Thank you federal Reserve

Itsmethatguy

May 20, 2009
Now Ive lately been looking at exactly why America is in financial trouble, and one thing that came to light was the fact that we owe the federal reserve quite bit of money. Well I mean we pay the federal reserve so much money to produce our currency, a little over the face value of the actual currency. Then I started to think about this, why is the government actually paying to make its own money? These bankers who privately run the federal reserve are making an awesome dollar off of this. So this goes to what I have always said, ever since the federal reserve snuck in the bill to make the federal reserve our money producer we have been broke. you cant save or make money if your paying out more than what your getting in its simple economics.

So spending 1.5 cents to make 1 penny isnt putting us into debt, okay thats right. and no the federal reserve isnt the cause, nor is it the problem that our economy is in trouble, i was just something that i came across with our useless spending. but as a government we still do owe the reserve a lot of money.

Now Ive lately been looking at exactly why America is in financial trouble, and one thing that came to light was the fact that we owe the federal reserve quite bit of money. Well I mean we pay the federal reserve so much money to produce our currency, a little over the face value of the actual currency. Then I started to think about this, why is the government actually paying to make its own money? These bankers who privately run the federal reserve are making an awesome dollar off of this. So this goes to what I have always said, ever since the federal reserve snuck in the bill to make the federal reserve our money producer we have been broke. you cant save or make money if your paying out more than what your getting in its simple economics.

I always get sooo excited when I see someone new waking up to this. Welcome aboard.

Did you know they took out $9 trillion in the last 8 months and won't tell us who they gave the money to?

One Penny Sheet » Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion video

A little too much power, don't you think?

You should watch Freedom to Fascism by Aaron Russo.

Also, the bill to audit the Fed had a setback recently.

Ron Paul's bill to audit the Fed suffers Senate setback!

They own us.

I always get sooo excited when I see someone new waking up to this. Welcome aboard.

Did you know they took out $9 trillion in the last 8 months and won't tell us who they gave the money to?

The Fed has not conducted $9 trillion in off balance sheet transactions. The major off-balance sheet item the Fed has is the TSLF. Off-balance sheet transactions still must be associated with an asset. In this case, that asset is treasuries held by the Fed. And the way the author counts these transactions is simply wrong. The treasury securities being loaned by the Fed are simply being rolled over when they mature. Yet they are summing them as if they were all newly lent treasuries (with $9 trillion outstanding).

The $1 trillion expansion of the Fed balance sheet is easily explained. It is right there for you to read if you know how to read a balance sheet. What has not been explained by the Fed is 1) precisely who are the target beneficiaries and 2) in what amount for each. The same holds for the off-balance sheet transactions.

This is another example of a story furthered by folks that do not understand the Fed and how it operates. So they print something sensationalist that at its core is simply untrue. This undermines the legitimate complaints about the Fed.

Freedom to Fascism only gets it partly correct (w/respect to the Fed). There are errors in this video (the same types of errors you find on the internet). But many folks swallow it all hook, line, and sinker.

Brian

Last edited:

The Fed has not conducted $9 trillion in off balance sheet transactions. The major off-balance sheet item the Fed has is the TSLF. Off-balance sheet transactions still must be associated with an asset. In this case, that asset is treasuries held by the Fed. And the way the author counts these transactions is simply wrong. The treasury securities being loaned by the Fed are simply being rolled over when they mature. Yet they are summing them as if they were all newly lent treasuries (with $9 trillion outstanding).

The $1 trillion expansion of the Fed balance sheet is easily explained. It is right there for you to read if you know how to read a balance sheet. What has not been explained by the Fed is 1) precisely who are the target beneficiaries and 2) in what amount for each. The same holds for the off-balance sheet transactions.

This is another example of a story furthered by folks that do not understand the Fed and how it operates. So they print something sensationalist that at its core is simply untrue. This undermines the legitimate complaints about the Fed.

How do you know this? Show me:

The Fed has not conducted $9 trillion in off balance sheet transactions

That the Off-balance sheet transactions are associated with an asset.

Treasuries are being held by the feds

Prove:

The treasury securities being loaned by the Fed are simply being rolled over when they mature.

And isn't the same thing happening with the TARP? We're going to get all that money back with interest, right?

I know the Fed has "loaned out" a lot more than $700 billion, yet the media doesn't talk about the $9 trillion. They just keep teabagging Obama. And funny but our politicians seem to be concerned over the actions of the Fed, but not you. And I'm supposed to take your word for it?

