Thank god for the army corps of engineers!

People kinda need to live in flood plains if you want to use the river for commerce and the alluvial soils for farmland. I wouldn't expect you to understand that though, don't bother your pretty little head with it.

I know farmers who live there. They know the risks. Deal with it.

Why don't you call them up and tell them to deal with it then. That's just what they need right now, a little snot who values nothing, to tell them to deal with it.

Funny thing is, that is what THEY are saying.

I know farmers who live there. They know the risks. Deal with it.

Why don't you call them up and tell them to deal with it then. That's just what they need right now, a little snot who values nothing, to tell them to deal with it.

Funny thing is, that is what THEY are saying.

Why would they say "
Why don't you call them up and tell them to deal with it then. That's just what they need right now, a little snot who values nothing, to tell them to deal with it." That doesn't even make sense.

Why should the citizens of Kansas pay to prevent flooding in another state? Let Louisiana pay for their flood projects.

Great idea!

Then the folks in Kansas can pay to export their grain via....well...OK, they can pay to send it over land.

And the folks in Kansas who need the oil from the gulf, or imported and refined there?

They can drive down and fill up themselves.

Why should the citizens of Kansas pay to prevent flooding in another state? Let Louisiana pay for their flood projects.

Great idea!

Then the folks in Kansas can pay to export their grain via....well...OK, they can pay to send it over land.

And the folks in Kansas who need the oil from the gulf, or imported and refined there?

Yeah, I tried that argument. The moron was unconvinced. Apparently the federal government is supposed to build roads in his state, but not flood ways in mine.

Great idea!

Yeah, I tried that argument. The moron was unconvinced. Apparently the federal government is supposed to build roads in his state, but not flood ways in mine.

He thinks Kansas is self sufficient. :lol::lol::lol:

With much reslect to you all I do both agree and disagree with both points.

I am a rail fan for continental shipping myself, still need the port to get it out to sea though. AND I am always complaining we need more exports.

If New Orleans metro could get its population down to about 25,000 folks the both port could operate and we would not have to support such a poor place to put ppl.

On a seperate note, I believe about half the dredging and channel maintenance costs should be added to the cost of barge traffic.

If New Orleans metro could get its population down to about 25,000 folks the both port could operate and we would not have to support such a poor place to put ppl.
You're an ignorant douchebag.

You're an asshole. And.... get some fucking rep before you neg people... otherwise you look ridiculous..... so you're actually a stupid asshole. :lol::lol:

Its not the 1st time I've neg repped you Cali, and it won't be the last.

The city of New Orleans is where it is for a reason... and it has been here for centuries. Hey, next time San Fran or LA gets shaken out of its boots.. I say let them lay in ruin... I mean hey, what idiot builds on a fault?

You're an ignorant douchebag.

What did I say? New Orleans is a miserable place geographically for large scale human settlement. Needs lots of welfare to keep its infrastructure in place.

I suspect it would be easier to transplant folks from there to my home town than to support the pump and levee system. It is 2011 not 1811. We no longer need to live right on the river. Painful lessons for those of us in mid missouri.

What part of my statement do you disagree with?

The city of New Orleans is where it is for a reason... and it has been here for centuries. Hey, next time San Fran or LA gets shaken out of its boots.. I say let them lay in ruin... I mean hey, what idiot builds on a fault?

I agree. Everyone knows the risks.

Valid and good point. Hmmmm, I am all for folks not attaching their homes to the side of cliffs and expecting me to pay when it rains...

This is a big country. Plenty of safe places to build.

How about the President calls the govenor of my Missouri and says "no federal dollars for flood relief, should have built up hill." Similar to Lousianna and earthquake prone parts of California.

It is probably beneficial for some farmers to use the low lands. No need to build New Town there. America is big and our property values are low enough

New Orleans is a miserable place geographically for large scale human settlement.

So is San Francisco and Miami. But turns out both are great places for ports.
I suspect it would be easier to transplant folks from there to my home town than to support the pump and levee system.
Yeah, problem is, none of us want to live in your shitty home town.

We definitely shouldn't let people live on the coast at all. There's hurricanes and tsunamis. We should move everyone off of fault lines as well, and anywhere that there are lots of tornados people shouldn't live either. So that leaves..... where exactly? I guess we're all moving to Colorado?

We definitely shouldn't let people live on the coast at all. There's hurricanes and tsunamis. We should move everyone off of fault lines as well, and anywhere that there are lots of tornados people shouldn't live either. So that leaves..... where exactly? I guess we're all moving to Colorado?

You gonna tell people where they can and can't live?

Who the fuck are you?

You gonna tell people where they can and can't live?

Who the fuck are you?

Dude - sarcasm? Perhaps you've heard of it?

I guess they can have snow blizzards and avalanches in Colorado, so I'm really not sure where we are supposed to live!

Forum List

Back