Thank Labor Unions.

The profits/loss report tells what an employee should get...not a fucked up control freak government. Lol
Now you're bringing government into it? I thought we were talking about union wages, those employment terms which employers and employees agree to without government interference.

Now government is also to blame for high prices and substandard products?

This is fun. Who else can you try to blame for mismanagement of a company?
The union and federal government or one in the same, a recipe for Mismanagement. Union bosses and career politicians are into each other's pockets… It's called incest

Lmfao. Oh man...how unbelievably remarkably ignorant...brb...

The big three were living on borrowed time because of the unions and the ridiculous pain they paid their employees - because of the unions. LOL
"Ridiculous pain". Can you be more specific? Something more than "a fair day's work for a fair day's pay".
Pay

Where do you work rustic?...walmart?...or not?
Self-employed for over 20 years, I sell firearms and ammo, and in the off-season I sell private timber permits and mining permits. Although there is no off-season for firearms anymore. Thanks to Barry.
:dance::dance:

The profits/loss report tells what an employee should get...not a fucked up control freak government. Lol
Now you're bringing government into it? I thought we were talking about union wages, those employment terms which employers and employees agree to without government interference.

Now government is also to blame for high prices and substandard products?

This is fun. Who else can you try to blame for mismanagement of a company?
The union and federal government or one in the same, a recipe for Mismanagement. Union bosses and career politicians are into each other's pockets… It's called incest

Lmfao. Oh man...how unbelievably remarkably ignorant...brb...
Lemming

Explain that. Don't just repeat it.
Certainly. It's a reasonable request.

At companies where wage-earners are represented by one or more unions, the terms of their employment contracts are subject to negotiation. The workers want this and that, terms and assurances of importance to them, and the company wants thus and so, terms and assurances that are important to them. They hash their differences out at the bargaining table and come to a settlement on which both can agree.

It's written up and signed by both parties, becoming a private contract between these parties. Each is responsible for the content of the contract, both ethically and by law.

At many companies, not just in the US but also in Europe and Asia, these terms of employment may include provisions for employees' health care needs and even a pension plan.

Got it? It's pretty straightforward.

Oh, by the way, I don't think you've explained how it's the unions that are responsible for climbing prices and poor quality. That definitely needs explanation. Please extend me the same courtesy by providing it.

Explain that. Don't just repeat it.
Certainly. It's a reasonable request.

At companies where wage-earners are represented by one or more unions, the terms of their employment contracts are subject to negotiation. The workers want this and that, terms and assurances of importance to them, and the company wants thus and so, terms and assurances that are important to them. They hash their differences out at the bargaining table and come to a settlement on which both can agree.

It's written up and signed by both parties, becoming a private contract between these parties. Each is responsible for the content of the contract, both ethically and by law.

At many companies, not just in the US but also in Europe and Asia, these terms of employment may include provisions for employees' health care needs and even a pension plan.

Got it? It's pretty straightforward.

Yeah, I had it already. Just not sure you knew it since it really has little relevance to the discussion you jumped into.

Never been part of a union and haven't lost ground yet.

Anyone relying on a union to do his/her bidding isn't worth hiring. They're saying my skills aren't good enough to speak for me.
You're not the only one with those skills. Others who are hungrier than you can do your job for less. Who do you think will be doing your job when they come a-knocking at your boss' door?

You're at it again making claims you can't prove.

The same as it is now.
You are the only one with those skills? If I believed you, I'd be impressed.

Never said I was. What I did say is that being hungrier is irrelevant and doesn't qualify someone to do my job. Since you don't know what I do, and it's really none o your business, making claims you can't prove makes you look more foolish than you already do.
You're the one saying no one can do your job. That's quite a claim no matter who you are or what you do.

Never said that. You seem to think that all it would take is for someone to come in and be willing to do it for less for them to be hired. That simply isn't true.

Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States

Thank you! We have much to thank labor unions for. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Fuck Labor Unions

15 years ago they protested my jobsite on a large commercial job. A job I did every few years for a national chain in the winter time. As a result that corporation now has a crew from POLAND remodel all their stores nation wide. Tens of thousands of dollars gone every other winter because of Union bullying & the bad publicity it brought them.

