Thank God for Rich People

You are not talking adultly , you are spewing right wing hack bullshit non stop.

Blah Blah Blah. Are you even capable of responding to something in more than 1-2 sentances? Or is that how limited your thought process is.

My thoughts are mine alone. Playing the hack card is the call sign of a person who couldnt debate thier way out of a cardboard box.

Which basically points out that concentrating wealth into few hands translates to revolutions which don't necessarily lead to good outcomes.

Revolutions are also about power. While as, wrycatcher points out, power and wealth often go hand in hand, our system, despite what those on the left say, seperate the two far better than other systems. The fatal flaw of communism was that it concentrated power far too much in a single entity, the party (and through them the government.) Even if the intentions were noble all it takes is a group of people or one person(stalin) to corrupt the system to a point where, as I stated above, you replace one nobility with another.

No they ain't.

They're about desperation.

Get a fucking clue.

Everything is about power. Look into George Orwell's description of the goverment in 1984 and you get an idea of how I see the power structure of the world works.

Revolutions may be fueled by desparation, by a class of people being not able to take it any more, but they are led by those who want to supplant those in power with themselves.

In the American revoltuion the colonists wanted the power of the Crown

In the French Revolution the petty bougouis and the proletariat wanted the power of the nobility

In the American Civil war (or southern revolution) the planter class wanted the power of the federal government

In the Russian revolution the bolsheviks (mostly middle class) wanted the power of the Czar.

Revolutions are also about power. While as, wrycatcher points out, power and wealth often go hand in hand, our system, despite what those on the left say, seperate the two far better than other systems. The fatal flaw of communism was that it concentrated power far too much in a single entity, the party (and through them the government.) Even if the intentions were noble all it takes is a group of people or one person(stalin) to corrupt the system to a point where, as I stated above, you replace one nobility with another.

No they ain't.

Get a fucking clue.

Everything is about power. Look into George Orwell's description of the goverment in 1984 and you get an idea of how I see the power structure of the world works.

Revolutions may be fueled by desparation, by a class of people being not able to take it any more, but they are led by those who want to supplant those in power with themselves.

In the French Revolution the petty bougouis and the proletariat wanted the power of the nobility

In the American Civil war (or southern revolution) the planter class wanted the power of the federal government

In the Russian revolution the bolsheviks (mostly middle class) wanted the power of the Czar.

Man..sometimes nutshelling leaves out alot. And your "nutshelling" is wrong here in several cases.

But I will nutshell things here..because I pretty much think there's no need for several pages when root cause will suffice.

People mainly want enough to eat...a warm place to sleep..and to raise their families in peace.

Take any of that away..and you have problems.

No they ain't.

Get a fucking clue.

Man..sometimes nutshelling leaves out alot. And your "nutshelling" is wrong here in several cases.

But I will nutshell things here..because I pretty much think there's no need for several pages when root cause will suffice.

People mainly want enough to eat...a warm place to sleep..and to raise their families in peace.

And again, that is the fuel of some revolutions, but not the driving force. Look at the american revolution, most people in that case had the three items you listed. The complaints were more political than an empty stomach. Also most of the revolutions that are caused by the base reasons you describe fail miserably, due to lack of leadership. Sucessful revolutions start with oppression, but suceed due to the efforts of those just below the ruling class, whose goal is to use the masses to take over power.

And again, that is the fuel of some revolutions, but not the driving force. Look at the american revolution, most people in that case had the three items you listed. The complaints were more political than an empty stomach. Also most of the revolutions that are caused by the base reasons you describe fail miserably, due to lack of leadership. Sucessful revolutions start with oppression, but suceed due to the efforts of those just below the ruling class, whose goal is to use the masses to take over power.

No they didn't. It was being taken away from them. You have no idea how miserable the conditions were under the crown. People were dying in droves..mainly from contaminated water. They didn't have the resources to take care of that either.

Americans wanted to control their own fates..not have what they produced taken away by a foreign power.

And I am not posting that "all" revolutions take place from the conditions I described. Some are political. Like the return of the Shah to Iran..or Pinochet in Chile. Not popular..political.

No they didn't. It was being taken away from them. You have no idea how miserable the conditions were under the crown. People were dying in droves..mainly from contaminated water. They didn't have the resources to take care of that either.

Americans wanted to control their own fates..not have what they produced taken away by a foreign power.

And I am not posting that "all" revolutions take place from the conditions I described. Some are political. Like the return of the Shah to Iran..or Pinochet in Chile. Not popular..political.

Back in the 1700's EVERYONE was dying from contaminated water. I dont see how this connects to the american revolution. You could be living in a workers paradise in 1780 and you would still be dying of cholera because they didnt yet fully understand how diseases spread.

It wasnt a lack of resources it was a lack of technology. For your other points I agree with them.

Which basically points out that concentrating wealth into few hands translates to revolutions which don't necessarily lead to good outcomes.

So what's your answer? Relieve the tax burden on the wealthy and shift it downstream to working people?

What sense does that make?

well, 43% of folks here don't pay net federal taxes and 20% of them get money BACK, or that is, money is sent to them that they did not pay into the the fed coffers, in addition to the other transfer payments that occur, safety net goods and services etc. The top 20% pay 95% of the taxes.....so? if we are going to give the "middle class" relief, why not the others at the top?

Last edited:

So what's your answer? Relieve the tax burden on the wealthy and shift it downstream to working people?

What sense does that make?

well, 43% of folks here don't pay net federal taxes and 20% of them get money BACK, or that is, money is sent to them that they did not pay into the the fed coffers, in addition to the other transfer payments that occur, safety net goods and services etc. The top 20% pay 95% of the taxes.....so? if we are going to give the "middle class" relief, why not the others at the top?

please trajan, for the love of God, stop spreading this falsity!

your mistake of saying these people do not pay federal taxes.....that is simply not true. Federal taxes include social security taxes, medicare taxes, cigarette taxes, corporate income taxes, individual income taxes, gas taxes and other menial taxes that add to the federal tax coffer revenues.

if you had said that these people do not pay income taxes, that could be correct....but NOT what you said about federal taxes....they pay plenty in the other taxes imposed on them by the federal gvt...

Who would jesus whip?

The money changers

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

– Matthew 21:12-13

300px-CastingoutMoneyChangers.jpg

BUT they were the rich.

Shouldnt he have whipped the poor for being so lazy?
Are you serious? They were just guys living on the margin making a living. Guys who raised doves and lived on the arbitrage between temple money and Roman coinage.

He had quite a few words on folks who wasted their gifts.

13 “Therefore stay alert, because you do not know the day or the hour. 14 For it is like a man going on a journey, who summoned his slaves and entrusted his property to them. 15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The one who had received five talents went off right away and put his money to work270 and gained five more. 17 In the same way, the one who had two gained two more. 18 But the one who had received one talent went out and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money in it. 19 After a long time, the master of those slaves came and settled his accounts with them. 20 The one who had received the five talents came and brought five more, saying, ‘Sir, you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.’ 21 His master answered, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You have been faithful in a few things. I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 The one with the two talents also came and said, ‘Sir, you entrusted two talents to me. See, I have gained two more.’ 23 His master answered, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You have been faithful with a few things. I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 Then the one who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Sir, I knew that you were a hard man, harvesting where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not scatter seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered, ‘Evil and lazy slave! So you knew that I harvest where I didn’t sow and gather where I didn’t scatter? 27 Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers, and on my return I would have received my money back with interest! 28 Therefore take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten. 29 For the one who has will be given more, and he will have more than enough. But the one who does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 30 And throw that worthless slave into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth’

This should worry you.

Forum List

Back