Thank you Gov Christie: Camden, NJ to DISBAND entire police department!!! GONE!!!

You all need to read the article.

The STATE has been running Camden PD for over a decade. Not the city, the state.

The "metro" county force will hire some of Camden's PD. About 50% of them. The result? Less cops on the street. Period.

Christie quoted he "100%" supports this.

Yes, union contracts hurt. Is the answer to disband the entire department? Yep, guess so. Welcome to Tea Party Land.

And YES, the STATE of NJ oversaw the Camden PD for many years. Fact.

Thanks for the depression and mindless obstruction, a-hole Pubs and silly dupes.We're cutting taxes!! let the states and localities take care of it...watch THOSE taxes and fees skyrocket...

you dont know one iota about NJ, stop acting like its the republicans problem when teh dems have been in control, piece of advice,
Peter Rabbit would be wise to stay out of Mr. McGregor's garden

Lived and taught there for four years. This is a PUB meltdown, and a Christie ugly austerity problem- sure sounds good at the convention, the schmuck... Feg em all.

When was the last time Camden has a Republican Mayor?

Doesn't matter. Camden PD is under control of the STATE OF NJ and has been for many years, you didn't read it did you?

And....if it happens under Christie, it's on him, right? Thats what they said about Obama. Can't blame the past for present problems, right? The STATE of NJ runs Camden PD, and Christie runs the state of NJ.

Well, Camden will have 50% fewer men with guns patrolling looking for bad guys next year. Thats the bottom line result.

All the politics aside, thats the fact. Fewer cops in the area. County residents will pay more, or recieve fewer patrols, from their county department now.

WHICH IS FINE........if right wingers are willing to openly say "Yes, less cops on the road is ok. Crime may go up, but fuck it, we aren't paying more taxes".

Just clearly state that, and then we've got an open discussion.

Thanks for the depression and mindless obstruction, a-hole Pubs and silly dupes.We're cutting taxes!! let the states and localities take care of it...watch THOSE taxes and fees skyrocket...

you dont know one iota about NJ, stop acting like its the republicans problem when teh dems have been in control, piece of advice,
Peter Rabbit would be wise to stay out of Mr. McGregor's garden

Lived and taught there for four years. This is a PUB meltdown, and a Christie ugly austerity problem- sure sounds good at the convention, the schmuck... Feg em all.

you got issues and four years isnt enuff. try again.

Yep. Austerity in action.

Sure, Christie will be able to say he slashed the payroll, slashed the budget, etc, etc, etc, while in Tampa.

But the folks of Camden will have bigger things to worry about.

But screw 'em, how many GOP voters are in Camden anyway right? Thats poor folk. They vote Obama. We aint paying for their cops.

Sure. It's Christie. It's not the Mayor who was leading this campaign at all.

You do realize there is a difference between State govenrment and City governmnet, right?

Why are you suddenly losing IQ points? You were not always like this.

Lol's....you are a funny character. The city should learn to budget better. Its not like it mattered if the cops were around or not...that city is a shit hole either way.

I grew up 8 miles from Camden. I know it well.

You have finally said something I agree with. It's a shit hole, and they need to manage their finances, as meager as they are, better.

You do realize there is a difference between State govenrment and City governmnet, right?

Yes, I do.

In THIS case, the city police dept was run by the state. Camden PD has been run by the state of NJ for many years, it was done years ago at the request of the disfunctional city govt. The state has run the Camden PD for many years. Christie pushed this.

That is unique though. Rarely does a state run a city police dept, although they ALL give aid to the city depts.

No, I wasn't always like this. Radical TP politicians in the South who took on a crusade against government workers, and then took to fucking with cops and firemen, turned me sour on the GOP.

Crime-ridden Camden, N.J., to disband city police department | syracuse.com

Yes, you read that right. The city of Camden, NJ, one of the most dangerous cities in the country, is disbanding it's police department. Not layoffs, not furloughs. DISBANDING the entire department!!! GONE!!! Almost 500 cops....not in Mayberry, NC....but CAMDEN MOTHERTRUCKING NEW JERSEY!!!!!

Thank your lovely, obese Tea Partying Governor....Chris Christie. His anti-govt worker tirade has caused many problems....and solved some to be fair.

But Jesus H. Christ. Closing down the entire police department in one of America's most dangerous cities?

And guess how they'll fix it? Require the local sheriff's department of the county to take over patrols. So....unincorporated citizens of the county will either get less service, or have to pay more in taxes, to fund the patrols of Camden city limits.

THIS is Tea Party ideology in action.

