Text Messaging - Invitation to Disaster

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Cops have a new weapon in their arsenal of drug-fighting equipment: your cell phone. It seems that young peoples' addiction (so to speak) to text messaging, has extended into the area of drug sales. A very convenient way to score some drugs is by simply texting your contact to see whether or not there is anything available. If the text message comes back that there is, a meeting is set up (by text messaging) and the drugs passed.

Well, guess what now always gets searched along with your car if you are busted for drug possession? You got it - your cell phone. And if they find text messages relating to drug sales on there, suddenly the charge escalates from simple possession to possession for purpose of sale. And know what that means? You are not eligible for a drug program as an alternative to jail. You go to jail.

Switch now to the area of extra-marital activity. Text messaging plays a huge role here. Got a girl friend somewhere? Text messaging lets you stay in contact. It also is an invitation to disaster. They say the wife always knows. That may or may not be true. But if she even SUSPECTS, and you leave your cell phone lying around, you are leaving yourself wide open for huge trouble. Just ask Tiger.

So what can we learn from all this? Sure, sure - don't sell drugs and don't fool around on your spouse. But, sadly, we are all humans, and it doesn't always work out that way. SOOO, if it develops that you can't always walk the line, at least be sure to PROMPTLY delete any and all incriminating messages on your cell phone as soon as they are received or sent. Otherwise, get ready to be screwed by one of our most popular electronic advancements of recent years.

Cops can't look for drugs on a cell phone Georgie, they need a warrant for that and drugs won't fit in there anyway. Or they can use Cell Phone Scanners (Google that) at the DUI Checkpoints that they setup all over the US.

But that's illegal as well.

I passed through a DUI checkpoint in Gettysburg a few weeks ago, it went like this:

Officer: "Could you roll your window down further Sir?"
Me: "No. This is as far as I'm comfortable with". (It was just cracked enough for me to hear him)
I notice another officer on the other side of my car shining a light into the back seat.
Me: "Why is that other Officer searching my car?"
Officer: "He's just looking at the back seat Sir. Now that we have THAT out of the way, Have you had anything to drink tonight?" He was visibly irritated.
Me: "What is your Probable Cause for stopping me and questioning me?"
Officer: "Goodnight Sir, Drive Carefully".

I sh*t you not. That is the way it went. You f*ckers need to get over your fear of the Police and learn your rights.

Last edited:
Cops can't look for drugs on a cell phone Georgie, they need a warrant for that and drugs won't fit in there anyway. Or they can use Cell Phone Scanners (Google that) at the DUI Checkpoints that they setup all over the US.

But that's illegal as well.

I passed through a DUI checkpoint in Gettysburg a few weeks ago, it went like this:

Officer: "Could you roll your window down further Sir?"
Me: "No. This is as far as I'm comfortable with". (It was just cracked enough for me to hear him)
I notice another officer on the other side of my car shining a light into the back seat.
Me: "Why is that other Officer searching my car?"
Officer: "He's just looking at the back seat Sir. Now that we have THAT out of the way, Have you had anything to drink tonight?" He was visibly irritated.
Me: "What is your Probable Cause for stopping me and questioning me?"
Officer: "Goodnight Sir, Drive Carefully".

I sh*t you not. That is the way it went. You f*ckers need to get over your fear of the Police and learn your rights.

It could have easily been.......... Sir.......... Step out of the car.............

Each state has their own set of rules.

But...Good for you.....:D

Forum List

Back