Unions once served the nation. Now they hold it back. Fuck unions
Ok, just so I understand...This:

Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States

...doesnt matter anymore to you?
I am the owner. Have been for around 2 decades. Never needed the union to set my schedules or work ethics. That shit is meaningless to me. You either treat your employees right or they leave. Simple concept. Dunno why you need someone dipping into your wallet to tell you if you're being fucked or not. Common sense should tell you that.

You're not the only one with those skills. Others who are hungrier than you can do your job for less. Who do you think will be doing your job when they come a-knocking at your boss' door?

You're at it again making claims you can't prove.

The same as it is now.
You are the only one with those skills? If I believed you, I'd be impressed.

Never said I was. What I did say is that being hungrier is irrelevant and doesn't qualify someone to do my job. Since you don't know what I do, and it's really none o your business, making claims you can't prove makes you look more foolish than you already do.
You're the one saying no one can do your job. That's quite a claim no matter who you are or what you do.

Never said that. You seem to think that all it would take is for someone to come in and be willing to do it for less for them to be hired. That simply isn't true.
I am rarely the low bid but I am almost always hired. The one company I ALWAYS beat though? The local union shop. By thousands I might add. They offer substandard products, less than personal service & some pretty scummy looking employees. I always beat them.

Some people just don't get it

Yeah, I had it already. Just not sure you knew it since it really has little relevance to the discussion you jumped into.
Then it was an odd demand to make. Why tell me you want an explanation for something that, now, you don't think is important? I think it was important because it told me how little you apparently know about labor/management dynamics.

I think my request for an explanation is important. Why are you so reluctant to provide it?

I know that it's possible, and I know that it's happened often enough to justify employees to seek union representation to keep it from happening to them.

Either workers stick together to keep employment standards up, or it's a dog-eat-dog race to the bottom of the wage scale.

At a mom & pop operation or at even what's considered a small business, there's usually no need for employee unions. The boss knows his employees and his employees know him. It is, in a sense, a family, and they're all working together for their mutual benefit.

But at a large company, a business so large that an employee can pass his boss on the street and neither recognizes the other, that's when the employee better get together with other employees and form a group to protect their interests, because they are not considered family by their boss, they're considered human capital, a resource, a commodity. They're interchangeable and easily replaceable.

That's why there are unions. That's pretty much the only reason there are unions. They didn't fall out of the sky. They were created by big business through its treatment of those who provided the labor that made them big businesses. They are a response to a very real need, employee advocacy in the workplace.

I know that it's possible, and I know that it's happened often enough to justify employees to seek union representation to keep it from happening to them.

Either workers stick together to keep employment standards up, or it's a dog-eat-dog race to the bottom of the wage scale.

At a mom & pop operation or at even what's considered a small business, there's usually no need for employee unions. The boss knows his employees and his employees know him. It is, in a sense, a family, and they're all working together for their mutual benefit.

But at a large company, a business so large that an employee can pass his boss on the street and neither recognizes the other, that's when the employee better get together with other employees and form a group to protect their interests, because they are not considered family by their boss, they're considered human capital, a resource, a commodity. They're interchangeable and easily replaceable.

That's why there are unions. That's pretty much the only reason there are unions. They didn't fall out of the sky. They were created by big business through its treatment of those who provided the labor that made them big businesses. They are a response to a very real need, employee advocacy in the workplace.

Like I said, if you have to have a union to do for you, you're not worth hiring.

Like I said, if you have to have a union to do for you, you're not worth hiring.
Corollary: If you employer subscribes to that position, his record of abuses explains why he doesn't want you in a union.

Corollary: If you employer subscribes to that position, his record of abuses explains why he doesn't want you in a union.

I'll need you to provide proof of the abuses.

Hah! After your sweeping statement about the employee not being worth hiring? You're a real card.

Hah! After your sweeping statement about the employee not being worth hiring? You're a real card.

You claim has been dismissed for lack of proof. If you're going to make such claims, you should be able to back them up. In this case, it's just another example of a loud mouth running his dick sucker about something for which he has nothing with which to support it.

I accept your surrender and acknowledgement that someone relying on a union instead of his/her skills isn't worth hiring.

Forum List

Back