Maybe that's why no one but you understands. Why is it such a secret? I don't believe/trust you or the Fed.

They own this country and our politicians, whether you get that or not.

And it is funny that you know whats going on when we can't even audit the Fed

http://www.examiner.com/x-14783-Law...-bill-to-audit-the-Fed-suffers-Senate-setback

Just look at the National Debt clock and defend them. Tell me that things are the way they should be. Explain why we need private bankers to actually own our federal reserve system.

i have watched freedom to facism, and it seems that people are ready to just throw it out the window cause they cant believe that its actually happening.

How do you know this? Show me:

The Fed has not conducted $9 trillion in off balance sheet transactions

That the Off-balance sheet transactions are associated with an asset.

Treasuries are being held by the feds
Just what do you think an off-balance sheet transaction is here? How do you think it is created?

You do not need a Fed audit to examine what I have described (you need an audit to determine exactly which institutions are being provided the money and in what amounts). Take a look at the balance sheet. Take a moment to understand what the TSLF auctions are, how they work, and when the auctions take place. Here are some links to investigate ...

FRB: Statistics and Historical Data

In particular, look at the H.4.1 releases ...
FRB: H.4.1 Release--Factors Affecting Reserve Balances, Release Dates

Prove:

The treasury securities being loaned by the Fed are simply being rolled over when they mature.
What do you think happens when a treasury security matures?

You can look at the outstanding balance of securities loaned in the TSLF at any time. Just look at the off-balance sheet portion of the H.4.1 (Section 1A).

And isn't the same thing happening with the TARP? We're going to get all that money back with interest, right?
The TARP is being funded via treasury auction. The Fed is propping up the treasury and MBS market by purchasing these securities in the open market (adding to bank reserves).

I know the Fed has "loaned out" a lot more than $700 billion, yet the media doesn't talk about the $9 trillion. They just keep teabagging Obama.
The Fed did not loan the TARP money. This is the function of the Treasury. The Fed has been engaged in lending to the banks via the TAF, TSLF, and other lending programs that are represented on the balance sheet. The Fed has also been monetizing some treasuries (but not nearly the amount that has been borrowed by the Treasury) and MBSs.

And funny but our politicians seem to be concerned over the actions of the Fed, but not you. And I'm supposed to take your word for it?
I have been a critic of the Fed long before you even knew what it was. But I am also critical of folks that do not understand the Fed and its operations, but fit themselves to write about things in which they have no clue. As I said, it undermines the credible effort that is being mounted against the Fed. It makes it much easier to label the opposition as ignorant quacks ... which unfortunately some are.

Maybe that's why no one but you understands. Why is it such a secret? I don't believe/trust you or the Fed.
None of what I have described is a secret. There are plenty of folks that understand this stuff (if they are willing to take the time to understand it and have some basic accounting abilities) ... folks like myself that are anti-Fed. You have simply been reading some fluff from folks that are ignorant concerning the Fed. Unfortunately, there is plenty of that also floating around the internet.

Brian

Last edited:
i have watched freedom to facism, and it seems that people are ready to just throw it out the window cause they cant believe that its actually happening.

And I don't understand people like gonegolfin. Is he a banker? Just the fact that they tell Congress to fuck off when asked who they loaned the money to is all I need to know to not trust them. And just like war or healthcare, FOR PROFITS should not be running this. FOR PROFITS love it the more we go into debt.

I have even argued with people who agree with Ron Paul. They don't think he believes what I believe because he doesn't say it.

He doesn't want to come off as a conspiracy theorist, even though they have already painted him as one, so instead of talking about things he can't prove, he focus' on what he can prove, and what he can prove is that these rich bankers should not be in charge of our money.

If these bankers are doing a great job, then so are the Dems. :lol:

Just what do you think an off-balance sheet transaction is here? How do you think it is created?

You do not need a Fed audit to examine what I have described (you need an audit to determine exactly which institutions are being provided the money and in what amounts). Take a look at the balance sheet. Take a moment to understand what the TSLF auctions are, how they work, and when the auctions take place. Here are some links to investigate ...

You can look at the outstanding balance of securities loaned in the TSLF at any time. Just look at the off-balance sheet portion of the H.4.1 (Section 1A).

The TARP is being funded via treasury auction. The Fed is propping up the treasury and MBS market by purchasing these securities in the open market (adding to bank reserves).

The Fed did not loan the TARP money. This is the function of the Treasury. The Fed has been engaged in lending to the banks via the TAF, TSLF, and other lending programs that are represented on the balance sheet. The Fed has also been monetizing some treasuries (but not nearly the amount that has been borrowed by the Treasury) and MBSs.

