Thank God I live in a country that allows these IDIOTS to live!!!

I never supported invading Iraq.

I was shocked when I figured out we were going to premeptively invade a country.

I predicted pretty accurately how it would turn out as well.
I did a much better job than those in congress or the administration or the news media did.

You did? really? Of course, we'll have to take your word for it, since we don't have access to your posts from 2003.

Of course, I do remember the dire predictions of the left, how there would be a partition of the country and such, never actually happened. Largely because Bush ignored the doomsayers.

Based on what it knew?

No.

Based on history?

Yes.

So based on that answer....maybe 50 yrs from now you'll see that this war was necessary? I think someday people will realize this.

No.

Based on this answer people 50 years from now will say the same thing about the Iraqi war.

Shortly after WWII no one was questioning it validity. Especially after the Death Camps were liberated. Even some Germans were "shocked".

Actually, that's what i meant, that people would know the Iraqi war was necessary.

I visited one of those "death camps" in Germany about 2 yrs ago....very creepy and sobering!

The Iraq war was a crime.

Simple as that.

AND YOU ARE A TERRORIST AS WELL AS A COMPLETE CERTIFIED IDIOT!

Did you think that "Desert Storm" was a "crime?
Vietnam a crime? Korea a Crime? WWII, WWI, Civil War??
ALL CRIMES?
BECAUSE the Liberation of IRAQ was started by Saddam when HE INVADED Kuwait.
He then signed the 1991 CEASE FIRE.

DID THAT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU??

WHEN he paid $25,000 to suicide families for bombings, when he IGNORED 13 UN resolutions to STOP production of WMDs, When He murdered 50,000 Kurds, 300,000 graves found.. HE BROKE THE 1991 CEASE FIRE ..

WHICH YOU IDIOT MEANT that "DESERT STORM" continued.. I.E. NO MORE CEASE FIRE!!!!

You're a very silly person.

So Desert Storm was silly? Vietnam silly? Korea silly? WWII,WWI silly?

Just when would you have some GUTS to back up what you say, i.e. that you want people to enjoy "freedom" as you do or are you one of those egalitarians who think "Freedom" is only for the "intelligentsia"? OR you are smart then the Plebians and the peasants should be serfs?

DO YOU have any idea of what the above wars were fought AND Americans lives lost or do you simply believe what your pogram leaders brainwash into thinking?

again, you danced over the fact that Democrats were calling for Saddam's ouster all the way back to the 1990's.

And, yeah, I'd call into question the patriotism of anyone who would defend Saddam, a man who was responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of people. Also, their decency and common sense.

But the Democrats were being purely cynical. They voted for the war because of the polls, not the intelligence.

I didn't dance around anything. Anyone with even the most rudimentary spook smarts knows that Saddam was helped into power by the CIA. And after that..had a long and curious relationship with the United States. He thought of himself as the new Saladin and admired Josef Stalin. So he went on hedging his bets between Superpowers and became a proxy and strawman for US politicians. Great to use as a force against states like Iran. And great to shake a fist at when you needed a bad guy.

In any case..I think most people thought Iraq was going to be like Panama. And they weren't:
A. Listening.
B. Recognizing that George W. was no George HW.

Well, a couple things on that.

In this very thread, you said you thought Gulf War I was wrong, too. Since Gulf War I didn't resolve the problem (They didn't occupy Iraq, hoping the Iraqi military would take care of Saddam for them), it would seem doing that again wasn't the answer, was it? Saddam remained a thorne in our side for 12 years.

Personally, I think we need to end all involvement in the ME. Including propping up Israel. If we keep sticking our hands in the hornet's nest, we should expect to get stung, especially by the bigger meaner hornets we were feeding (Saddam and Bin laden).

But please don't make this a partisan issue. Our middle east policy is based on 1) Keeping the place safe for the oil companies and 2) blind, mindless support for Zionism.

And there isn't an inch of daylight between the two parties on that position.

SO YOU ARE JEW hater!
Thought so! It is OK for PLO to use suicide babies in carriages to destroy Jewish settlements BUT it is NOT OK for Jews to live on the LAND that was THEIRS from Biblical TIMES!
I mean if there ever was a right to a people displaced over the centuries to come back to the LAND that was taken from them by Babylonians, by Persians, By Greeks, By Romans, by Turks... my goodness the JEWS have a right!

BUT not according to YOU!
YOU believe in the Hamas Charter of Allah: The Platform of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas)
"For our struggle against the Jews is extremely wide-ranging and grave, so much so that it will need all the loyal efforts we can wield..
The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! ..

