Texas woman sues wal mart for ripping up her money and false imprisonment

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Yes you read it right they destroyed her 100 dollar bills and held her against her will.

Raquel Erhard – Fourth Estate Cooperative Contributor
Texas, United States (4E) – A Texas resident is suing Wal-Mart after its employees ripped up her $100 bills and detaining her without cause for hours despite getting a validation that the money is real.
Julia Garcia said that she was publicly humiliated during the late-night December 2010 Christmas shopping incident at the San Antonio Wal-Mart.
The court document acquired by the Court House News stated that it was around 2 a.m. when Garcia approached the cashier to pay cash for her $150 worth of purchases. She handed over a $100 bill and a $50 bill. The cashier started inspecting the $100 bill, had a short discussion about the bill with a nearby cashier, and declared the complainant’s money as fake.
Wal-Mart sued for ripping up Texas woman’s $100 bills | GantDaily.com

Yes you read it right they destroyed her 100 dollar bills and held her against her will.

Texas, United States (4E) – A Texas resident is suing Wal-Mart after its employees ripped up her $100 bills and detaining her without cause for hours despite getting a validation that the money is real.
Julia Garcia said that she was publicly humiliated during the late-night December 2010 Christmas shopping incident at the San Antonio Wal-Mart.
The court document acquired by the Court House News stated that it was around 2 a.m. when Garcia approached the cashier to pay cash for her $150 worth of purchases. She handed over a $100 bill and a $50 bill. The cashier started inspecting the $100 bill, had a short discussion about the bill with a nearby cashier, and declared the complainant’s money as fake.

I dont usually like the whole "humiliation" thing, however both the cashier and the manager should have been criminally booked for destruction of property, and wal-mart should at a minimum give her the money back.

I dont usually like the whole "humiliation" thing, however both the cashier and the manager should have been criminally booked for destruction of property, and wal-mart should at a minimum give her the money back.
She should be awarded more than just her money back. a couple of million.

Over $200? Maybe some payment for her time, but what justifies a million dollar payout when she is not injured, not permanently disabled, and in the end the police sorted out the matter?

Also what did walmarts shareholders do to this woman? You may be able to link a lack of training to the actions, but this does not warrant a million dollar payout.

Getting wronged is not like hitting the lottery.

Over $200? Maybe some payment for her time, but what justifies a million dollar payout when she is not injured, not permanently disabled, and in the end the police sorted out the matter?

Also what did walmarts shareholders do to this woman? You may be able to link a lack of training to the actions, but this does not warrant a million dollar payout.

Not because of damage to the money but the false imprisonment

Then prosecute the manager if they have a case for it. I would think you already have him on destruction of property (the cashier as well). 2 hours is still not worth millions of dollars.

Then prosecute the manager if they have a case for it. I would think you already have him on destruction of property (the cashier as well). 2 hours is still not worth millions of dollars.

Yes it's worth a couple of million. Wal mart needs to have better training for their managers, and better hiring policy for management personal.

Why does this whiny bitch have to sue? No one forces her to shop at Wal-Mart, she just shouldn't shop there anymore and let the free market punish Wal-Mart. Instead she goes to suck a trial lawyers cock so he can shake down Wal-Mart - who has created 1.3 million jobs. Wal-Mart will just pass on the cost of the suit to consumers and then you and I will wind up paying more. How can this bitch be so selfish?

OH SHIT - my bad - I thought I was a TEA BAGGER CONSERVATIVE for a second.

Why does this whiny bitch have to sue? No one forces her to shop at Wal-Mart, she just shouldn't shop there anymore and let the free market punish Wal-Mart. Instead she goes to suck a trial lawyers cock so he can shake down Wal-Mart - who has created 1.3 million jobs. Wal-Mart will just pass on the cost of the suit to consumers and then you and I will wind up paying more. How can this bitch be so selfish?

Shes suing them for their actions, get a clue.

how fucking stupid is walmart......i have this pen i got from the bank for free......that i mark bills with.....if it turns black the bill is phoney...if it remains yellow the bill is good to go....

they are free from your local bank

She just wants them to pay for her vacation and her boob job. You and I know both know those trial lawyers are going to make the job creating wal-mart pay out the nose even though wal-mart can't possibly be responsible for the actions of all 1.3 million of its employees. This will destroy jobs and part of 'merica with it. She and you and all of you trial lawyer loving sue happies have no clue.

She just wants them to pay for her vacation and her boob job. You and I know both know those trial lawyers are going to make the job creating wal-mart pay out the nose even though wal-mart can't possibly be responsible for the actions of all 1.3 million of its employees. This will destroy jobs and part of 'merica with it. She and you and all of you trial lawyer loving sue happies have no clue.

You're totally fucked in the head. You must be pissed since wal mart collects information for homeland security.

how fucking stupid is walmart......i have this pen i got from the bank for free......that i mark bills with.....if it turns black the bill is phoney...if it remains yellow the bill is good to go....

That's why I say wal mart must pay and pay big so this will never happen again.

You're totally fucked in the head. You must be pissed since wal mart collects information for homeland security.

I frankly don't even know if we can believe this lady's story. Wal-Mart has a strong profit motive to NOT want to do something like this. Its doubtful that the free market would have allowed this to occur at all. She's probably just lying.

omg they had pens and didnt use them till after they tore up the bills.....

fucking sue the mal outta these dumbasses.....

my gosh i thought i was rude....i would never just tear up the customers money and if it was fake i would want it to be evidence....

these people are dumber than a box of hair

I frankly don't even know if we can believe this lady's story. Wal-Mart has a strong profit motive to NOT want to do something like this. Its doubtful that the free market would have allowed this to occur at all. She's probably just lying.

Believe the lady's story? WTF?

That's why I say wal mart must pay and pay big so this will never happen again.

Wal-Mart won't pay anything for this, they will pass every cent of the cost down to the consumer. You know that and I know that. Besides, the free market is enough to stop things like this from happening. We don't need Big Government with its overbloated civil justice system to get involved.

They are free from your local bank

that's why i say wal mart must pay and pay big so this will never happen again.

wal-mart won't pay anything for this, they will pass every cent of the cost down to the consumer. You know that and i know that. Besides, the free market is enough to stop things like this from happening. We don't need big government with its overbloated civil justice system to get involved.

Oh shit - my bad - i thought i was a tea bagger conservative for a second.

you're a fucking idiot, but you knew that already since you've been told that before.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what I would like to know is why she is just now suing them when this all was done to her almost two years ago. What has taken her so long to sue the place?

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. This may not be a one million dollar lawsuit or more, but to me, she should get more than just what they destroyed of hers. If it were me in the lady's position, I would happy enough with just a couple of thousands which of course is pocket change for such a place to give to anyone.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what I would like to know is why she is just now suing them when this all was done to her almost two years ago. What has taken her so long to sue the place?

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. This may not be a one million dollar lawsuit or more, but to me, she should get more than just what they destroyed of hers. If it were me in the lady's position, I would happy enough with just a couple of thousands which of course is pocket change for such a place to give to anyone.

They were probably in some kind of settlement talks for two years and had the file the lawsuit to comply with the statute of limitations.

I have had similar things happen to me several times, for as little at ten dollars at McDonalds. Each time I wrote to the company, explained what happened, who the clerk was and which store and promptly got my money back.

Clerks will say the money is counterfeit, keep the bill, pocket it, and the consumer is out the money left thinking they could be somehow prosecuted for passing counterfeit bills when it is all a scam by the cashier.

Forum List

Back