“Thank God for Dead Soldiers.” Free Speech?

It probably will be seen as free speech, but these people are worse than crazy. Considering how many people from the colonists to today have served in the military and the number of those who died for this country have damned well earned the right to be respected. Unfortunately, there are way too many ingrates in this country.

Do you see it as a free speech issue? If not, then what?

It probably will be seen as free speech, but these people are worse than crazy. Considering how many people from the colonists to today have served in the military and the number of those who died for this country have damned well earned the right to be respected. Unfortunately, there are way too many ingrates in this country.

You got that right.

If this was a war they "approved" of they would be out there showing respect.

Unfortunately some in this country see the military as the enemy not those that send the military. Its much easier to show up at someones funeral and show disrespect to a soldier who died while carring out his orders than to actually go to DC and go after those that sent out the orders.

Some people really do suck.

To defend only the Speech you accept is to reject the Constitution.

Claudette is an idiot. She injects some idiocy about the nuts who view the military as the enemy. :evil:

It's an interesting question.

As I recall, part of Hustler's defense was that their cartoon was clearly a joke to hold Falwell up to ridicule. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't see how "God hates you" and "Thank God for dead soldiers" could be interpreted as a joke.

Somewhat different issue, so I wouldn't be surprised if this prompts a split decision from the SCOTUS.

What? Did anyone say this was about a joke? Each defense has it's own merits or lack of...but free speech is the issue.

Well, in such cases as this, I would have to say that it is their right to be so wrong. And it would be my right to go to jail for busting one of their noses.

thank you.:clap2:

this is where I have always stood. but it is nuance like this that all sides of any given argument will berate.

It is not hypocritical to defend the rights of nitwits and haters while subjecting them to civil protest in the form of street justice.

:cool:
dD

I keep hoping that these assholes show up at a funeral where my post is doing a ceremony. And my wife keeps praying that they don't. She really doesn't want to have to come post my bail.

Freedom of speech? Yes.

And I'll use my freedom of expression..........

I keep hoping that these assholes show up at a funeral where my post is doing a ceremony. And my wife keeps praying that they don't. She really doesn't want to have to come post my bail.

Freedom of speech? Yes.

And I'll use my freedom of expression..........

I had to be restrained once or twice at demonstrations where somebody was totally out of line. Usually I can ignore anything, but certain hateful things strike a chord.

carry on

ps, please post picts if it happens.

:eusa_whistle:

As I recall, part of Hustler's defense was that their cartoon was clearly a joke to hold Falwell up to ridicule. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't see how "God hates you" and "Thank God for dead soldiers" could be interpreted as a joke.

Somewhat different issue, so I wouldn't be surprised if this prompts a split decision from the SCOTUS.

What? Did anyone say this was about a joke? Each defense has it's own merits or lack of...but free speech is the issue.

It wasn't that tough a point to understand.

This is one time I am pleased that we have not yet enacted tort reform wherein the loser pays. Phelps Church of Dingbats is paying sleazeball lawyers to defend its rotten ass.

It wasn't that tough a point to understand.

for some people around here, It evidently is.

Patriot Guard Riders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These guys are awesome. A few of my biker friends do this.

my hat is off to these guys.

tell your friends they got the support of liberals and everyone else in America who has an ounce of decency and respect for honor, duty and country.

Oh, don't worry, they know. They're not a partisan organization. My friend Paul is about as liberal as they come, and he's been riding with them since they started. He's also a Hells Angel.

Patriot Guard Riders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These guys are awesome. A few of my biker friends do this.

my hat is off to these guys.

tell your friends they got the support of liberals and everyone else in America who has an ounce of decency and respect for honor, duty and country.

Oh, don't worry, they know. They're not a partisan organization. My friend Paul is about as liberal as they come, and he's been riding with them since they started. He's also a Hells Angel.

I know, but it always good to get feed back.

:cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back