Over 12,000 Kassam (Qassam) Rockets have been fired into southern Israel in the last 8 years, deliberately targeting Israeli civilians, causing chaos, destruction and death. An entire generation of children has been traumatized by the terror of ongoing rocket attacks. Israeli cities such as Sderot and Ashkelon continue to be in real danger.
As Hamas' Kassam Rocket stockpiles continue to increase, this is a war on terror that needs your support.
With only 15 seconds to find cover, lives are in jeopardy. Israel desperately needs more bomb shelters to protect its citizens.
War and Peace Art | Qassam Rockets | Buy a Hand Sculpted Rose

BUT that's OK for you BECAUSE YOU ARE A JEW HATER!!!!

Simple as that.

Only simple to simple minds.

"The Democrats who voted to support the war and rationalized for it by making false claims about Iraq's WMD programs are responsible for allowing the Bush administration to get away with lying about Iraq's alleged threat. For example, Bush correctly noted how "more than a hundred Democrats in the House and the Senate - who had access to the same intelligence - voted to support removing Saddam Hussein from power." In a speech attacking anti-war activists, Bush noted, "Many of these critics supported my opponent [Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry] during the last election, who explained his position to support the resolution in the Congress this way: 'When I vote to give the President of the United States the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein, it is because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a threat and a grave threat, to our security.'"

Iraq: The Democrats' War

SO YOU ARE JEW hater!
Thought so! It is OK for PLO to use suicide babies in carriages to destroy Jewish settlements BUT it is NOT OK for Jews to live on the LAND that was THEIRS from Biblical TIMES!
I mean if there ever was a right to a people displaced over the centuries to come back to the LAND that was taken from them by Babylonians, by Persians, By Greeks, By Romans, by Turks... my goodness the JEWS have a right!

YOU believe in the Hamas Charter of Allah: The Platform of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas)
"For our struggle against the Jews is extremely wide-ranging and grave, so much so that it will need all the loyal efforts we can wield..
The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! ..

Over 12,000 Kassam (Qassam) Rockets have been fired into southern Israel in the last 8 years, deliberately targeting Israeli civilians, causing chaos, destruction and death. An entire generation of children has been traumatized by the terror of ongoing rocket attacks. Israeli cities such as Sderot and Ashkelon continue to be in real danger.
As Hamas' Kassam Rocket stockpiles continue to increase, this is a war on terror that needs your support.
With only 15 seconds to find cover, lives are in jeopardy. Israel desperately needs more bomb shelters to protect its citizens.

Um, guy, if I moved into a place where my neighbors hated me so much they were strapping bombs onto their kids in attempts to kill me-

I wouldn't want to live there. I'd move out as soon as I possibly could.

And I certainly wouldn't insist on staying because 2000 years ago, supposedly a Sky Pixie told my ancestors the land was theirs.

But, nope, the Zionists are going to insist on living there, and we have to subsidize it. And fight the occassional war against whoever they feel threatened by. Because, honestly, that makes perfectly good sense.

SO YOU ARE JEW hater!

Um, guy, if I moved into a place where my neighbors hated me so much they were strapping bombs onto their kids in attempts to kill me-

I wouldn't want to live there. I'd move out as soon as I possibly could.

And I certainly wouldn't insist on staying because 2000 years ago, supposedly a Sky Pixie told my ancestors the land was theirs.

But, nope, the Zionists are going to insist on living there, and we have to subsidize it. And fight the occassional war against whoever they feel threatened by. Because, honestly, that makes perfectly good sense.

OH so IT's OK in YOUR EXTREMELY WARPED sense of behavior for ONE group of people to strap bombs on little kids and blow up a group of people THAT HAVE NEVER as the PLO/IRAN/ and THEIR RELIGION calls for .the entire destruction of a group of people!

THAT's OK with YOU?

YOU know YOU SOUND JUST LIKE HITLER!

ARe you a skin-head Nazi fan??

DO YOU BELIEVE THIS::: IS THIS YOUR BASIS for being a JEW HATER???

ere is an example of Hitler's anti-Semitic racism from a speech given in Munich in July 1922: "His{Jews] is no master people; he [Jews] is an exploiter: the Jews are a people of robbers. He has never founded any civilization, though he has destroyed civilizations by the hundred...everything he has stolen. Foreign people, foreign workmen build him his temples, it is foreigners who create and work for him, it is foreigners who shed their blood for him."

Read more:
Why did Hitler and the Nazis hate the Jews

YOU BELIEVE THAT HITLER speech???

Yep Germany was invading other countrys and such.
Iraq was not involved with AQ or 9-11.

WW2 was a response, Iraq was a preemptive invasion. the new Bush Doctrine.
Anyone who tries to equate Iraq to WW2 is an idiot.

Following that logic the first Iraq war was justified?

Yes, but it was for oil.
As was said at the time we would not have pulled them out if they produced Brocolli instead of oil.

We also did not go for occupation and nation building in Iraq in that one.

