Thank god for the army corps of engineers!

You have proven nothing. You have no idea what is in someone else's head. They blew the levee up to keep Cairo happy and to keep from being called racists.

Sorry baby, but they blew it because that's been the plan for decades now. I feel really sorry for you.
You know nothing about this area and your little perch in BFE doesn't give you any specialized knowledge about this area.

LOL! Why do you think they call it the New Madrid FLOODway?

When the laws were written to allow this there were no 'communities' out there to be affected. These areas have become populated since the laws were written and the people there deserve consideration at least as much as Cairo did. .

There are still more people in Cairo. You can't justify flooding 2800 people to save 200, that makes no fucking sense unless of course you're a bigot - which you are. Apparenltly 200 whites are worth more than 2800 blacks to you. sorry you live in hatred. More sorry you actually think that wanting to save 2800 people's homes at the expense of 200 homes is "racist" in anyway, its simply math that you should have learned in 1st grade - 2800 > 200 ! DUH!!!!

I have a sneaking feeling that people are going to go to work to get some of these laws changed
Of course they will! Bigots will always fight to ensure that 1000 blacks get fucked before 1 white does, we know that! No need to remind us!

Dear, you have such a huge chip on your shoulder that you need to remove it or stay away from the flood waters, lest you drown from the weight of it.

They blew the levee up to keep Cairo happy and to keep from being called racists.

Race? This is geology, and physical geography.

Get a life.

Too bad you didn't read the post which quoted the racial part. There are many more online.

So? This is a simple problem of physics. Over the years, the river has not been allowed to naturally divert. If it randomly breaches, it will carve a new channel through who knows where.

When the Corps blew Bird's Point, water dropped at Paducah around a foot by the next morning. My county seat, Smithland, would have flooded -- the water crested just inches below the mile of sandbag wall they built.

I saw some pics by one of my FB friends and it looked like Smithland had already flooded. My folks old place is just outside the Paducah flood wall. That place, even in 1937, and subsequent years when they have installed the flood gates, has never gotten water in it. I remember once the water getting within a foot of the back steps, but never in the house.

When the Corps blew Bird's Point, water dropped at Paducah around a foot by the next morning. My county seat, Smithland, would have flooded -- the water crested just inches below the mile of sandbag wall they built.

I saw some pics by one of my FB friends and it looked like Smithland had already flooded. My folks old place is just outside the Paducah flood wall. That place, even in 1937, and subsequent years when they have installed the flood gates, has never gotten water in it. I remember once the water getting within a foot of the back steps, but never in the house.

Smithland had some flooding, but it was from sand boils, not a breach. If it was a breach, 75% of the town would have been wiped out, including the old courthouse built in 1845.

Interesting......The lib's did nothing but bash the Military berfore Bin Laden took a bullet to the brain.

The lib's did nothing but bash the ARMY C.O.E. after Katrina, but now all of a sudden they are hero's.

Interesting what goes on in the loony liberal mind, to be sure!

Last edited:
Yeah like less than 48 hours in advance. I realize a lot of people chose to stay who did have means to leave, but not everyone had the means to get out who wanted to get out.

nobussescopydq8.jpg

This, IMO, shows just how really concrete our government officials are. There can be a million different pockets of money, but you let one pocket run out, and there is NO getting anything from another pocket.

I have worked for state and federal governments for several years. It is just ludicrous. The one variable in the NOLA disaster is that no one anticipated the levees would break. And by the time they actually did, there were so many people who had gone feral they would never have gotten them out.

These disasters really should force our government to take a look at the number of people who are completely dependent on it for their existence. I did a fair amount of work in the projects in Nashville, and probably more than most, I understand why there is so much generational poverty. However, in all the projects there is an underground economy and the people who live there have far more money that just what they get from the government.

I have no doubt that NOLA is the same. But there were conscious decisions made to NOT leave by people who could have left. It is really hard to see them as victims. At least along the Mississippi, people did heed the warnings and get out.

