Texas wildflower time

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
69512_Wildflowers.JPG

I was just commenting to my wife yesterday how I bet all the Blue Bonnetts were in full bloom back home (Texas) right now....

Have you ever been to Big Bend National Park? I went in the Spring of '92 and it was soooo beautiful. All the Blue Bonnetts, Indian Paint Brushes, cacti, etc. were in full bloom..... it was so awsome.

Thanks for the photo. I love seeing it.

freeandfun1 said:
I was just commenting to my wife yesterday how I bet all the Blue Bonnetts were in full bloom back home (Texas) right now....

Have you ever been to Big Bend National Park? I went in the Spring of '92 and it was soooo beautiful. All the Blue Bonnetts, Indian Paint Brushes, cacti, etc. were in full bloom..... it was so awsome.

Thanks for the photo. I love seeing it.

YW and yes--I have been to Big Bend in the spring ---right after a rain it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm a BIG fan of cactus and the blooms are awesome---the long red stems of the ocatilla !!!

Gorgeous! My sister is actually driving through TX right now, on vacation. You made me feel close to her.

mom4 said:
Gorgeous! My sister is actually driving through TX right now, on vacation. You made me feel close to her.

Wow--that's cool. I hope she's having a great time because it sure it nice here before we get blasted by the summer heat.

She's loving the scenery! She hit Utah and New Mexico, and is on her way to Phoenix. She's with her preteen son and he is :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: But she is loving it! My husband and I hope to take our kids out West one day. I have visited TX (Friendswood/ Galveston area). It's wonderful! My husband would like to move there, but we would have to leave our family. Great state!

Great pictures dillo! If my mom was there right now, she'd pick herself a few and have them in a vase.

mom4 said:
She's loving the scenery! She hit Utah and New Mexico, and is on her way to Phoenix. She's with her preteen son and he is :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: But she is loving it! My husband and I hope to take our kids out West one day. I have visited TX (Friendswood/ Galveston area). It's wonderful! My husband would like to move there, but we would have to leave our family. Great state!

These were taken about 20 miles east of Austin on my way home from my sons baseball game. He was VERY glad he rode the team bus. Seeing you Dad taking pictures of flowers in WAY uncool---especially when your team mates are around !

Forum List

Back