Thank God

the majority of the American people are not represented by this board. Some of you spend you're entire day posting thread after thread trying desperately to prove Obama is an awful President, well, America doesn't agree

Obama's honeymoon with Americans still going strong - CNN.com

Why would i waste my time trying to "desperately prove" anything. President Obama has already demonstrated he is an awful President. But that's usually what happens when you elect power hungry politicians instead of experienced leaders into office.

the majority of the American people are not represented by this board. Some of you spend you're entire day posting thread after thread trying desperately to prove Obama is an awful President, well, America doesn't agree

What is this blinding love affair that you have that doesn't allow you to see that there are real reasons to criticize the philosophy and the actions of Pres. Obama? How about some respect for the intelligence of individuals on the other side of the argument? Perhaps it's not hate that drives his critics.

Last edited:

Yup and as I recall Bush had 92 percent approval and remained in the 70's for quite some time. So I guess the response to you Bush haters is " we are glad you do not represent the country"

In fact Bush has the HIGHEST ever approval rating of ANY President EVER. Obama is not even close. And already falling. Which will just get worse as he spends trillions more we do NOT have on his cronies and buddies.

Remind me again? Bush spent a trillion on 2 wars and that was bad, but Obama wanting to spend 3 trillion with out even factoring in the wars is somehow a GOOD thing? 3 trillion not counting the annual budgets either. Bush doubled the deficit in 8 years, Obama plans to double the NEW one in 4 and you think that is GREAT?

In fact Bush has the HIGHEST ever approval rating of ANY President EVER. Obama is not even close. And already falling. Which will just get worse as he spends trillions more we do NOT have on his cronies and buddies.

Remind me again? Bush spent a trillion on 2 wars and that was bad, but Obama wanting to spend 3 trillion with out even factoring in the wars is somehow a GOOD thing? 3 trillion not counting the annual budgets either. Bush doubled the deficit in 8 years, Obama plans to double the NEW one in 4 and you think that is GREAT?

and putting the feelers out for MORE!!!!
washingtonpost.com

Why would i waste my time trying to "desperately prove" anything. President Obama has already demonstrated he is an awful President. But that's usually what happens when you elect power hungry politicians instead of experienced leaders into office.

An awful president? To whom? People who got it wrong for eight years and are still deadenders?

S'okay...

Obama has a 62% approval rating and 26% disapproval rating. I think he's alright with that. Me, too.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Interestingly, what the whingers aren't talking about is that Congress' approval ratings are at a four year high. Hmmmmmmmm....

GallupSpaces

And the feeling about the direction of the country, while still not high, is certainly higher than at any time over the last four years at least.

So I wouldn't go throwing any parties yet if I were you guys. Is all of this subject to change? Of course. But the whingers aren't representative of anyone but themselves. My feeling is that after being wrong for eight years, they really should just get out of the way and be quiet for a while before they embarrass themselves further.

And some of you spend day after day posting on this board trying to convince people the man can walk on water.

Well, he still can't.

The only ones who use rhetoric like that are the rightwingnuts. They establish that as their argument and then use the fallacious argument to make further fallacious points.

I'm sure it works for some people. *shrug*

This is from Newsweek, an Obama supporter:

"Obama still has the approval of the people, but the establishment is beginning to mumble that the president may not have what it takes. "
A Turning Tide? | Print Article | Newsweek.com

Paglia, not a supporter, writes:
"President Obama's clumsy, smirky staff is sinking him..." at Salon.com

Obama's approval is not even what the horrible Jimmy Carter had at this time in his Presidency

It's still the 'feeling'.. the cult of personality

The ONLY thing I have somewhat agreed with Obama on was his blurb about saving some money in one aspect in accounting... but that is offset by his spending and increasing of government with numbers that blew that little savings right out of the water.. it's like spending $100 to chase down $1

Obama's approval is not even what the horrible Jimmy Carter had at this time in his Presidency

It's still the 'feeling'.. the cult of personality

The ONLY thing I have somewhat agreed with Obama on was his blurb about saving some money in one aspect in accounting... but that is offset by his spending and increasing of government with numbers that blew that little savings right out of the water.. it's like spending $100 to chase down $1

Interestingly, I haven't found any proof that jimmy carter's numbers were higher. But so what even if they were. The wingnuts are much more vocal now than they were then and there's a 24 hour news cycle. So I'm not sure there's really any point in what you're saying... or even that it's accurate.

That said. This is from February, but nothing has really changed since then numerically:

From NBC's Mark Murray and Chuck Todd
According to the latest Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating is now at 63%, which is down five percentage points from his initial rating in January. Also, his disapproval number has doubled from 12% in January to 24% now.

But be careful if you're trying to draw a dramatic conclusion about this slight downward tick. The only group of voters that has moved away from Obama are Republicans, who went from 41% approval in January to 30% now. However, Democrats' approval has remained steady (88% then, 89% now). And -- perhaps most importantly -- so has approval among independents (63% then, 63% now).

Gallup poll: Obama approval at 63% - First Read - msnbc.com

oh...and I think you'll find that the religious right doesn't much like Obama given his return to rational scientific policy and his doing away with Bush's gifts to the evangelicals. I'm okay with that, too.

I hate to break the news to you but I think it's pretty clear that the right wing wouldn't approve of Obama if he stood on his head and turned water into wine.

Thanks and fair enough. Let me know when he doesn't respond properly to a hostage crisis and the person running against him makes a deal to hold those hostages til after the election. ;)

and it's still better than Reagan and Clinton and baby Bush (52% approval/44% disapproval), all two termers, unlike Carter, so I wouldn't get too het up about it. would you? :eusa_whistle:

An awful president? To whom? People who got it wrong for eight years and are still deadenders?

S'okay...

Obama has a 62% approval rating and 26% disapproval rating. I think he's alright with that. Me, too.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Interestingly, what the whingers aren't talking about is that Congress' approval ratings are at a four year high. Hmmmmmmmm....

GallupSpaces

And the feeling about the direction of the country, while still not high, is certainly higher than at any time over the last four years at least.

So I wouldn't go throwing any parties yet if I were you guys. Is all of this subject to change? Of course. But the whingers aren't representative of anyone but themselves. My feeling is that after being wrong for eight years, they really should just get out of the way and be quiet for a while before they embarrass themselves further.

Funny how the same people who say "You can't judge Obama's presidency as bad or a failure in the first few months" are the same people saying he is a great president in his first few months.

Thanks and fair enough. Let me know when he doesn't respond properly to a hostage crisis and the person running against him makes a deal to hold those hostages til after the election. ;)

and it's still better than Reagan and Clinton and baby Bush (52% approval/44% disapproval), all two termers, unlike Carter, so I wouldn't get too het up about it. would you? :eusa_whistle:

Right... Jill... but what I am basically saying.. that the rating now is not a precursor to what it will be.. nor is it a mark on 'how good' someone truly is...

right now, as it has been many times... it is the new 'feeling' and IMHO in this case it is a lot of the 'cult of personality'

Funny how the same people who say "You can't judge Obama's presidency as bad or a failure in the first few months" are the same people saying he is a great president in his first few months.

who's saying great? you seem to be confused between defense against the bizarre and freakish attacks of the lunatic right and saying he's going to be a "great" president.

no one is going to allow this garbage, though: http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/h...l-is-to-bring-down-approval-numbers-for-dems/

big difference there, kimosabe.

Forum List

Back