Of course by the same token we officially ignored Iraq using WMD's in their squabble with Iran.

OF COURSE it was for f..king OIL!!!

THE world runs on OIL! Dumb f..k!
AND all your "greenie' electric power STILL will need OIL to lubricate those windmills!

BUT because dumb sh..ts like YOU who can't even tell the difference between shipping 1 million barrels per day in a tanker (DOES EXXON VALDEZ ring a bell) and a safe pipeline that at the most 325 barrels would spill in one mile of pipe.. THE USA has to help insure OIL supplies!

SO YES you dumb sh..t... in 1991 the importation of OIL by the USA was just coming down AFTER the Carter debacle in the 70s when Iran stopped shipping OIL to the USA!

YOU dumb sh..tss look at what's happening today!
AGAIN idiots trying to manipulate VIA EPA regulations CAUSED the St. Croix refinery to start shutting down removing 450,000 barrels a DAY from refining and out of the USA supply..

HENCE $4.00/$5.00 GAS!

ALL because the refinery owners said "Sh..t... we can't make any money anymore cause the cost of meeting these totally stupid NEW EPA rules makes this refinery
unprofitable to run! CLOSE IT DOWN!!!"

SO until the USA gets oil independence IT WILL BE OVER OIL!!!

So based on that answer....maybe 50 yrs from now you'll see that this war was necessary? I think someday people will realize this.

No.

Based on this answer people 50 years from now will say the same thing about the Iraqi war.

Shortly after WWII no one was questioning it validity. Especially after the Death Camps were liberated. Even some Germans were "shocked".

Actually, that's what i meant, that people would know the Iraqi war was necessary.

I visited one of those "death camps" in Germany about 2 yrs ago....very creepy and sobering!

Nice Avi...................

Let me add to it.....................

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture4328-lb0224cd20120223092727.jpg

OH so IT's OK in YOUR EXTREMELY WARPED sense of behavior for ONE group of people to strap bombs on little kids and blow up a group of people THAT HAVE NEVER as the PLO/IRAN/ and THEIR RELIGION calls for .the entire destruction of a group of people!

THAT's OK with YOU?

Wow, do you like have no reading comprehension skills. Never talked about Hilter or the Jews.

Just because I don't want to get in the middle of their silly fights, doesn't mean I hate them. The PLO attack the Zionists because the Zionists stole their land, and we'd do the same thing if space aliens landed and took over a big chunk of our country. Hell, you rightwingers go absolutely batshit when a Mexican family moves in down the street.

This is a stupid thing to fight over. As for crazy religions that advocate killing babies... we have this Gem.

"Happy is he who smashes thy little one's heads against the Rocks"-

Except that shit doesn't come from the Koran, it comes from the Bible.

I have no desire to see America dragged into war after war bcause the Zionists want to play, "But my Sky PIxie loves me very bestest in the whole world". If they want to kill each other over religion, I just don't see where that's my problem.

You, of course, are welcome to renounce your citizenship and join the Israeli military.

THAT's OK with YOU?

Wow, do you like have no reading comprehension skills. Never talked about Hilter or the Jews.

Just because I don't want to get in the middle of their silly fights, doesn't mean I hate them. The PLO attack the Zionists because the Zionists stole their land, and we'd do the same thing if space aliens landed and took over a big chunk of our country. Hell, you rightwingers go absolutely batshit when a Mexican family moves in down the street.

This is a stupid thing to fight over. As for crazy religions that advocate killing babies... we have this Gem.

"Happy is he who smashes thy little one's heads against the Rocks"-

Except that shit doesn't come from the Koran, it comes from the Bible.

I have no desire to see America dragged into war after war bcause the Zionists want to play, "But my Sky PIxie loves me very bestest in the whole world". If they want to kill each other over religion, I just don't see where that's my problem.

You, of course, are welcome to renounce your citizenship and join the Israeli military.

Would you mind giving me the scripture that states that?

Psalms 137:9

Oh, but I'm sure I'll get the tired line about "context".

Isn't that because you have taken it out of context?

Psalm 137
1 By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept
when we remembered Zion.
2 There on the poplars
we hung our harps,
3 for there our captors asked us for songs,
our tormentors demanded songs of joy;
they said, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”
4 How can we sing the songs of the LORD
while in a foreign land?
5 If I forget you, Jerusalem,
may my right hand forget its skill.
6 May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth
if I do not remember you,
if I do not consider Jerusalem
my highest joy.

7 Remember, LORD, what the Edomites did
on the day Jerusalem fell.
“Tear it down,” they cried,
“tear it down to its foundations!”
8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is the one who repays you
according to what you have done to us.
9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

It is speaking about murderers being happy they are murdering children. It sure as hell is not advocating killing babies.

