Thank God for the US Government... Once again

Hope nobody breaks one of the new CFL light bulbs... Once again the US government proves how imcompetent they are yet people still think that government is the answer...LOL

1 broken bulb pushes contamination to 300 times EPA limits

How does this prove the US government incompetent? Just wondering where you are going with this. I love slamming the government, myself, but I like to know why first.

my guess would be I have heard rumblings that some would like to pass laws requiring the use of said light bulbs over any other.

It is also another possible case of hypocricy on the part of the envrionmental nuts. How much would you like to bet the same people that insist we switch to these bulbs also insist we can't go nuclear?

Last edited:
How does this prove the US government incompetent? Just wondering where you are going with this. I love slamming the government, myself, but I like to know why first.

Just stating that Congress is forcing us to stop using incandescent's so we can use one that is "better for the environment", yet these new lightbulbs are in my opinion worse for the environment than the other ones...

Hope nobody breaks one of the new CFL light bulbs... Once again the US government proves how imcompetent they are yet people still think that government is the answer...LOL

1 broken bulb pushes contamination to 300 times EPA limits

Stupid people believe what they read on WorldNetDaily.

My advice to you, buy some duct tape and plastic sheeting and create a sealed room where you can hide safely from terrorsts and CFLs.

The cats broke one last night by knocking over a lamp. I just picked it up and tossed in the garbage can.....what every sane person who breaks one will probably do. And I will not get sick from Mercury poison nor will anyone else. when we were kids we use to break mercury thermometers and play with the mercury..... I'm still here 50 years later....

I just read the Snopes site, via Midcam. I'll say what someone else said a bit ago, I grew up with mercury thermometers. We broke them with regularity. My brother and I both thought the beads were cool and played with them, though our mom pitched a fit.

We're both over 50 and fine so far. I can't say I'm a fan of the CFC bulbs, but i'm using them.

With all of the trains, trucks, and automobiles - that travel though each of our cites each day, that carry hazardous materials, I am sure these little light bulbs are the very least thing we need to be worrying about.

:disbelief: What about all of those disposable diapers? :eusa_sick:

Eighty percent of the diaperings in this nation are done with disposables. That comes to 18 BILLION diapers a year. Each one has an outer layer of waterproof polypropylene and an inner layer of fluff made from wood pulp plus super-slurper sodium polyacrylate that can hold a hundred times its weight in water.

Those 18 billion diapers add up to 82,000 tons of plastic a year and 1.3 million tons of wood pulp -- 250,000 trees. After a few hours of active service these materials are trucked away, primarily to landfills, where they sit, neatly wrapped packages of excrement, entombed undegraded for several hundred years.
The Great Disposable Diaper Debate

I don't think we should be overly concerned about broken bulbs. I'm more concerned with the mercury that is in the fish that only allows me to eat 1 fish a year that I catch in the brook behind my house, that is the result of pollution being pumped into my neighborhood from local industries.

I doubt the mercury level in the fish can be directly connected to broken lightbulbs.

I don't think we should be overly concerned about broken bulbs. I'm more concerned with the mercury that is in the fish that only allows me to eat 1 fish a year that I catch in the brook behind my house, that is the result of pollution being pumped into my neighborhood from local industries.

I doubt the mercury level in the fish can be directly connected to broken lightbulbs.

It's directly connected to coal fired generation plants in the mid west if you're living in the NE.

Clear skies, my ass,

Stupid people believe what they read on WorldNetDaily.

My advice to you, buy some duct tape and plastic sheeting and create a sealed room where you can hide safely from terrorsts and CFLs.

Great post... Verey informative... thanks for you typical contribution...

And why shouldn't we question snopes...do some research and find out who the editors are. I've found quite a few things where snopes was lying or only telling partial truths.

Forum List

Back