Textbook Indoctrination in Public Schools

Like the brontausaurus. How many years have scientists told us that there were brontausaurus? Before they figured out they got the fossils mixed up and just sorta quietly stopped publishing about the funny looking dinosaur

They just changed the name to Apatosaurus.

Sorry.

Wow. I am stunned.

About a year ago it was easy to find a recognized educational link, (university, etc) to the fact that brontausaurs was an embarrassing mistake. It wasn't publicized but you could find it. Now it's all suddenly written up as "Oh we always knew it was an "Apatasaur"

THAT is amazing.

Everyone knows that God put bones in the ground to (pick one of the following):

a. Give dogs something to dig up.

b. Show us what creatures on other planets looked like.

c. They are not really bones, just unique patterns of rock and mud.

Remember, it doesn't make any sense that we evolved from lower forms of life regardless of genetics and fossils.

It's much more believable that we were magically "shimmered" into being from dirt.

Funny thing about all that knowledge that doesn't mean anything? It works. What do we get from the Bible? Fables.

Does God put bones in the ground? I haven't seen that lately.

All that knowledge that doesn't mean anything, working? If you're talking about legitimate science, the kind that can show proof, sure, it's ASTOUNDING what modern science and technology can and does do. But adding evolution to the list is, well, it just doesn't belong there. You're constantly disproving yourself and rewritting it as fact again. Laughable really.

Uh, then were do they come from?

Like the brontausaurus. How many years have scientists told us that there were brontausaurus? Before they figured out they got the fossils mixed up and just sorta quietly stopped publishing about the funny looking dinosaur

Sorry.

Wow. I am stunned.

About a year ago it was easy to find a recognized educational link, (university, etc) to the fact that brontausaurs was an embarrassing mistake. It wasn't publicized but you could find it. Now it's all suddenly written up as "Oh we always knew it was an "Apatasaur"

THAT is amazing.

Scientists are always learning, always making corrections. It's what they do. And I'm glad they do it. They're the ones that teach doctors. Do you go to a doctor? Ask him if he believes in evolution.

Sorry.

Wow. I am stunned.

THAT is amazing.

Scientists are always learning, always making corrections. It's what they do. And I'm glad they do it. They're the ones that teach doctors. Do you go to a doctor? Ask him if he believes in evolution.

Another reason why things like evolution shall always retain the label theory.

Because there's always a possibility that they'll find new information that will force them to change or abandon the theory.

Never the same with faith.

Science_And_Faith.jpg

Sorry.

Wow. I am stunned.

THAT is amazing.

See (http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...rination-in-public-schools-3.html#post1492388)

Remember, it doesn't make any sense that we evolved from lower forms of life regardless of genetics and fossils.

It's much more believable that we were magically "shimmered" into being from dirt.

Funny thing about all that knowledge that doesn't mean anything? It works. What do we get from the Bible? Fables.

All that knowledge that doesn't mean anything, working? If you're talking about legitimate science, the kind that can show proof, sure, it's ASTOUNDING what modern science and technology can and does do. But adding evolution to the list is, well, it just doesn't belong there. You're constantly disproving yourself and rewritting it as fact again. Laughable really.

Maybe the scientist created them so that they could further perpetuate their "theories".

I mean...have you ever seen a dinosaur bone?

I'm sure you've seen pictures of them being uncovered, but were was it? That's right...out in the desert far away from anyone else so that their coverup wouldn't be discovered.

There are just some people who need to see everything* to believe it.

* except for God.

The 'Theory of Evolution" is just that; a "Theory"

A person needs more "faith" to believe in evolution, than to believe in creationism :cool:

And a theory is a lot more than a guess. There's a lot of physical and empirical evidence that backs a theory. You realize gravity is explained only as a theory as well, yes?

You can't cite any physical or empirical evidence to support creationism. It can't even be logically deduced.

Every shred of evidence points to America being a Christian Nation and yet you would probably fight me over that. And that was only a few hundred years ago so I really don't expect you to believe real scientific evidence when it comes to something that happened a few thousand years ago.
I wouldn't argue that the pilgrims came here to worship independently of the Anglican church. What I would argue is that the Founding Fathers intended to avoid the same theocratic monopoly created by the very British government they rejected by refusing to have a state religion.

Because that is all evolution is is a "belief." Science is observable. Gravity is a scientifically observable theory. Micro evolution is science because it can be observed. Micro evolution is a part of both evolutionism's and creationism's theory and is the only scientifically testable part. Beyond that Evolutionism is nothing but a belief.
This is an oversimplification, but human remains are less "human" the deeper you dig through the earth's surface if you were to scope out a wide area. And other species' fossils seem to converge as far as their structures and appearances go. Are you arguing this isn't an observable sign of evolution?

A system of hope that there is no God.

Yeah, here we go again, we're all out to disprove god. yada yada yada.

Scientists don't care about religion. Religion exists in a metaphysical plane that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the physical realm that scientists study. Believers or not, they cannot rely on physical evidence and observation to make any kind of statement on a concept that does not dwell in a nonphysical realm such as God, or any god for that matter.

When I was in school, way back, when ever the teacher got lazy she would put on an "educational film".

It was usually about how great the future would be, 20 hour work weeks and endless blue skys, you know, bullshit just like the Florida Keys.

I would however have had no problems with a film about lesbian sex, let it rip.

Or lick rather.

Last edited:

I never said they don't come from the ground. I just don't know that God ever specifically put them there. Things pretty much got rearranged from the flood. (or have scientists been able to explain why mountain tops have evidence of being undersea...I suppose they would say mountains just popped up that way all on their own...)

So you admit then that the evidence for creationism is faith and religion and yet you still want to teach it on our schools, then throw a hissy about supposed Islam indoctrination?

