Textron Scorpion Fighter

OldUSAFSniper

Conservative
Aug 8, 2011
Oklahoma
Google Textron Scorpion and then come back and tell me what you think.

Do we need a less expensive aircraft ($20 million a copy vs $168 a million for F-22's) like this that uses legacy systems.

I say that the Air Force should not discount something like this when they're looking to retire the A-10. A few modifications (addition of a gun) and some other things and you may have a viable ground attack replacement.

Thoughts?

Against the ragheads I think we should use the cheapest weapon possible. Too bad we don't have a transport big enough to just cover them in shit and be done with them.

Cool looking fighter...I'll have to ask my son...I am sure he will opt for the heftier F 15....he loved his 21 years in that thing...altho his body is now feeling the affects..

Fighters such as the Textron Scorpion may be the wave of the future.

Low cost and low maintenance.

Which is all that 99% of the countries in the world really need. ..... :cool:

Many countries that want an air force but can't afford to spend like drunken Democrat Senators will opt for the Scorpion.

Low cost and low maintenance allow the purchase of greater numbers but then the problem comes in finding people to fly them. Today's indoctrinations-in-lieu of education do not produce a lot of jet pilot material - except in other countries.

After reading the specs of the Scorpion, I think that if it makes it to the USAF inventory it will need some minor re-work. But I believe that something like this would do well for close-in ground support role. Like the addition of a bigger gun and more rounds, possibly 30 MM. Also, some beefier and heftier armor for the pilot (the A-10 pilot sits in a titanium 'bathtub'). It would be faster than the A-10, which would give it some edge.

I noticed the wings were straight, like the A-10 and had many hard points. Great place to put some Hellfire missiles so that we can play 'catch' with the jihadis. You know, we pitch and they 'catch'.

I do NOT think that this is a replacement or an alternative to the F-22, the F-15 (a tremendous aircraft), the F-16 or the F-35. These aircraft have their role and have certainly shown their worth. But I don't think that they should discount it so much.

Forum List

Back