Thank God, the country dodged a bullet last night

RollingThunder

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2010
I'm feeling a lot of joy and relief at these election results. We all, the whole country, just barely dodged the bullets of ideological extremism.....plutocracy.......corporatism/fascism.........the crushing of women's rights.......the denial of reality in many areas, such as global warming......and of course, all of that goofy bigoted cult craziness from Romney with that Mormon Elder bizarre political power prophecies of total American domination by Mormons and from Ryan with that wicked cultish AynRandian heartless money/greed worship. One of the important and positive things about these election results, aside from not having to watch my country go down the tubes under the mismanagement of corporate stooges like Romoney & ol' Lying Ryan, is the fact that the rightwingers, especially Romney, based their campaigns on lies and the lies didn't work in the end. Hurray for the American people.

I think the bullets American dodged were real. If Hussein had lost the election I have no doubt that the OWS rabble and the new black panthers would have tried to recreate the shining years of Bill Ayers' anarchist movement of the 60's and 70's.

I think the bullets American dodged were real. If Hussein had lost the election I have no doubt that the OWS rabble and the new black panthers would have tried to recreate the shining years of Bill Ayers' anarchist movement of the 60's and 70's.

Much like your analysis of how the election would turn out, this too is way off. But keep pretending like you have any clue about what you're talking about.

I'm feeling a lot of joy and relief at these election results. We all, the whole country, just barely dodged the bullets of ideological extremism.....plutocracy.......corporatism/fascism.........the crushing of women's rights.......the denial of reality in many areas, such as global warming......and of course, all of that goofy bigoted cult craziness from Romney with that Mormon Elder bizarre political power prophecies of total American domination by Mormons and from Ryan with that wicked cultish AynRandian heartless money/greed worship. One of the important and positive things about these election results, aside from not having to watch my country go down the tubes under the mismanagement of corporate stooges like Romoney & ol' Lying Ryan, is the fact that the rightwingers, especially Romney, based their campaigns on lies and the lies didn't work in the end. Hurray for the American people.
Glad Obama won. Still got a divided congress to deal with.

Much like your analysis of how the election would turn out, this too is way off. But keep pretending like you have any clue about what you're talking about.

Van Jones is real. He organized a looting and pillaging riot in Oakland and he is seen as the current leader of the OWS revolution. Jones was appointed to Hussein's phony green jobs board so there is a connection to the administration. Bill Ayers avoided the Electric Chair because a friendly liberal judge exonerated him of the murder of his fellow bomb making anarchists and every other freaking crime connected to his decade long domestic terrorism because the FBI illegally tapped his freaking phone. Ayers shared a chairmanship in a Chicago endowment fund with none other than B. Hussein Obama so there is a connection to the 60-70-s anarchist movement. The attorney general found time to authorize the shipment of 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico and he declined to prosecute the new black panthers in a clear cut voter intimidation case. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that America dodged real bullets if Hussein was defeated.

Glad Obama won. Still got a divided congress to deal with.

Wouldn't be decker if he wasn't "worried" about something.

Dodged a bullet in lieu of the impending cannonball that currently has America in its trajectory. It's going to be funny when Obama has to tell the 47% of his base why he must take away all that free stuff that very soon the Taxpayers won't be able to afford. I'm looking forward to it.

Overall, I think we will be better off. The Supreme Court will not turn ultra conservative over the next four years if we have a couple of justices retire. I believe we will get a better rational behind any spending cuts and/or tax increases, and we will probably be less likely to get entangled in another stupid war. Those are some pretty big things, but as far as everything else, I think there won't be much difference.

It's scary to think that you actually believe this nonsense.

Instead of a doubling of the rate of debt accumulation, instead of a doubling of the federal deficit, instead of the weakest 4-year period of economic growth in over 70 years--instead of this sad record, we could have had a man who, as governor of a heavily blue state:

* Balanced the budget every year without raising the income tax, the sales tax, or the gas tax.
* Improved the state's bond rating.
* Increased the state's reserve fund.
* Improved the state's job-creation ranking from 47th to 28th.
* Brought the state unemployment down to below 5% (below the national average).
* Cut property taxes for seniors.
* Rebated $275 million in capital gains taxes back to taxpayers.

It's scary to think that you actually believe this nonsense.

Instead of a doubling of the rate of debt accumulation, instead of a doubling of the federal deficit, instead of the weakest 4-year period of economic growth in over 70 years--instead of this sad record, we could have had a man who, as governor of a heavily blue state:

* Balanced the budget every year without raising the income tax, the sales tax, or the gas tax.
* Improved the state's bond rating.
* Increased the state's reserve fund.
* Improved the state's job-creation ranking from 47th to 28th.
* Brought the state unemployment down to below 5% (below the national average).
* Cut property taxes for seniors.
* Rebated $275 million in capital gains taxes back to taxpayers.

Romney became governor of Massachusetts in 2003 just after the state has passed in 2002 a major tax increase - which raised capital gains tax rates, eliminated charitable deductions, delayed a planned cut to the state income tax and raised the state cigarette tax 75 cents - that he benefited from without having to take political responsibility for. That's how he supposedly "balanced the budget" but it really had nothing to do with his policies. In 2004, Romney's administration lobbied Standard & Poor's to improve Massachusetts' credit rating based in part on the extra money generated by that tax hike

The jobs increase claim is a lie.

We found that from December 2002 to December 2006, Massachusetts ranked 47th out of 50 states (not including the District of Columbia) in job growth. (We calculated that by using the number of jobs at the beginning and end of the period for each state to determine the percentage change and then ranking the states.) Only Ohio, Louisiana and Michigan fared worse. - PolitiFact.com

Romney as President would have been an utter disaster for this country and the world.

Forum List

Back