That's because the Koran is written by Satan...

and the Torah is written by Jews (and you can't trust 'em)

:lol: The Bible contains the Torah :eusa_shhh:

Then you can't trust the Bible either...you're proving my point.

Wow. I am stunned.

THAT is amazing.

Another reason why things like evolution shall always retain the label theory.

Because there's always a possibility that they'll find new information that will force them to change or abandon the theory.

Never the same with faith.

Science_And_Faith.jpg

God looks forward in time, wrote it down and it's held up.
Man looks back in time and keeps getting out the eraser.

That's because the Koran is written by Satan...

and the Torah is written by Jews (and you can't trust 'em)

:lol: The Bible contains the Torah :eusa_shhh:

Then you can't trust the Bible either...you're proving my point.

So Xo, the Bible said God would scatter the Jews among the nations and then bring them back again, and the land would become fruitful again.

Well whatdya know? The Jews didn't have a homeland for roughly 2,000 years, no other nation has lasted that long without a homeland, not even close. They came back to a desolate land, so desolate that Mark Twain described it as the worst, and now it provides most of the citrus fruit in Europe.

I think it was Rockerfeller that made his millions figuring out where the oil was from descriptions of pitch in the Bible.

The Bible says we will not be able to buy or sell someday without a mark on the hand or forehead. They've been working on putting a chip in the skin to be used like a credit card for some time now. Lot of plagues are forecast too, kinda gives the impression it will be all at once, plagues, earthquakes, lot of things that line up with what progressives claim will be the effects of global warming, raging seas, all seemingly close together in time.

Pick up a Discover Magazine lately?

I never said they don't come from the ground. I just don't know that God ever specifically put them there. Things pretty much got rearranged from the flood. (or have scientists been able to explain why mountain tops have evidence of being undersea...I suppose they would say mountains just popped up that way all on their own...)

Holy SHIT the FLOOD!!!??? You are a Bible LITERALIST!!?? I knew you were pretty messed up but I didn't think you were THAT messed up. Tell me Jen what happens when two CONTINENTAL plates collide? The HYMALAINS!!!

Let's see I guess since we are all so terrified of them nasty MOOSLIMS we should keep Alegebra out of public schools huh?

"It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra." No. The origins of algebra trace back to the ancient Babylonians. They were not Muslims. Algebra was temporarily developed by the ancient Greeks and later the English. "Our magnetic compass, tools of navigation," Islam gave us these? No. "Recent research suggests that the compass may have been discovered by Central Americans, but if they didn't do it, the Chinese are then its discoverers. In either case, be it the Chinese or the Central Americans, the compass was discovered centuries before the advent of Islam."

Now, what am I supposed to say? I'm not supposed to say this stuff. Now, let's see, let's see. "Our mastery of pens and printing..." Has anybody ever heard of Gutenberg? I didn't know Gutenberg was a Muslim. "Our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed..."? Are there Nobel Prizes for Medicine awarded to Muslims I have missed? "Islamic has given us some majestic arches and soaring spires..." Well, sorry, folks, but arches and spires predate the arrival of Islam by centuries. I mean, come on, folks. Arches? Anybody heard of Rome? He also talked about the great gift, "timeless poetry and cherished music." The only problem there is that music -- and musical instruments especially -- are forbidden in most Islamic traditions. And it should be unnecessary to have to note Islam's "religious tolerance" has been demonstrated. "

President Obama's Cairo Speech: Outrageous, Absurd, Embarrassing

Well whatdya know? The Jews didn't have a homeland for roughly 2,000 years, no other nation has lasted that long without a homeland, not even close.

What about the Christians?

Christians don't have a homeland.

And a theory is a lot more than a guess. There's a lot of physical and empirical evidence that backs a theory. You realize gravity is explained only as a theory as well, yes?

You can't cite any physical or empirical evidence to support creationism. It can't even be logically deduced.

Every shred of evidence points to America being a Christian Nation and yet you would probably fight me over that. And that was only a few hundred years ago so I really don't expect you to believe real scientific evidence when it comes to something that happened a few thousand years ago.
I wouldn't argue that the pilgrims came here to worship independently of the Anglican church. What I would argue is that the Founding Fathers intended to avoid the same theocratic monopoly created by the very British government they rejected by refusing to have a state religion.

Because that is all evolution is is a "belief." Science is observable. Gravity is a scientifically observable theory. Micro evolution is science because it can be observed. Micro evolution is a part of both evolutionism's and creationism's theory and is the only scientifically testable part. Beyond that Evolutionism is nothing but a belief.
This is an oversimplification, but human remains are less "human" the deeper you dig through the earth's surface if you were to scope out a wide area. And other species' fossils seem to converge as far as their structures and appearances go. Are you arguing this isn't an observable sign of evolution?

A system of hope that there is no God.

Yeah, here we go again, we're all out to disprove god. yada yada yada.

Scientists don't care about religion. Religion exists in a metaphysical plane that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the physical realm that scientists study. Believers or not, they cannot rely on physical evidence and observation to make any kind of statement on a concept that does not dwell in a nonphysical realm such as God, or any god for that matter.

I know a man who is drop-dead genius. The government has actually sent out people to follow him around to figure out how he does what he does. (he translated satellite codes years ago, don't know what he's working on now, he'll never talk about it). He's a fascinating man, it's interesting that he has no social skills whatsoever...can't even remember huge events in his life, he's so focused on things beyond my comprehension. He's not a religious man but he does believe in God and I asked him to explain something about the universe to me once and he said the more you know, the more you cannot deny there is a God.

A lot of doctors seem to follow the same conclusions.

Forum List

Back