Texting While Driving PSA

After you threw i tout your window, it landed on the windshield of the car behind you and that caused a pile up. Damn, you just cant win. :lol:

The jerk behind him should not have been following so closely, so it is not his fault.

Immie

Ok, mister literal, what if he was beside him when his windshield was smashed by this horrible anti communication extremist. :eusa_hand:

I don't have to answer that because your hypothetical clearly says: "behind you and that caused a pile up". And since I don't have an answer for ya, I'm not going to answer. :D

Immie

I was once texting whilst driving and the exact same thing happened to me...bad wreck and my passenger died.

But, my passenger was a crazed, chainsaw wielding hitchhiker and I was trying to text the police.

So, in the end it all worked out.

One thing that I was wondering is why the second car that hit them never even stopped, despite the fact that a huge accident occurred right in front of them.

I suppose they were texting.

My sister was involved in a minor accident which was clearly the other driver's fault. Cops showed up and she blamed my sister for the whole thing. She almost had the cops convinced until a friend arrived. "Why are you here, ma'am?" "I heard my friend screaming into her cell phone then- bam!".

Wow. I'm very sensative about texting and driving. On July 29, 2007, my wife was involved in a very tragic auto accident that was caused by an 18 year old kid driving 74 miles per hour and texting his girlfriend while driving. He crossed the center line of the highway and hit my wife's car head on. The boy was instantly killed. My wife was flown via helo to a nearby trauma hosiptal with very serious injuries. She was in the hospital for 31 days, had to have 5 surgeries to correct orthopediac injuries and then in a local nursing home for 2 1/2 months getting rehab and healing up. She now walks with a permanent limp and is in pain almost constantly. She has to take pain meds every day just to get through the day. Her almost new car was completely totaled and it's just by God's grace she was not killed. Please, please, please, don't take this subject lightly and if you know anyone who is in the habit of doing this, please ask them to stop. Accident investigation conducted by law enforcement officials proved the boy had been texting his girl friend. Her message to him, "I love you." His message to her was "I love you too!" but he never got to send it because of the accident.

If people can't give up being "connected" long enough to avoid risking my life, they should be connected to a nice little prison cell for the rest of theirs.

Wow. I'm very sensative about texting and driving. On July 29, 2007, my wife was involved in a very tragic auto accident that was caused by an 18 year old kid driving 74 miles per hour and texting his girlfriend while driving. He crossed the center line of the highway and hit my wife's car head on. The boy was instantly killed. My wife was flown via helo to a nearby trauma hosiptal with very serious injuries. She was in the hospital for 31 days, had to have 5 surgeries to correct orthopediac injuries and then in a local nursing home for 2 1/2 months getting rehab and healing up. She now walks with a permanent limp and is in pain almost constantly. She has to take pain meds every day just to get through the day. Her almost new car was completely totaled and it's just by God's grace she was not killed. Please, please, please, don't take this subject lightly and if you know anyone who is in the habit of doing this, please ask them to stop. Accident investigation conducted by law enforcement officials proved the boy had been texting his girl friend. Her message to him, "I love you." His message to her was "I love you too!" but he never got to send it because of the accident.

This is just so awful and makes me so sad. A senseless, needless death because he 'had' to text someone and your wife living with the results of the accident for the rest of her life.

People, especially kids, simply don't get how dangerous distractions are when you're driving. Anything can distract you but texting? It's like reading a book (which I've seen other drivers doing!) My dad always taught us to drive like everyone else is an idiot and to drive as if you have a several ton weapon in your hands.

My daughter (19) didn't get a cell phone until she was 15 and was working and could afford the monthly bill. It has been pounded into her head not to talk or text on the phone while driving. There is absolutely nothing that can't wait phone/text-wise until you're off the road. Nothing.

Forum List

Back