TGI Fridays Jack Daniels steak sauce

J

janeeng

Ok, I made this a long time ago - it takes some time to cook it all, but it really is the sauce for the steaks at TGI Fridays!!!!!

Ingredients:
1 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 C. Jack Daniel's Ole No. & Tennessee Whiskey
2 C. packed brown sugar
1/4 C.water
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Preparation:
Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool. Use as a glaze on meat, poultry, and seafood just before removing from grill.
To prepare chicken breasts using Jack Daniel's grill glaze: Use 2 (4oz.) breasts for each serving. Marinate chicken in your choice of marinade for 5 to 10 minutes. Place chicken on the grill or in a saute pan. While cooking, baste often with marinade. When cooked to your satisfaction, brush liberally with glaze. Remove immediately to serving dish. Glaze burns quickly and can be difficult to remove from grill or pans if left to burn onto surface.

janeeng said:
Ok, I made this a long time ago - it takes some time to cook it all, but it really is the sauce for the steaks at TGI Fridays!!!!!

Ingredients:
1 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 C. Jack Daniel's Ole No. & Tennessee Whiskey
2 C. packed brown sugar
1/4 C.water
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Preparation:
Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool. Use as a glaze on meat, poultry, and seafood just before removing from grill.
To prepare chicken breasts using Jack Daniel's grill glaze: Use 2 (4oz.) breasts for each serving. Marinate chicken in your choice of marinade for 5 to 10 minutes. Place chicken on the grill or in a saute pan. While cooking, baste often with marinade. When cooked to your satisfaction, brush liberally with glaze. Remove immediately to serving dish. Glaze burns quickly and can be difficult to remove from grill or pans if left to burn onto surface.

MMMMMM My son likes to mix up these kind of sauces---I think we have a project for dinner tonight !!!!!!!!!!

dilloduck said:
MMMMMM My son likes to mix up these kind of sauces---I think we have a project for dinner tonight !!!!!!!!!!

Worth it Dillo, it really was good!

Mr. P said:
If any of you PUT THIS sauce on the Prime Rib roast I'LL NEVER speak to you again! :flameth:

NO WAY, Chef P. This is strictly for grilling. Prime Rib requires ketchup ! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Prime rib? Nothing like food that still moos. This isn't the stone age - you're supposed to kill it now, before you eat it. :)

Mr. P said:
If any of you PUT THIS sauce on the Prime Rib roast I'LL NEVER speak to you again! :flameth:

Oh hell no P!!! nasty nasty to ruin Prime Rib with that. Steak is best with the sauce. Prime Rib needs to be as is!!!

The most that should be put on prime rib is some au jus or horseradish sauce. And it needs to be bloody as hell. Now I'm hungry.

Dan said:
The most that should be put on prime rib is some au jus or horseradish sauce. And it needs to be bloody as hell. Now I'm hungry.

Did have prime rib with Horseradish sauce, not bad, but still prefer it as is!

Dan said:

...and there's the problem I have with it.. Still mooing. I like my food dead. :) Oh, and the chunk of fat they leave attached to it has to go as well.

Gimme a good piece of filet, and I'm in heaven. (Just cook it first).

...and there's the problem I have with it.. Still mooing. I like my food dead. Oh, and the chunk of fat they leave attached to it has to go as well.

:boohoo:

I like my meat to taste like murder, and nothing tastes more like murder than having blood run down your chin after you bite into a huge piece of fat!

Actually, that's pretty disgusting. I like my steaks medium-rare, burgers medium, and prime rib just red in the middle. I ate a too-rare steak one time and have never been sicker in my life!

Dan said:
:boohoo:

I like my meat to taste like murder, and nothing tastes more like murder than having blood run down your chin after you bite into a huge piece of fat!

Actually, that's pretty disgusting. I like my steaks medium-rare, burgers medium, and prime rib just red in the middle. I ate a too-rare steak one time and have never been sicker in my life!

Ok.. Most of that's not quite still mooing.. More like just an occasional shudder. :D Medium is good.. Meat has flavor, but it doesn't make an effective hockey puck, and you don't have liquid running all over the plate getting sucked up by everything else on it.. (When I cook, I like putting together picture-perfect looking plates - I'm anal that way) :)

janeeng said:
Oh hell no P!!! nasty nasty to ruin Prime Rib with that. Steak is best with the sauce. Prime Rib needs to be as is!!!
any meat needs to be as it is! one of the guys iworked with in the sat. biz put ranch dressing on everything!
but meat, specially steak, needs to be plain!

Johnney said:
any meat needs to be as it is! one of the guys iworked with in the sat. biz put ranch dressing on everything!
but meat, specially steak, needs to be plain!
Ahhhhhhhhhh...another beef purast!
If you have to add a sauce, except a marinade in some cases, you either have a very poor quality cut or it's cooked improperly.

Johnney said:
any meat needs to be as it is! ..... specially steak, needs to be plain!

I agree. When I did eat meat, that was the ONLY way. If I wanted the taste of something else, I'd be eating something else.

Forum List

Back