Texas Used Stimulus to Cover 97% of Its Deficit in 2009

I agree on both parts. However, I also see a big problem with the fact that they were given a bail out to begin with.

I can understand that. I've made the point of this thread clear and glad we can agree on what I said. I know from personal experience, the former Governor of my state tried to take stimulus money that was directed towards the schools to try and fill the deficit. I just see it as examples of poor governing and those who knew there was a problem but kept it on the back burner should be ashamed of themselves.

First we said we wouldn't take it and then we did. Ricky boy is running for Pres so he will say anything. I am a conservative but lately I can't tell the difference, remember it is an election we are talking about where truth gets a little bent. Or it outright for sale.

texas made fun of my mom....

actually one could argue by using it to pay off debt, they kept jobs....one could argue, but that point you are making is a deflection on what the OP is referring too..
I know what the churlish OP is referring to, and he failed miserably with his diversion from the fact that the lie known as "stimulus" was just another bailout.

so its childish to point out hypocrisy and the fact that it was nothing more than rhetoric to please the base/teabags...

gotcha, if thats the case your little deflection is also childish.
im just using your argument here oddball.
And you don't think that there was possibly some pressure brought to bear from the legions of bureaucrats employed by the state in this situation?...You know, kinda-sorta behind-the-scenes-like?

And as far as the OP is concerned, this isn't my first trip to the rodeo...I can damned near hear "Texas took the moonnnneeey! Texas took the moonnnneeey! Texas took the moonnnneeey! Texas took the moonnnneeey!" in the background.

And as far as the OP is concerned, this isn't my first trip to the rodeo...I can damned near hear "Texas took the moonnnneeey! Texas took the moonnnneeey! Texas took the moonnnneeey! Texas took the moonnnneeey!" in the background.

I'm pretty sure I already made my point of this thread clear. If you want to continue to play psychoanalysis and pretend to know why I made this thread, knock yourself out.

Don't you know that Oddball knows EVERYTHING and isn't afraid to let you know.....unless you ask him for specifics and then he just ignores you.

I'm pretty sure I already made my point of this thread clear. If you want to continue to play psychoanalysis and pretend to know why I made this thread, knock yourself out.
Don't have to psychoanalyze anything.....Rick Perry caved in and you started a piss puddle of a neener-neener thread.

And the band played on.......

The truth can be inconvenient for some people. As for me...not surprised to see TX talking out both sides of their mouth....it's what they do best.

Truth is that there are no jobs and the "stimulus" was just a massive bailout for state bureaucracies.

That Texas got in on it is of little surprise.

But I suppose as long as the people lying out their asses to you have that (D) by their names, it's all good.

Last edited:
Don't have to psychoanalyze anything.....Rick Perry caved in and you started a piss puddle of a neener-neener thread.

And the band played on.......

Wrong again. Though I have to wonder why if you have such omnipotent abilities that you're wasting them on a message board. Perhaps a better venue would be a laboratory where you can go ahead and cure all diseases.

If they took the bailout but failed to learn how to balance the budget and reduce their spending so they don't need a bailout ever again, then what's the point? Bad behavior just got rewarded and no lesson was learned. And? They'll just do it again.

If they took the bailout but failed to learn how to balance the budget and reduce their spending so they don't need a bailout ever again, then what's the point? Bad behavior just got rewarded and no lesson was learned. And? They'll just do it again.
My bet is that this was just a little more insidious than that.

The highest likelihood is that a few goons from AFSCME, NEA/AFT and whatever state bureaucrat organizations there are, got together with Rick Perry and made him a "deal he couldn't refuse"....You know, take the bailout for their pension funds and their cushy paper-shuffling jobs, or they get on the horn to their rent-a-mobs and stage a little Athens-upon-Austin.

My bet is that this was just a little more insidious than that.

The highest likelihood is that a few goons from AFSCME, NEA/AFT and whatever state bureaucrat organizations there are, got together with Rick Perry and made him a "deal he couldn't refuse"....You know, take the bailout for their pension funds and their cushy paper-shuffling jobs, or they get on the horn to their rent-a-mobs and stage a little Athens-upon-Austin.

So do you have a link or are you just putting forth conspiracy theories?

Forum List

Back