I have been a critic of the Fed long before you even knew what it was. But I am also critical of folks that do not understand the Fed and its operations, but fit themselves to write about things in which they have no clue. As I said, it undermines the credible effort that is being mounted against the Fed. It makes it much easier to label the opposition as ignorant quacks ... which unfortunately some are.

None of what I have described is a secret. There are plenty of folks that understand this stuff (if they are willing to take the time to understand it and have some basic accounting abilities) ... folks like myself that are anti-Fed. You have simply been reading some fluff from folks that are ignorant concerning the Fed. Unfortunately, there is plenty of that also floating around the internet.

Brian

You only think you know. And if you understand all that mumbo jumbo you provided, you're a better man than I am. But I don't think anything you posted proves anything. It only further complicates the issue, which I believe is your goal. Confuse us, distract us, obstruct progress, etc. Fuck that. Common sense says that private bankers have too much power and they are fucking us.

I know enough to know we need to take this power/control away from the bankers.

Bernanke Says Federal Reserve Won't Reveal Details on Loans

Bernanke Says Federal Reserve Won't Reveal Details on Loans - Bloomberg.com

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/106443/why_won't_the_federal_reserve_say_who_they_gave_$2_trillion_to/

And let me explain how some of the tarp money worked. Don't say this is different, because you have no clue how this works. If you do, maybe you should tell the politicians.

Anways, here is how the tarp worked. We gave banks billions and at the time we only asked them to give back 60 cents on every dollar. So right off the bat we were only going to get 60% back, but then the stock market crashed (surprise surprise) and the stock went down lower than 50 cents on the dollar, so of course the bankers wanted to pay us off as quickly as possible, in case the stock went back up. Now they are profitable again and bonus' are flying. Did you see that? The bankers are doing great this quarter.

Now you are suggesting you know more than Elizabeth Warren, the woman who was put in charge of overseeing the TARP.

Person In Charge Of Overseeing TARP Bailouts Doesn’t Know If They’re Working | KXNet.com North Dakota News

You must be the ass who wrote this:

Elizabeth Warren: The Wrong Person to Oversee TARP -- Seeking Alpha

He too seems to defend the bankers.

Now, I like bashing big companies as much as the next guy. I even occasionally agree with some of the things Professor Warren has to say. But the Professor doesn’t just quibble with this lending practice or that one. She thinks the entire industry is diabolical. Warren apparently believes consumer lenders have some mystical, systematic advantage over consumers, which they see as their duty to exploit at every turn. Or, as she puts it, "Credit products aimed at both middle class and poor families are designed to trick them, trap them, and otherwise pick their pockets.”

See gonegolfin, you are one of these Ahole's who will stop short of defending the bankers because they really aren't defendable, but you won't go all the way and help us fix what is wrong. YES, they are diobolical. YES, they have too much power.

So you'll admit they aren't perfect, but you pretend like you know what's going on and that what they are doing is the right thing. BS! My only question is why are you an obstructionist? I can only assume that you hate the government more than you hate the private bankers. So no matter what they do, you won't get behind putting the power back in governments hands.

So spending 1.5 cents to make 1 penny isnt putting us into debt, okay thats right. and no the federal reserve isnt the cause, nor is it the problem that our economy is in trouble, i was just something that i came across with our useless spending. but as a government we still do owe the reserve a lot of money.

The Federal Reserve is the cause of the downturn, actually. They create the boom-and-bust cycle with their artificially low interest rates.

The Federal Reserve is the cause of the downturn, actually. They create the boom-and-bust cycle with their artificially low interest rates.

Kevin, you are more knowledgeable on this than I am. Will you read and reply to gonegolfin. You may agree with some of what he has to say. I want to see. Glad to see you found this topic.

And I don't understand people like gonegolfin. Is he a banker? Just the fact that they tell Congress to fuck off when asked who they loaned the money to is all I need to know to not trust them.
Where did I say that I am not in support of having the Fed reveal the institutions to which they are providing aid (and the amounts)? I am in support of such measures. What I do not support is the proliferation of false and misguided information. It makes our case weaker.

No, I am not a banker.

Brian

Kevin, you are more knowledgeable on this than I am. Will you read and reply to gonegolfin. You may agree with some of what he has to say. I want to see. Glad to see you found this topic.
Maybe you should go back and read my posts over the last year or so ... especially the articles I have written. Kevin and I are on the same page. But to be clear, I take a rigorous approach in my research and writing. I have spent a non-trivial amount of time studying the plumbing and operations of the Fed.

