Texas vs Gay Sex Marriage. Are Behaviors The Same As Race?

Will this boil down to the difference between actions/verb (gay sex) vs noun (race)

• Yes, since gay sex is a verb, it isn't the same as static race. Christians cannot participate.

• No, it doesn't matter whether gay sex is a noun or verb, it's a right!

• Maybe. This is going to be a very dissecting Hearing this time and not just generalizations.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Gay Sex Marriage is challenged by Texas' Christians: FRAMING THE ARGUMENT

Same-sex marriage ruling faces religious rights battle in Texas
As supporters of gay marriages celebrated a landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling, a new battle for same-sex marriage erupted in Texas where government leaders asserted their citizens' religious liberties trumped the individual right to marry...
Contesting the law on religious grounds will be the next major battlefield for the issue and could see it return to the Supreme Court, said Texas A&M University Law Professor Meg Penrose, who has followed the issue.
All Texas county clerks take an oath to uphold state laws and the U.S. Constitution, which includes Friday's decision, she said. But how far religious beliefs can protect state and county workers from performing their duties remains an unanswered constitutional question. Extending that argument could mean a Catholic judge deny a divorce because it goes against his religion, or a state worker could refuse to issue liquor licenses because it clashes with his religious beliefs, Penrose said.
Ultimately, it will come down to two fundamental rights – religious freedom granted explicitly in the Constitution, and same-sex liberties, which have been confirmed through previous court decisions – battling for precedence, she said.
I'm glad the author wrote it that way..."same-sex". Because that is a verb, not a noun. And that will be the ultimate question at the end of all this.
'GAY SEX' marriage is in no way shape or form born of a static state of being. It is an action; something done. And something done BTW that deprives children of either a father or a mother in marriage. This is a brand spanking new human concept, never before heard of or tried. Black men and white women still provided a father and a mother in marriage. More importantly, NO New Testament teaching advocated that races couldn't intermarry. Christians follow the new testament.

However, in Jude 1 of the New Testament, Jesus Christ's constant companion, confidant and personal servant tells the world what will happen if Christians promote the spread of a homosexual culture. The hub of any culture is marriage. So if Christians promote that spread, they are sentenced to eternal soul-death. They are reminded that everyone in Sodom was sentenced to the pit of fire forever, not just the homosexual cult there that forced its way upon every fold of life; but also those Christians who refused to do anything in order to stop it.

Price for your eternal soul? One marriage license, one catered meal, one photograph, one cake...make that strawberry with pineapple filling

Gay sex marriage is a verb, not a noun.

Opponents of the freedom of religion, the 1st Amendment are already alleging that their in-Pocket Justices who amended the Constitution to include a special class of just their favorite deviant sex behaviors as protected (while polygamy and incest remain without that protection), say that public accomodation laws and their new addition to the Constitution will trump freedom of religion. However, lawyers familiar with the Constitution will know of the 9th Amendment that says even if the judicial branch of government significantly changes the Constitution (which isn't allowed), that change may not suppress or abridge the rights enjoyed in another part of the Constitution.

I can see the bumper stickers now as to the 1st Amendment (adjunct to the democracy-killing "8 IS HATE) NUMBER 1 IS DONE! You know, with the rainbow logo off to the side..

Race is not the same as Religion.
Gender is not the same as Race
Sexual Preference is not the same as Gender
Religion is not the same as Sexual Preference.

And none of that matters- because people can- and have been- discriminated against because of one of those labels.

Is discriminating against someone based on race any different than discrimination based on sexual preference?

As supporters of gay marriages celebrated a landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling, a new battle for same-sex marriage erupted in Texas where government leaders asserted their citizens' religious liberties trumped the individual right to marry...
Contesting the law on religious grounds will be the next major battlefield for the issue and could see it return to the Supreme Court, said Texas A&M University Law Professor Meg Penrose, who has followed the issue.
All Texas county clerks take an oath to uphold state laws and the U.S. Constitution, which includes Friday's decision, she said. But how far religious beliefs can protect state and county workers from performing their duties remains an unanswered constitutional question. Extending that argument could mean a Catholic judge deny a divorce because it goes against his religion, or a state worker could refuse to issue liquor licenses because it clashes with his religious beliefs, Penrose said.
Ultimately, it will come down to two fundamental rights – religious freedom granted explicitly in the Constitution, and same-sex liberties, which have been confirmed through previous court decisions – battling for precedence, she said.
I'm glad the author wrote it that way..."same-sex". Because that is a verb, not a noun. And that will be the ultimate question at the end of all this.
'GAY SEX' marriage is in no way shape or form born of a static state of being. It is an action; something done. And something done BTW that deprives children of either a father or a mother in marriage. This is a brand spanking new human concept, never before heard of or tried. Black men and white women still provided a father and a mother in marriage. More importantly, NO New Testament teaching advocated that races couldn't intermarry. Christians follow the new testament.

However, in Jude 1 of the New Testament, Jesus Christ's constant companion, confidant and personal servant tells the world what will happen if Christians promote the spread of a homosexual culture. The hub of any culture is marriage. So if Christians promote that spread, they are sentenced to eternal soul-death. They are reminded that everyone in Sodom was sentenced to the pit of fire forever, not just the homosexual cult there that forced its way upon every fold of life; but also those Christians who refused to do anything in order to stop it.

Price for your eternal soul? One marriage license, one catered meal, one photograph, one cake...make that strawberry with pineapple filling

Opponents of the freedom of religion, the 1st Amendment are already alleging that their in-Pocket Justices who amended the Constitution to include a special class of just their favorite deviant sex behaviors as protected (while polygamy and incest remain without that protection), say that public accomodation laws and their new addition to the Constitution will trump freedom of religion. However, lawyers familiar with the Constitution will know of the 9th Amendment that says even if the judicial branch of government significantly changes the Constitution (which isn't allowed), that change may not suppress or abridge the rights enjoyed in another part of the Constitution.

