Thank God for Global Warming

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
upload_2020-1-13_9-50-30.png

Loving the warmth this January.
Only an uneducated moron would claim the climate is optimum and should never change. Cold is the cause of most weather related deaths.

This is a convection map ... shows where the air is marginally colder above than below (with respect to equilibrium) ... usually, water is considered the cause of most weather related deaths ...

But yeah ... warmer is better for almost all life ... plus this whole wetter thing is great for plants ... "We stand at the dawn of a New Golden Age of human existence ..."

View attachment 299975
Only an uneducated moron would claim the climate is optimum and should never change. Cold is the cause of most weather related deaths.
I got to play golf in my shirtsleeves yesterday so I'm not complaining about a warm January. Of course I don't live in Australia where the combo of heat and drought is proving catastrophic.

View attachment 299975
I got to play golf in my shirtsleeves yesterday so I'm not complaining about a warm January. Of course I don't live in Australia where the combo of heat and drought is proving catastrophic.
And the +100 arsonists arrested so far.

View attachment 299975
Not to mention 40 years of forestry mismanagement allowing the burn load to get so big that when it took off their was no stopping the resulting crown fire..

View attachment 299975
Not to mention 40 years of forestry mismanagement allowing the burn load to get so big that when it took off their was no stopping the resulting crown fire..
Yep. I remember controlled burns all of the time in our area of California. Then about 20 years ago they stopped.

View attachment 299975
Yep. I remember controlled burns all of the time in our area of California. Then about 20 years ago they stopped.
Yep... The clean air act in 1993 stopped all of that until 3 years ago when the rule was removed so our forestry folks could actually manage them. Here where I live they allow the public to remove fallen trees for fire wood and in just the last three years its reduced the fire danger by 70%.

They now allow selective cutting and removal in sections and they control burn them the next year. Food and cover for animals along with killing pests and helping the tree germination process.. Lodge pole pine need fire to release its seeds from the cone and start the renewal process..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back