Brian

I'm glad you think highly of my opinion on this sealy, but I wouldn't say I'm more knowledgeable on this issue than you are. gonegolfin knows what he's talking about, and more than I do I'm sure.

Brian

You only think you know. And if you understand all that mumbo jumbo you provided, you're a better man than I am.
If you do not understand what I have provided, how can you possibly evaluate the credibility factor of what you have been reading?

But I don't think anything you posted proves anything. It only further complicates the issue, which I believe is your goal. Confuse us, distract us, obstruct progress, etc. Fuck that. Common sense says that private bankers have too much power and they are fucking us.
What? My goal?

Huh?

See gonegolfin, you are one of these Ahole's who will stop short of defending the bankers because they really aren't defendable, but you won't go all the way and help us fix what is wrong.
You are utterly confused w/respect to my positions and know nothing of my efforts. Anyhow, if you cannot refrain from issuing insults, do not reply to my posts.

So you'll admit they aren't perfect, but you pretend like you know what's going on and that what they are doing is the right thing. BS! My only question is why are you an obstructionist?
I pretend like "who is doing the right thing"? Did you understand anything I wrote in this thread?

Brian

Last edited:

I'm glad you think highly of my opinion on this sealy, but I wouldn't say I'm more knowledgeable on this issue than you are. gonegolfin knows what he's talking about, and more than I do I'm sure.

Well just like I believe some of the things that were said on Freedom to Fascism, even though I didn't independently verify the information, I think he might have read an explanation on why the Fed was doing something that seemed shady and accepted that what they were doing was....what word am I looking for, "legit" or "on the up and up".

No fucking way. They Federal Reserve System is a joke. Ok, I read his last comment to me and maybe he isn't a Federal Reserve Defender.

He just doesn't want me to be putting out bad information because then it makes things harder. I can respect that.

But golfin, I'm still not buying your argument that "they didn't loan out $9 trillion.

Unless you can show me that they got the money back.

Or, maybe what you are saying is that the money they loaned out won't be added to the debt?

Will it lower the value of the dollar or cause hyperinflation?

What negatives could come from that $9 trillion?

Zero Hedge: The Federal Reserve Can Not Account For $9 Trillion In Off-Balance Sheet Transactions

Did you understand anything I wrote in this thread?

Brian

No :eusa_drool:

This video is a must watch for anyone who wants to understand just how "effective" the Fed is at safeguarding taxpayer money. Apparently nobody at the Federal Reserve has any clue where the trillions of dollars that have come from the Fed's expanded balance sheet have gone. Additionally, nobody there seems to have any idea what the losses on the Fed's $2 trillion portfolio really are.

As for the pittance of $9 trillion in Fed off-balance sheet transactions over the past 8 months, well, yeah, that's also somewhere out there... Just don't ask the Federal Reserve where.

Rep. Alan Grayson summarizes it best "I am shocked to find out that nobody at the Federal Reserve is keeping track of anything."

(P.S. Zero Hedge uses the term "anyone" generically, with the presumption that the Fed's Inspector General should traditionally receive most memos on memorandum items that deal with a dollar sign and +/- 12 zeros after it).

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/05/federal-reserve-can-not-account-for-9.html

Last edited:

Maybe you should go back and read my posts over the last year or so ... especially the articles I have written. Kevin and I are on the same page. But to be clear, I take a rigorous approach in my research and writing. I have spent a non-trivial amount of time studying the plumbing and operations of the Fed.

Brian

Sorry, it was too much information. Sort of like the income tax law. No way its legit. Its too confusing to be legit. If it were legit, they would be able to just point to the law and say, "see, there it is".

And the Internal Revenue Code is not the law. The Code will refer you to the Federal Tax Regulations for even more confusing details if the Code wasn't confusing enough. And if you want more, then you can look up the Federal Tax Coordinator, which is an entire library.

Freedom to Fascism only gets it partly correct (w/respect to the Fed). There are errors in this video (the same types of errors you find on the internet). But many folks swallow it all hook, line, and sinker.

Brian

1. True this makes no sense to me.

2. How can we be sure the Fed will get all of the $9 trillion back?

3. What if they don't?

4. If we don't, will it be added to the debt?

5. Will this cause the value of the dollar to go down?

6. Why did they go to Congress for billions in tarp but didn't feel it necessary to go to them for $9 trillion?

7. Why isn't the "liberal" media reporting this?

Forum List

Back