Thank you federal Reserve

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Itsmethatguy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Itsmethatguy

Itsmethatguy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Now Ive lately been looking at exactly why America is in financial trouble, and one thing that came to light was the fact that we owe the federal reserve quite bit of money. Well I mean we pay the federal reserve so much money to produce our currency, a little over the face value of the actual currency. Then I started to think about this, why is the government actually paying to make its own money? These bankers who privately run the federal reserve are making an awesome dollar off of this. So this goes to what I have always said, ever since the federal reserve snuck in the bill to make the federal reserve our money producer we have been broke. you cant save or make money if your paying out more than what your getting in its simple economics.

2. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,081
    The economy is not in trouble because we owe the Fed a lot of money. We owe the Fed a lot of money because the economy is in trouble

3. Itsmethatguy

Itsmethatguy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    So spending 1.5 cents to make 1 penny isnt putting us into debt, okay thats right. and no the federal reserve isnt the cause, nor is it the problem that our economy is in trouble, i was just something that i came across with our useless spending. but as a government we still do owe the reserve a lot of money.

4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,164
    I always get sooo excited when I see someone new waking up to this. Welcome aboard.

Did you know they took out $9 trillion in the last 8 months and won't tell us who they gave the money to?

One Penny Sheet » Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion video

A little too much power, don't you think?

You should watch Freedom to Fascism by Aaron Russo.

Also, the bill to audit the Fed had a setback recently.

Ron Paul's bill to audit the Fed suffers Senate setback!

They own us.

5. gonegolfin

gonegolfin Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    The Fed has not conducted $9 trillion in off balance sheet transactions. The major off-balance sheet item the Fed has is the TSLF. Off-balance sheet transactions still must be associated with an asset. In this case, that asset is treasuries held by the Fed. And the way the author counts these transactions is simply wrong. The treasury securities being loaned by the Fed are simply being rolled over when they mature. Yet they are summing them as if they were all newly lent treasuries (with $9 trillion outstanding).

The $1 trillion expansion of the Fed balance sheet is easily explained. It is right there for you to read if you know how to read a balance sheet. What has not been explained by the Fed is 1) precisely who are the target beneficiaries and 2) in what amount for each. The same holds for the off-balance sheet transactions.

This is another example of a story furthered by folks that do not understand the Fed and how it operates. So they print something sensationalist that at its core is simply untrue. This undermines the legitimate complaints about the Fed.

Freedom to Fascism only gets it partly correct (w/respect to the Fed). There are errors in this video (the same types of errors you find on the internet). But many folks swallow it all hook, line, and sinker.

Brian

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,164
    How do you know this? Show me:

The Fed has not conducted $9 trillion in off balance sheet transactions

That the Off-balance sheet transactions are associated with an asset.

Treasuries are being held by the feds

Prove:

The treasury securities being loaned by the Fed are simply being rolled over when they mature.

And isn't the same thing happening with the TARP? We're going to get all that money back with interest, right?

I know the Fed has "loaned out" a lot more than $700 billion, yet the media doesn't talk about the $9 trillion. They just keep teabagging Obama. And funny but our politicians seem to be concerned over the actions of the Fed, but not you. And I'm supposed to take your word for it?

Maybe that's why no one but you understands. Why is it such a secret? I don't believe/trust you or the Fed.

They own this country and our politicians, whether you get that or not.

And it is funny that you know whats going on when we can't even audit the Fed

http://www.examiner.com/x-14783-Law...-bill-to-audit-the-Fed-suffers-Senate-setback

Just look at the National Debt clock and defend them. Tell me that things are the way they should be. Explain why we need private bankers to actually own our federal reserve system.

7. Itsmethatguy

Itsmethatguy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    i have watched freedom to facism, and it seems that people are ready to just throw it out the window cause they cant believe that its actually happening.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. gonegolfin

gonegolfin Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,164
    And I don't understand people like gonegolfin. Is he a banker? Just the fact that they tell Congress to fuck off when asked who they loaned the money to is all I need to know to not trust them. And just like war or healthcare, FOR PROFITS should not be running this. FOR PROFITS love it the more we go into debt.

I have even argued with people who agree with Ron Paul. They don't think he believes what I believe because he doesn't say it.

He doesn't want to come off as a conspiracy theorist, even though they have already painted him as one, so instead of talking about things he can't prove, he focus' on what he can prove, and what he can prove is that these rich bankers should not be in charge of our money.

If these bankers are doing a great job, then so are the Dems. :lol:

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,164