Textbook Indoctrination in Public Schools

arafat-zombie.gif

kittens.jpg

Oh where to begin here - you are swimming in the waters of my until recently, life's work!

First, I saw an advance copy of the Fox report a few weeks ago. All in all pretty well done.

The publishing companies who make and distribute these textbooks lean left to be sure. I have personally been an advisor for a national textbook and saw the intentional liberal slant in these books first hand - I already knew of this, but it was even more troubling seeing it first hand.

For now, I will simply say this on the subject - if you are a parent who cares about what is being given to your child as fact by your school, then take the time to review the materials they are being required to read/learn. Even those who consider themselves liberal will likely be shocked at the obvious slant of these textbooks - at times it is truly astounding.

I agree.

But it's also shocking how so many will read the whitewash in our textbooks and accept it as peaceful and not biased at all. Even as so much death is happening in Manilla

“The people who idolize Noordin as a mujahid [holy warrior] are still out there,” Indonesian expert Noor Huda Ismail, of the Institute for International Peacebuilding, told Agence France-Presse.

“They have their own ideology about becoming martyrs and reaching heaven. The path for that dream will always emerge.”

The Manila Times Internet Edition | OPINION >Indonesia not out of danger with Noordin’s ‘death’

and it is okay to teach children that all muslims are terrorists, and all terrorists are muslims?

Who does that?

muslim1.jpg
Muhammad got in my car, grinning from ear to ear, one of the nicest kids we know. Then there is Abbas, the son of an Iranian Shah who gave me an exquisite tapestry case just because he is generous. I smile whenever I think of Sharif and how we would almost fall over laughing as we bantered back and forth. I remember parties at Omar’s in Ashland and I’m always happy to see my Muslim neighbors.

I have liked every Muslim I have ever met.

America is embracing a religion that is said to promote peace as many moderate Muslims happily practice it. But as Yale professor and military historian Mary Habeck points out, this "peace" is only the first phase of Islam. The "method of Muhammad" largely known by Middle East Islamists is to spread Islam peacefully at first but always including covert groups of "true followers" who will use violence against those who will not accept. This method is verified in Islam’s holy book, the Sira, and the pattern has been repeated throughout history.

When scholars point at the Koran and the terrorist verses recited over acts of violence and beheadings, Muslims claim those verses are out of context, and they feel out of context to those who have accepted Islam’s first phase. But "peace" is not the last phase of Islam.

Muhammad, reverenced as Jesus Christ is to Christians, is the role model. Muslims believe if they want to experience his success, they must follow his footsteps exactly, and Muhammad slaughtered 600 to 900 Jews that rejected his "peaceful" Islam, then sold their wives and children into slavery as he continued to quote Allah, adding terrorism, beheadings and carnage.

Bin Laden believes he is following Muhammad’s footsteps. He did not hijack a religion, he just took it seriously.

The answer is not to claim moderate Muslim beliefs are true Islam. The answer is not to ask our children to get on their hands and knees and pray to Allah in public school, to "become Muslim," fast for Ramadan, and "assume you are a Muslim soldier" as our textbooks direct. Once the governing majority is Muslim, "true Islam" and the totalitarian oppressive Sharia laws come into effect. Our freedoms will be slowly choked from us as they are being choked from France today.

President Bush probably doubts we can "win the war on terror" because that would require the eradication of Islam completely, something America would never endeavor. Religious freedom is fundamental to us, it is part of what makes us great. We will not outlaw Islam, we will not hunt down and kill every Muslim in an effort to win the Jihad pronounced by sheiks. President Bush is absolutely right, we can’t "win" the war, we can only fight to maintain our stature and freedom while we hunt down a never-ending supply of Islamic terrorists.

Thus we have already "won" every day we stand as a shining light, (though dimming if our nation continues to oppose God).

But the plight of the moderate Muslim is grave. As America slowly admits the enemy is true Islam, every effort must be made to embrace the moderate Muslim, not persecute them. The answer is not to blind our eyes and try to convince ourselves that moderate Muslims represent true Islam. They don’t. Islam is defined by its holy books, and the holy books proclaim death to all who oppose it, even moderate Muslims. The answer is to live in reality, recognize the violence of true Islam as it rears its head, and ask moderate Muslims to reconsider. True Islam pronounces moderate Muslims as apostate, they are the "near enemies" in the Sira and without true conversion, they will be slaughtered right along with Christians and Jews. American Muslims need to take a hard look at what their Koran, in its entirety and true context, demands. They can no more denounce the method of Muhammad than Christians can denounce the sacrifice and love of God. I know, because as I battle with public educators for my children’s religious freedom, I get angry, and God continually rebukes me for my anger. He reminds me of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for them as well, and I am constantly humbled.

Muhammad slaughtered unbelievers. Jesus Christ gave Himself to be slaughtered. Muhammad took life, Jesus laid down His own life. I am to love these educators that would ask my sons to practice abominations to God, but I am not to give my sons over to them. We are to LOVE American Muslims, but we ought not give over our nation. We need to admit what true Islam is... or we can invest in prayer carpets, head baskets and burkas.

So as America wakes up to our enemy’s identity, pray for protection of moderate Muslims. They bought a belief without substance, a way of life without a Savior. Embrace them, love them and share His holy light with them.

But at the same time, do not allow public schools to lead your sons and daughters to their plight.

The Plight of moderate Muslims, a people without a religion

Unadulterated fallacy-filled tripe.

Last edited:
Luissa, I don't want anybody's kids indoctrinated into anything, I want them taught how to think not what to think by you me or anyone else. For the last thirty eyars I've watched as errors began to fill text books at an alarming rate even concerning absolute basics. History is easily the most biased subject of all.

do you want praying allowed in school?
and creationism to be taught?

