Thank You Canada!

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
I heard this yesterday, indeed, it's very good news.

I do have some faith in Martin, (call it a hunch) even though I didn't vote for him. I think we might see some interesting changes coming from his government over the next few years, I hope I'm not disappointed.

I've heard this as well. Kudos to Martin. Darfur drastically needs this.

I think it's a positive shift in peacekeeping. It seems that when peacekeeping forces have drastically different cultures than the prevailing culture of the country in need, there is increasing reception for the forces.

I believe allowing other nations, under financial and logistical support from doner nations perform the peacekeeping operations may improve the success of the missions overall.

In addition countries with anemic military resources still, like Canada, are able to provide peacekeeping support without further taxing a perhaps, overtaxed miltary.

Isaac Brock said:
In addition countries with anemic military resources still, like Canada, are able to provide peacekeeping support without further taxing a perhaps, overtaxed miltary.

How, by helping the world identify "greedy donor nations". A nation of finger pointers and whiners, thanks for you contribution.

rtwngAvngr said:
How, by helping the world identify "greedy donor nations". A nation of finger pointers and whiners, thanks for you contribution.

So your solution involves not funding other peacekeppers? Why are nations that donate money to other countries who provide peacekeeping greedy? Or would you rather the laissez-faire approach?

If we don't fund the AU peacekeepers then we're hypocrites, if we do fund them, we're whiners.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back