Yet I bet they are still handing out welfare, entitlements, and other benefits to the lazy... seems like THAT is what they should have cut before law enforcement
The CITY is handing out welfare, entitlements, and other benefits?

Lol's....you are a funny character. The city should learn to budget better. Its not like it mattered if the cops were around or not...that city is a shit hole either way.

so fuck the law abiding, tax paying citizens....right?

Blame the city not the governor. The city commissioners are the ones that should be dealing with this shit not the governor who has to control the entire state he can't be worrying about 1 worthless city that can't handle its money.Hell maybe they can borrow some drones from the homeland security cocksuckers use those to protect people. :eusa_whistle:

that.

you got issues and four years isnt enuff. try again.

You could live there for 300 years and still be an idiot LOL. Joisey for the Joiseyites LOL

so now they're going to have a private police force working for peanuts?

Nope. They're gonna have a "metro" police force. Meaning....the county is gonna hire about half of Camden's 500 cops, pay them a lot less, and have the county cops patrol Camden city limits.

What does that mean? Overall fewer cops. County residents having to either pay more, or recieve less police protection.

For the self-reliant types who own guns and are street-wise, this aint a big deal.

For the thousands of young 18 year old females at Rutgers Univ who may go out a midnight for a late night snack or grocery store errand, it could mean a lot.

Yes, I do.

In THIS case, the city police dept was run by the state. Camden PD has been run by the state of NJ for many years, it was done years ago at the request of the disfunctional city govt. The state has run the Camden PD for many years. Christie pushed this.

That is unique though. Rarely does a state run a city police dept, although they ALL give aid to the city depts.

No, I wasn't always like this. Radical TP politicians in the South who took on a crusade against government workers, and then took to fucking with cops and firemen, turned me sour on the GOP.

So you blame them for ceasing to recognize the difference between states and cities?

BTW you realize there are simply reorganizing the police forces, right?

so fuck the law abiding, tax paying citizens....right?

Blame the city not the governor. The city commissioners are the ones that should be dealing with this shit not the governor who has to control the entire state he can't be worrying about 1 worthless city that can't handle its money.Hell maybe they can borrow some drones from the homeland security cocksuckers use those to protect people. :eusa_whistle:

that.

How many times must I say it: Camden PD is run by the state of NJ, not the city of Camden. Fact.

Yes, I do.

So you blame them for ceasing to recognize the difference between states and cities?

BTW you realize there are simply reorganizing the police forces, right?

Sure I do. They are reorganizing. They aren't the first to do it. Las Vegas has a "metro" police. So does Louisville.

In this reorganization, it also includes a fairly huge downsizing. Metro Camden County, I'm guessing it'll be called, will hire about half of Camdens 500 cops. Most will be pissed off at the pay and benefits cut they'll surely take by going to a non-union PD (welcome to how the South does PD).

So, overall, there will be far fewer cops in Camden.

All BS aside, thats the bottom line. Fewer cops in one of the US's most dangerous cities.

Crime-ridden Camden, N.J., to disband city police department | syracuse.com

Yes, you read that right. The city of Camden, NJ, one of the most dangerous cities in the country, is disbanding it's police department. Not layoffs, not furloughs. DISBANDING the entire department!!! GONE!!! Almost 500 cops....not in Mayberry, NC....but CAMDEN MOTHERTRUCKING NEW JERSEY!!!!!

Thank your lovely, obese Tea Partying Governor....Chris Christie. His anti-govt worker tirade has caused many problems....and solved some to be fair.

But Jesus H. Christ. Closing down the entire police department in one of America's most dangerous cities?

And guess how they'll fix it? Require the local sheriff's department of the county to take over patrols. So....unincorporated citizens of the county will either get less service, or have to pay more in taxes, to fund the patrols of Camden city limits.

THIS is Tea Party ideology in action.

You're nearly doubling the number here, dumb ass.

Camden disbands police department | theGrio
Recognized as one of the most dangerous cities in America, Camden New Jersey is reported to be disbanding its police department as part of an austerity measure that would leave almost 270 officers without jobs.

In a move that has been criticized and considered to be a union-busting tactic, the officers that are retained would be part of a new non-union division of the Camden County Police department.

According to reports from the Philadelphia Inquirer, under the layoff plan designed by Camden Mayor Dana L. Reed, the 270 officers would serve their last day on the force by December 31st of this year, while field training for the county force that is dedicated to only serving Camden could begin as early as October.
they are not being disbanded, so you're a dumb ass and a liar. Also, the MAYOR did this, not Christie. Facts, it seems, are not your friends.

Forum List

Back