Texas vs. California (Movin' on up or out?)

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
America as Texas vs. California: Who?s Moving Where Edition The Enterprise Blog

Texas’s low-cost, liberty-loving atmosphere has become an attractive alternative to California’s oppressive public sector and dysfunctional policy environment. No amount of heart-melting vistas, celebrity sightings, or traipses through wine country can make up for what almost appears a strategic attempt by one of the nation’s largest states to drive businesses and productive people away.

Thanks to an interesting interactive map at Forbes.com, we now can see some visual evidence of the trends we have been discussing. The map shows county migration in the United States in pictorial form. Black lines show inward migration to a county, and red lines show outward migration. The thicker the line, the higher the volume.

If we look at Harris County, Texas, where Houston is located, we can practically hear a giant sucking sound as the state’s largest city pulls people southward from the northeast, the Midwest, and elsewhere.

Holy cowburgers Detroit, you really suck hard. :( (It's like Mexico bad) I did my current hometown of Cincinnati, not great but the numbers are really to small to show a real trend.

Below is the link to the interactive map.
Map: Where Americans Are Moving - Forbes.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQSF1bFMsk]YouTube - Billy Joel - Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)[/ame]

Well, all too many of you are moving to Oregon. Look, just come and look at the scenery, leave your money, and go back home. Nice place to visit, but don't come here to live.

Been telling them that for 40 years. They just don't listen.

Well, all too many of you are moving to Oregon. Look, just come and look at the scenery, leave your money, and go back home. Nice place to visit, but don't come here to live.

And to Colorado too. In fact it's unbelievable--where we find the "BLUE EST" states losing business'es and citizens-- like it's a reverse of the old wagon train-- wild wild west--now moving to the interior of this country---:lol::lol::lol:

I guess that's what high taxes do--:cuckoo:

Maybe "liberals" will figure that one out--one day--:lol::lol:

Interesting pattern to the migrations. People moving out to New Hamphsire, TX, Colorado.

People moving in from all over Southern cal, NY, NJ.

All those immigrants voting dem, trashing the economy, and then moving on to the next place.

Ha!

This from a poster who's Mister Open Immigration, Mister I Love All Races.

Hey Old Rocks... what's the demographics of Oregon? Are you all actually over 100 percent white these days?

:razz:

Forum List

Back