Texas Women Are Pissed!

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Patients often unhappy with new Texas sonogram law, abortion providers say

Women seeking abortions at Whole Woman's Health in south Fort Worth often arrive upset or angry about Texas' new sonogram law, which began being fully enforced three weeks ago, a health center official says.

Some are unhappy about the requirement that a physician must describe the fetus during a sonogram. But it's the hardship of having to schedule two appointments -- one for the sonogram and another for the surgery at least 24 hours later -- that draws the most consistent ire.

For many women, that means unnecessarily missing two days of work, paying for two days of child care or arranging extra transportation. Those challenges are common at the Fort Worth center because it serves some rural clients who must travel farther, said Amy Hagstrom Miller, CEO of Whole Woman's Health.

"What we have noticed primarily is absolute outrage that they have to come twice," Hagstrom Miller said. "Many of our clients are already mothers; they know what is on a sonogram. They don't see it and say 'Oh my gosh, I'm pregnant' and change their minds."

Women seeking abortions at Whole Woman's Health in south Fort Worth often arrive upset or angry about Texas' new sonogram law, which began being fully enforced three weeks ago, a health center official says.

Some are unhappy about the requirement that a physician must describe the fetus during a sonogram. But it's the hardship of having to schedule two appointments -- one for the sonogram and another for the surgery at least 24 hours later -- that draws the most consistent ire.

For many women, that means unnecessarily missing two days of work, paying for two days of child care or arranging extra transportation. Those challenges are common at the Fort Worth center because it serves some rural clients who must travel farther, said Amy Hagstrom Miller, CEO of Whole Woman's Health.

"What we have noticed primarily is absolute outrage that they have to come twice," Hagstrom Miller said. "Many of our clients are already mothers; they know what is on a sonogram. They don't see it and say 'Oh my gosh, I'm pregnant' and change their minds."

Because of course two days off work plus bus fare is sooooo much more important than a human life, right liberals? Right death-mongers?

I highly doubt those supporting abortion were planning to vote for a pro life Republican to begin with.

oh well

sadly for the Constitutional hypocrites, states can regulate Constitutional rights. and there's fucking nothing you can do about it now.

ex;

libs support vast amounts of gun laws at all levels of government. all of these laws are unconstitutional.

libs support anti-freedom of speech laws, with the pretty bow of "Hate Speech" on it.

so when reps say we can regulate abortions, ya only have yourselves to blame for them learning that Two can play the regulation game.

those sound like right winger women.

Complaining about the extra cost and inconvenience.

I am pro-life. I don't have much sympathy for someone complaining about having to take two days off to end a life which will have all of her days ended.

However, I believe this sonogram requirement is nothing but vindictiveness. It's a dick move intended to embarrass and humiliate the mother. This is not how to win their hearts and minds.

This is not treating humans with dignity. This is not loving the sinner.

This is not Christian compassion.

Last edited:
Texas Women Are Pissed!
Has anyone explained what the clinical-PURPOSE (of these sonograms) IS??!!!!

323.png
323.png
323.png
323.png

Michigan has a 3-day wait period, if I'm not mistaken. They've had it since at least 2000 (I know because a friend of mine bitched about it - she had an abortion then). Yet, Michigan was and still is a Democratic stronghold.

Hmmmm.

Because of course two days off work plus bus fare is sooooo much more important than a human life, right liberals? Right death-mongers?

Apparently people aren't grown ups and need to be instructed and then wait 24 hours before proceeding.

I thought CONZ believed in individual liberty and freedom? I guess government waiting periods are a GOOD thing now.
Inform the NRA for me willya? Those gun nuts make me nervous.

"Stay away from my vagina."

A woman in my life said that. And she is so pro-life that she has said she would raise a baby that was impregnated in her by a rapist. I believe her because she has demonstrated her principles in many ways. She's as tough as they come.

But when the news started talking about the sonogram requirement law the other day, the newscaster hadn't even finished his sentence when she blurted that out.

So, yeah. This sonogram thing might win the battle but will lose the war.

Well, I think the GOP is onto a good thing. They should also require, on the state level of course, virginity checks for every bride so groom would know the true state of affairs. And for the fathers of the children that are created as the results of rape, they should provide visiting rights to these little 'gifts from God'. I am sure that there are Repubs out there that can extend this list of 'women's rights'.

Only partisan morons think this is a partisan thing. Wait periods have been around in many states for a long time. I don't agree with them, but they are not partisan.

HOw much does this law cost taxpayers. a sonogram and 2 different appointments?
bigger govt is wonderful and sought after by the right?

I just hope the Republicans don't fall for this crap again.........the Dems want to make it about women's rights/abortion. I think it's time we move past that and focus on the things that really matter like jobs, the economy and getting our government back to work.

I just hope the Republicans don't fall for this crap again.........the Dems want to make it about women's rights/abortion. I think it's time we move past that and focus on the things that really matter like jobs, the economy and getting our government back to work.

Why would they do that?
They support offshoring and such.

Forum List

Back