Teach creationism? What would be wrong with saying "There are those who believe..."

OH WAIT! they might teach Creationsm like they teach evolution as fact without a shred of proof of any animal AND THEIR KIND making the jump to any other kind of animal.

So I imagine anyone who doesn't believe in Creationism would be scared to death the same tactics might be turned on them.

There's plenty of evidence for evolution, you just don't like it.

And your support for teaching creationism to show "there are those who believe..." is hypocritical when you're against teaching what Islam and homosexuality based on your belief that others' lifestyles shouldn't be crammed down your children's throats.

oh so that's how it works?

Guesses accepted as fact unless it's a Christian belief and then we're hypocritical if we even suggest it presented as "those who believe"

You would have done well on slick willy's staff.

the guy in your video was mad because they only called them terrorists.
"accept it as peaceful and not biased at all. Even as so much death is happening in Manilla"
and by this statement one would assume you don't like your children being taught good things about islam.
Even in the letter you just posted it puts down muslims.

Luissa, I don't want anybody's kids indoctrinated into anything, I want them taught how to think not what to think by you me or anyone else. For the last thirty eyars I've watched as errors began to fill text books at an alarming rate even concerning absolute basics. History is easily the most biased subject of all.
for the last 30 years!:lol:
Lies have put in textbooks for a lot longer, for one they were filled with propaganda and could never make america look bad.
I live in a liberal state and in high school we were taught about everything, every religion and every belief system. My teachers never gave us their opinion just taught us the history of the subject we were discussing.
I remember taking my first american history class in college,I learned most of the shit they teach these children in grade schools is lies or biased.

Teach creationism? What would be wrong with saying "There are those who believe..."

OH WAIT! they might teach Creationsm like they teach evolution as fact without a shred of proof of any animal AND THEIR KIND making the jump to any other kind of animal.

So I imagine anyone who doesn't believe in Creationism would be scared to death the same tactics might be turned on them.

And your support for teaching creationism to show "there are those who believe..." is hypocritical when you're against teaching what Islam and homosexuality based on your belief that others' lifestyles shouldn't be crammed down your children's throats.

Guesses accepted as fact unless it's a Christian belief and then we're hypocritical if we even suggest it presented as "those who believe"

Guesses. The fact that you're calling it that shows you really haven't any idea how science works. Explaining it to you would be an exercise in futility; you want to promote biblical dogma as fact and anything that conflicts with it will be met with your fingers in your ears.

At this point I am seeing devolution.

As to textbooks it's a money racket. They are slanted and usually full of crap because some new thing is mandated and new textbooks are constantly being bought and old ones shredded for recycling instead of going to a district that needs them.

I don't think creationism is really something that should be taught in schools. It should be math, math and more math, grammar and spelling and physics and chemistry and languages. At the top of the heap would be history and literature after the basic skills are mastered.

There are some interesting gaps in scholarship that need to be filled in, like the African Continent pre 1400's. there's practically nothing and there was a lot of something because we have some evidence of some incredible things but no backstory.

I think we have an obligation to do the best we can even with poorer populations because education is a cycle. Parents teach as much as a school does. Without the support of parents, children struggle. I also think children should go to school at an earlier age before they start to get bored.

We should lay off the sports thing. Academics should be what is considered cool. I also think basic music theory should be a required curriculum started at a very young age.

The 'Theory of Evolution" is just that; a "Theory"

A person needs more "faith" to believe in evolution, than to believe in creationism :cool:

And a theory is a lot more than a guess. There's a lot of physical and empirical evidence that backs a theory. You realize gravity is explained only as a theory as well, yes?

You can't cite any physical or empirical evidence to support creationism. It can't even be logically deduced.

Guesses. The fact that you're calling it that shows you really haven't any idea how science works. Explaining it to you would be an exercise in futility; you want to promote biblical dogma as fact and anything that conflicts with it will be met with your fingers in your ears.

Well I could call it "theory" but if you know anything about science and public education, they have completely rewritten what that word means to try to give it credibility

fail

Guesswork is more accurate.

I think we should send our kids to school and only teach them about puppy dogs, cats, and rainbows so no one would be offended.
Oh! wait the christians will hate them being taught about rainbows because it is a symbol for homosexuals. Cats are out because there are cat haters, and if we teach about dogs cat lovers will be offended.

The 'Theory of Evolution" is just that; a "Theory"

A person needs more "faith" to believe in evolution, than to believe in creationism :cool:

And a theory is a lot more than a guess. There's a lot of physical and empirical evidence that backs a theory. You realize gravity is explained only as a theory as well, yes?

You can't cite any physical or empirical evidence to support creationism. It can't even be logically deduced.

Oh and your guesswork of evolution has actual evidence?

Failed again.

I think we should send our kids to school and only teach them about puppy dogs, cats, and rainbows so no one would be offended.
Oh! wait the christians will hate them being taught about rainbows because it is a symbol for homosexuals. Cats are out because there are cat haters, and if we teach about dogs cat lovers will be offended.

Well now that is fancy spinning.

As though the Christians are the ones marching to the beat of political correctness.

:lol:

Well I could call it "theory" but if you know anything about science and public education, they have completely rewritten what that word means to try to give it credibility

fail

Guesswork is more accurate.
how do you explain virus's mutating?
Or the fact the normal staph infection as mutated into MRSA.
How do you explain why people have only had blue eyes for only 10,000 years?
domesticated dogs are proof enough that evolution exists.

Forum List

Back