS is Tea Party ideology in action.
Moron.

It's being replaced.

Tard.

so now they're going to have a private police force working for peanuts?

Nope. They're gonna have a "metro" police force. Meaning....the county is gonna hire about half of Camden's 500 cops, pay them a lot less, and have the county cops patrol Camden city limits.

What does that mean? Overall fewer cops. County residents having to either pay more, or recieve less police protection.

For the self-reliant types who own guns and are street-wise, this aint a big deal.

For the thousands of young 18 year old females at Rutgers Univ who may go out a midnight for a late night snack or grocery store errand, it could mean a lot.

cops are underpaid as it is to put their life on the line at the drop of a hat. This is ridiculous.

Blame the city not the governor. The city commissioners are the ones that should be dealing with this shit not the governor who has to control the entire state he can't be worrying about 1 worthless city that can't handle its money.Hell maybe they can borrow some drones from the homeland security cocksuckers use those to protect people. :eusa_whistle:

that.

How many times must I say it: Camden PD is run by the state of NJ, not the city of Camden. Fact.

you claiming it is fact doesn't make it so. Link please?

EDIT:

Never mind, I found one for you...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camden_Police_Department_%28New_Jersey%29
Since 2005, the State of New Jersey has operated the Camden Police Department; this takeover will expire in 2012.
Note the words EXPIRE IN 2012.

Last edited:
Its being reduced.

Camden PD will no longer exist.

It will "merge" (Business freaks will love that) with the county.

270 of Camden's appx 500 cops will NOT be brought onto the county.

So, fewer cops in Camden: Thats the bottom line.

so now they're going to have a private police force working for peanuts?

Nope. They're gonna have a "metro" police force. Meaning....the county is gonna hire about half of Camden's 500 cops, pay them a lot less, and have the county cops patrol Camden city limits.

What does that mean? Overall fewer cops. County residents having to either pay more, or recieve less police protection.

For the self-reliant types who own guns and are street-wise, this aint a big deal.

For the thousands of young 18 year old females at Rutgers Univ who may go out a midnight for a late night snack or grocery store errand, it could mean a lot.

cops are underpaid as it is to put their life on the line at the drop of a hat. This is ridiculous.

:clap2:

How many times must I say it: Camden PD is run by the state of NJ, not the city of Camden. Fact.

I provided the link....in the original post. Gotta READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE. Here is the bit:

"The State of New Jersey has controlled Camden's police department since 2005, when then-Mayor Gwendolyn Faison asked the state to take over. The new arrangement will soon expire and the county will take over, a move that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fully supports. "

That is from the original link.

I provided the link....in the original post. Gotta READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE. Here is the bit:

"The State of New Jersey has controlled Camden's police department since 2005, when then-Mayor Gwendolyn Faison asked the state to take over. The new arrangement will soon expire and the county will take over, a move that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fully supports. "

The decision to go with the county police for was NOT Christie's, as state control ended in the beginning of August.

Dumb ass.

The decision to go with the county police for was NOT Christie's, as state control ended in the beginning of August.

Dumb ass.

I believe that's the dumbest post I've ever seen LOL!

And Sinjorri a close second...Wha?!?

Dumb ass.

Um......yeah, state control ended over Camden PD.....because Camden PD ceased to exist, and the county took over. Had Christie wanted Camden PD to...well, keep existing, it would have.

Which, again, leaves the bottom line: Less cops in Camden.

Why do you need cops? Just get guns! You can shoot each other to solve disputes and lower crime.

Camden has been run into the dirt by Unions and Democrats and it's Christie's fault?

Really?

Why do you need cops? Just get guns! You can shoot each other to solve disputes and lower crime.

YES!!! No government, survival of the fittest and/or richest!!!!!!

(About 50% of far right wingers just got erections)

Dumb ass.

Um......yeah, state control ended over Camden PD.....because Camden PD ceased to exist, and the county took over. Had Christie wanted Camden PD to...well, keep existing, it would have.

You really are a moron, aren't you. The contract with the state to run the Camden police was ALWAYS set to expire in 2012. Knowing it would expire, and they still could not afford to run it on their own, the mayor (NOT CHRISTIE) came up with the county plan.

Again, you're a dumb ass.

Camden has been run into the dirt by Unions and Democrats and it's Christie's fault?

Really?

Nope. Camden was a shithole before Christie.

But Camden's well-being is now PART of his job.

Fewer cops on the street isn't a good way to start.

Dumb ass.

You really are a moron, aren't you. The contract with the state to run the Camden police was ALWAYS set to expire in 2012. Knowing it would expire, and they still could not afford to run it on their own, the mayor (NOT CHRISTIE) came up with the county plan.

Again, you're a dumb ass.

OMG you make me wanna smash my head into a brick wall.

Yes, the contract expired in 2012. The state (aka Christie) did not want to renew it. They did not want to keep giving state money to patrol Camden's streets.

They informed Camden they would not seek a renewal of that contract. Mayor had no choice. Camden City couldn't run the dept before, thats why the state took it. Now the state (Christie) happily lets the contract expire without renewal.

Thus.....no Camden PD anymore.

Meaning...fewer cops in Camden.

I love it how now, you idiots are saying a major city's police department literally is disbanded, and the state governor had no power or say in the issue. REALLY????

Dumb ass.

The Unions killed the police force.

Even you see that, right?

The State didn't want to give money to police to sit on their asses instead of fighting crime

Forum List

Back