You did take the verse out of context therefore you should expect to get that "tired line" about taking it out of context.

Immie

Guy, I would say that if you are expressing the desire to see someone smash in the heads of the babies of people you don't like, that's just sick no matter what context you put it in.

"Context" is not trying to bury it in the words around it. The words around it don't excuse it. The Babylonians were actually pretty reasonable to Judah. A lot more reasonable than the Judeans were to let's say, the Amakelites, whom they slaughtered to the last man a couple of times in the bible.

Simple as that.

Only simple to simple minds.

"The Democrats who voted to support the war and rationalized for it by making false claims about Iraq's WMD programs are responsible for allowing the Bush administration to get away with lying about Iraq's alleged threat. For example, Bush correctly noted how "more than a hundred Democrats in the House and the Senate - who had access to the same intelligence - voted to support removing Saddam Hussein from power." In a speech attacking anti-war activists, Bush noted, "Many of these critics supported my opponent [Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry] during the last election, who explained his position to support the resolution in the Congress this way: 'When I vote to give the President of the United States the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein, it is because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a threat and a grave threat, to our security.'"

Iraq: The Democrats' War

AND did YOU EVER READ BUSH's speech?
The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 Public law 105-338 expressed the sense of congress
it should be policy to support efforts to remove from power the current Iraqi regime.
The Act found that Iraq had between 1980 and 1998 (1) committed various and significant violations of International Law, (2) had failed to comply with the obligations to which it had agreed to following the Gulf War and (3) further had ignored Resolutions of the United Nations Security Council. The Act declared that it was the Policy of the United States to support "regime change." The Act was passed 360-38 in the U.S. House of Representatives[2] and by unanimous consent in the Senate.[3] US President Bill Clinton signed the bill into law on October 31, 1998.

"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs" Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDS.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001
"Saddam has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMDs and the means to deliver.." Levin 2002
"Iraq's search for WMDs ...will continue as long as Saddam's in power"..Gore 2002
"Saddam retains stockpiles of WMDS.."Byrd 2002
"..give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because an arsenal of WMDs..threat our security"
..Kerry 2002
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime .... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003.

"Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent.
Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike?

If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words, and all recriminations would come too late. Trusting in the sanity and restraint of Saddam Hussein is not a strategy, and it is not an option."

MY POINT IS YOU are so willing to ASSESS BLAME to Bush when all BUSH DID WAS LISTEN to the SAME PEOPLE THAT THE ABOVE DEMOCRATS LISTENED Too!

AND Naturally someone AS SMART AS YOU knew all of this before hand didn't you?

WELL YOU KNOW ......If you KNEW THIS YOU are just as much to blame!
IF YOU HAD SO MUCH knowledge about SADDAM's WMDs incapability WHERE WERE YOU???
NO... total IDIOTS like you have GREAT 20/20 HINDSIGHT!!

GUTLESS ..

Guy, I would say that if you are expressing the desire to see someone smash in the heads of the babies of people you don't like, that's just sick no matter what context you put it in.

"Context" is not trying to bury it in the words around it. The words around it don't excuse it. The Babylonians were actually pretty reasonable to Judah. A lot more reasonable than the Judeans were to let's say, the Amakelites, whom they slaughtered to the last man a couple of times in the bible.

Maybe you ought to actually read the Psalm? No where does it express such a desire.

It was not advocating child killing. Read it and then admit that you took it out of context.

Immie

YOU IDIOTS that AFTER the FACT KNEW so much about Iraq and it's WMDs...WHERE WERE YOU BEFORE???

IF YOU KNEW so MUCH why didn't you tell Bush et.al. the intelligence people Tell your senators/ those people that could have done something???

WHERE WERE YOU people with ALL THAT FORESIGHT?
ALL that KNOWLEDGE that BUSH evidently with all the powers of the President COULDN'T FIND??
Where were you in helping Sandy Berger of Clinton administration when he said:
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998

I MEAN IT! YOU are even more dangerous if YOU knew this and you with held the information from
Berger of the Clinton administration THAT provided the information which Bush administration ACTED ON!

REALLY YOU OMNISCIENT folks that KNEW WMDs didn't EXIST... I think you are so full of Sh..T!

YOU were like 90% of Americans fearful another shoe would drop... another WTC would fall!
WHERE were you cowering under your desks when ANTHRAX attacks occurred?

I mean you are all GUTLESS when YOU say YOU KNEW THERE WERE NO WMDs...
WHERE WERE YOU THEN???

Maybe you ought to actually read the Psalm? No where does it express such a desire.

It was not advocating child killing. Read it and then admit that you took it out of context.

Immie

It does, and it's rather sick. It's hoping you get yours. It's realy a rather nasty piece of work, but the bible is full of this kind of nastiness.

Forum List

Back