I can see the bumper stickers now as to the 1st Amendment (adjunct to the democracy-killing "8 IS HATE) NUMBER 1 IS DONE! You know, with the rainbow logo off to the side..

Nope. Race is a naturally-occurring phenomenon. Homosexuality is an anomoly, unrepresentative to the entire human race. There are also frogs born with three toes, and two-headed dogs.

Is discriminating against someone based on race any different than discrimination based on sexual preference?

How are you defining discrimination?

If I were a Pastor I would refuse to perform weddings for sodomites whereas I would perform a wedding for a Christian man and Christian woman whom God had brought together. The laws of this land permit murder too, Blindboo. Am I going to give my support to doctors who perform abortions when the bible calls them murderers? No. Am I going to give my approval to sodomites committing acts that are an abomination to God Almighty? No.

Gods law stands irregardless of how lawless a nation becomes - His judgment will fall on a nation that departs from His Word. His judgment is about to fall on America.

Sodomy is not a race. It's a sin.

If I were a Pastor I would refuse to perform weddings for sodomites whereas I would perform a wedding for a Christian man and Christian woman whom God had brought together. The laws of this land permit murder too, Blindboo. Am I going to give my support to doctors who perform abortions when the bible calls them murderers? No. Am I going to give my approval to sodomites committing acts that are an abomination to God Almighty? No.

Gods law stands irregardless of how lawless a nation becomes - His judgment will fall on a nation that departs from His Word. His judgment is about to fall on America.

So if a Christian man and Christian woman perform oral sex you would not perform their wedding?

Race is a naturally-occurring phenomenon. Homosexuality is an anomoly, unrepresentative to the entire human race. There are also frogs born with three toes, and two-headed dogs.
Anomaly or not, if they're naturally occurring like "frogs born with three toes and two-headed dogs", they deserve the same legal rights and protections as anyone else.

Yes because it's not a natural sin to be of a different race.
It isn't a sin at all to be of a different race! It's perfectly fine and anyone who discriminates against another person because of their skin color does not love God and does not know God.

The matter of Sodomites is a matter of sin. Pray they repent before they are destroyed. I am told that less than 2% of all Sodomites live past the age of 62 years old. This is a clear indication of the curse that is upon those who indulge in this particular sin. It's very serious and our nation about to be destroyed because of it (and other sins such as the bloodshed of 50 million babies, the witchcraft / occultism that has permeated the land of America, the sins against Israel, the calling that which is good evil and that which is evil good )

So if a Christian man and Christian woman perform oral sex you would not perform their wedding?

That's a wedding I would go to.

It isn't a sin at all to be of a different race! It's perfectly fine and anyone who discriminates against another person because of their skin color does not love God and does not know God.
Your conception of sin is irrelevant to the law of thew land. Take your position and you won't have a leg to stand on when you want to fight the imposition of sharia law.

And yay! Another thread in which Sil repeats previously stated arguments as though somehow they will gain validity in a new thread. :lol:

All Sil did was add 'Texas' to the title of the thread b/c it mirrors the 9 other threads she has open on this exact same topic.

Last edited:

Nope. Race is a naturally-occurring phenomenon. Homosexuality is an anomoly, unrepresentative to the entire human race. There are also frogs born with three toes, and two-headed dogs.

Actually there is no such thing as a sodomite that was born a sodomite. I remember a young man I had known in my city who told me he was a homosexual - and then after we had spent some time talking about Jesus Christ he told me - you know, I was not born this way. I know I was not born this way. Of course I knew he was not born "that way".. no one is!

And none of that matters- because people can- and have been- discriminated against because of one of those labels.
People have been discriminated against for being blind and wanting to drive too. How come you didn't bring that up? Know why? Because you didn't want people to realize that gay sex doesn't meet the physical mechanics of father/mother marriage. And the "road accident victims" in that scenario would be the children systematically-deprived of a vital role model.

You never want to look at what gay-sex marriage does to kids do you? This is A BRAND NEW CONCEPT. And as such the people engaging in the behavior that ultimately harms children when they extend that "behavior as rights!", had better expect that the 'motor vehicles department' is going to have specific hurdles to meet the requirments...

Your conception of sin is irrelevant to the law of thew land. Take your position and you won't have a leg to stand on when you want to fight the imposition of sharia law.

My understanding of what sin is may be irrelevant to the laws of this land but my prayers are not irrelevant to the laws of this land. It is through prayer that God's hand is moved to action and laws are changed,wicked men are removed and others who are godly are raised up.

If God has to destroy America and wipe out every trace of wickedness in order to cleanse the land and redeem what is His then that is what He will have to do. I pray the LORD's will be done. Certainly I will not ask God to bless America in the place she is in right now!

Actually there is no such thing as a sodomite that was born a sodomite. I remember a young man I had known in my city who told me he was a homosexual - and then after we had spent some time talking about Jesus Christ he told me - you know, I was not born this way. I know I was not born this way. Of course I knew he was not born "that way".. no one is!
Just because one person is confused, does not prove that people aren't born that way.

People have been discriminated against for being blind and wanting to drive too. How come you didn't bring that up? .

Because no one has a right to drive.

I am glad to add the handicapped to my list- doesn't change it

Handicapped is not the same as Race.

In each case there are people who have been discriminated against due to one of those labels- its all discrimination- and in many states- just as illegal.

New Topics

Forum List

Back