Yeah like less than 48 hours in advance. I realize a lot of people chose to stay who did have means to leave, but not everyone had the means to get out who wanted to get out.

nobussescopydq8.jpg

This, IMO, shows just how really concrete our government officials are. There can be a million different pockets of money, but you let one pocket run out, and there is NO getting anything from another pocket.

I have worked for state and federal governments for several years. It is just ludicrous. The one variable in the NOLA disaster is that no one anticipated the levees would break. And by the time they actually did, there were so many people who had gone feral they would never have gotten them out.

These disasters really should force our government to take a look at the number of people who are completely dependent on it for their existence. I did a fair amount of work in the projects in Nashville, and probably more than most, I understand why there is so much generational poverty. However, in all the projects there is an underground economy and the people who live there have far more money that just what they get from the government.

I have no doubt that NOLA is the same. But there were conscious decisions made to NOT leave by people who could have left. It is really hard to see them as victims. At least along the Mississippi, people did heed the warnings and get out.
Indeed. The problem is those in generational poverty have been placed there and kept there deliberately in exchange for votes. They're promised just a little, but not enough to help them get out of their circumstance.

Interesting......The lib's did nothing but bash the Military berfore Bin Laden took a bullet to the brian.

The lib's did nothing but bash the ARMY C.O.E. after Katrina, but now all of a sudden they are hero's.

Ineteresing what goes on in the loony liberal mind, to be sure!

I bet if you think really hard you can figure that one out! :lol:

Indeed. The problem is those in generational poverty have been placed there and kept there deliberately in exchange for votes. They're promised just a little, but not enough to help them get out of their circumstance.

True. And the deck has been stacked in such a way that even the ones who want out can't get out just because they are there.

Interesting......The lib's did nothing but bash the Military berfore Bin Laden took a bullet to the brian.

Ineteresing what goes on in the loony liberal mind, to be sure!

I bet if you think really hard you can figure that one out! :lol:
Oh, it's easy to figure out.......But then, the liberal loons will just deny it.

Owning up to there abject hypocrisy is not their strong suit.

And that is why, you never trust what comes out of a loony liberals mouth.

True. And the deck has been stacked in such a way that even the ones who want out can't get out just because they are there.

Yup.

The people who set up that system may say they care about helping people, but they're lying.

You have proven nothing. You have no idea what is in someone else's head. They blew the levee up to keep Cairo happy and to keep from being called racists.

Sorry baby, but they blew it because that's been the plan for decades now. I feel really sorry for you.

LOL! Why do you think they call it the New Madrid FLOODway?

There are still more people in Cairo. You can't justify flooding 2800 people to save 200, that makes no fucking sense unless of course you're a bigot - which you are. Apparenltly 200 whites are worth more than 2800 blacks to you. sorry you live in hatred. More sorry you actually think that wanting to save 2800 people's homes at the expense of 200 homes is "racist" in anyway, its simply math that you should have learned in 1st grade - 2800 > 200 ! DUH!!!!

I have a sneaking feeling that people are going to go to work to get some of these laws changed
Of course they will! Bigots will always fight to ensure that 1000 blacks get fucked before 1 white does, we know that! No need to remind us!

Dear, you have such a huge chip on your shoulder that you need to remove it or stay away from the flood waters, lest you drown from the weight of it.

Here's an idea - don't live in a designated floodway if you don't want the ACE to intentionally flood you.

Interesting......The lib's did nothing but bash the Military berfore Bin Laden took a bullet to the brain.

That's not even true. I could similarly make stuff up out of my ass like "The Republicans do nothing but eat puppies", and I could say it and use it in an argument - but its not true. I have a friend who is a raving liberal and he did two tours with the Marines in Iraq. My grandfather is a raving liberal and he retired a Lt. Colonel from the Army. So go fuck yourself a-hole.

Yes. They are redeeming themselves. Do you have a problem with that? would you prefer they always failed?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back