Thank God For Bush's Preimptive Actions

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Thanks to his actions and moral clarity, we have school children that are safer...

If moron libs had their way, Saddam's control of Iraq would still be in power, and our kids would've been in more danger if not dead..

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/10/7/225936.shtml

WASHINGTON - Federal law enforcement authorities notified six school districts in five states last month that a CD found by the U.S. military in Iraq contained crisis-planning information about their schools, two U.S. officials said Thursday.

The downloaded information found in Iraq in July - all publicly available on the Internet - included an Education Department report guiding schools on how to prepare and respond to a crisis, said one official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

In particular, schools were told to watch for activities that may be legitimate on their own - but may suggest a threat if many of them occur.

Among those activities:

- Interest in obtaining site plans for schools, bus routes and attendance lists.

- Prolonged "static surveillance" by people disguised as panhandlers, shoe shiners, newspaper or flower vendors or street sweepers not previously seen in the area.

- Observations of security drills.

- People staring at or quickly looking away from employees or vehicles as they enter or leave parking areas.

- Foot surveillance of campuses involving individuals working together.

The effort is the latest by the Education Department and other federal agencies to encourage school officials to maintain and practice a plan for responding to emergencies.

"It's a positive sign that they're finally discussing this after years of downplaying or denying even the possibility of a terrorist strike on schools," said Kenneth Trump, a Cleveland-based school safety consultant who has worked with officials in more than 40 states. "Public officials are in fear of creating fear, but we have to put the cards on the table, educate people in the school community and make sure they are well prepared."

After the terrorist takeover of the Russian school, President Bush asked his top advisers to review their strategies for dealing with hostage situations, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge has said.

while i'm sure it would be nice to tie this particular incident to terrorism support by hussein, I think it would be safer to assume that had these plans not turned up in Iraq, now that husseins out of power, they would have been somewhere else. Probably afghanistan or pakistan. Iran maybe?

DKSuddeth said:
while i'm sure it would be nice to tie this particular incident to terrorism support by hussein, I think it would be safer to assume that had these plans not turned up in Iraq, now that husseins out of power, they would have been somewhere else. Probably afghanistan or pakistan. Iran maybe?

...or not turned up at all. I believe the point he's making shows while Saddam likely did NOT have sleep-overs and keggers with "The List", his administration allowed for ties to terrorism-as-a-means-for-political-difference-solving.

And stuff.

More on the disks:

"The material included exit strategies, school codes of conduct, and information on creating a learning environment, officials said.

and..

The Homeland Security official said the material was associated with a specific individual in Iraq, and it could not be established that this man had any ties to terrorism. He did have a connection to civic groups doing planning for schools in Iraq, the official said."

So the guy with the disks isn't a terrosist, but has connections to civic groups doing planning for Iraqi schools.

"Our children would be dead" if "moron liberals had their way" doesn't really follow from this information.

MJDuncan1982 said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134961,00.html

Not connected to terrorism apparently. Good thing.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/25851.htm

"The Connection" lives up to its title in exploring Saddam's support for and sheltering of one of the perpetrators of the first World Trade Center bombing, as well as extensive meetings between various Iraqi intelligence officials and bin Laden over the years. Also covered in depth is top Qaeda terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who has operated in Iraq since before the war, and is likely behind yesterday's deadly bombing at a military recruiting station.

Hayes even presents evidence of an agreement for Iraq to aid al Qaeda in developing WMDs. The danger is obvious: Stockpiles or no, no one disputes Saddam's WMD know-how.

With heaps of evidence documenting at least a substantial relationship, the question becomes: What more do the media need, a photograph of a Saddam-bin Laden tea party?

MJDuncan1982 said:
Huh? I was saying the school disks weren't connected to terrorism, not commenting on Saddam's general ties to terrorism.

Yeh an unidentified Iraqi Baath party man was doing innocent research on American schools for his home study course on US education resources.

What do you think would happen if our government announced proudly that an Iraqi man associated with the Sadaam Baath party was scoping out American schools for another Chechnian group of suicide terrorist bombers?

You don't think that there would be a real panic in the good ole USA????

Your probably right, our government wouldn't lie to their constituents, the America people in order to keep from alerting us to a real threat to our children and our economy and our way of life. But there is nothing to worry about here.

ajwps said:
Yeh an unidentified Iraqi Baath party man was doing innocent research on American schools for his home study course on US education resources.

What do you think would happen if our government announced proudly that an Iraqi man associated with the Sadaam Baath party was scoping out American schools for another Chechnian group of suicide terrorist bombers?

You don't think that there would be a real panic in the good ole USA????

Your probably right, our government wouldn't lie to their constituents, the America people in order to keep from alerting us to a real threat to our children and our economy and our way of life. But there is nothing to worry about here.

???

nakedemperor said:
???"The question in my mind is how many additional
American casualties is Saddam worth? And the answer
is not very damned many. So I think we got it right,
both when we decided to expel him from Kuwait, but
also when the president made the decision that we'd
achieved our objectives and we were not going to go
get bogged down in the problems of trying to take over
and govern Iraq." -Dick Cheney

Let me try to respond to your Dick Cheney quote.

Question: How many additional American casualities is Sadaam worth?

Answer: About 12 million Americans living in New York?

Thousands of Islamic terrorists are pouring into Iraq to fight the American soldiers OVER THERE and none are here to blow up New York.

You understood my response very well. An Iraqi baath party member doing research on American schools and putting it on a nice disk was not done for writing a thesis paper for his school assignment.

How much good would it do to put the American population on alert that Sadaams followers (terrorists) were scoping out American schools. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?

i dont think this made any school kids here any safer. nor do i think this discovery made any difference... people are plotting all the time to do in people who have no means to defend themselves but find themselves in the middle of some kind of dispute and therefore become victims. see: mcveigh.

honestly....im more scared of OTHER kids in schools than terrorists hurting kids in schools. living in the neighborhood i live in.. id say there's more of a threat from local residents than any terrorist. i went off point, sorry.

He's not an unidentified Iraqi-- he's a civic planner doing work on creating schools. With no ties to terrorism. Damn, let the man work.

nakedemperor said:
He's not an unidentified Iraqi-- he's a civic planner doing work on creating schools. With no ties to terrorism. Damn, let the man work.

Do you have any proof that the Iraqi Baath (Sadaam) terrorist is a 'civic planner' doing work on creating schools?

Why were there no French, German, English, Japanese or other country school plans on this 'civic planner's' secret disk?

Do you also believe that Sadaam and Mahatma were really peace loving superstars?

Mainframe said:
i dont think this made any school kids here any safer. nor do i think this discovery made any difference... people are plotting all the time to do in people who have no means to defend themselves but find themselves in the middle of some kind of dispute and therefore become victims. see: mcveigh.

honestly....im more scared of OTHER kids in schools than terrorists hurting kids in schools. living in the neighborhood i live in.. id say there's more of a threat from local residents than any terrorist. i went off point, sorry.

You don't believe that a Baath party (Sadaamite) member casing America schools makes any difference.

Not anymore as the American's got the man and his disk before terrorist cells in America could repeat the Russian school incident in which hundreds were murdered by the brave partisans?

Forum List

Back