Texas Used Junk Science to Restrict Abortion

Wrong answer, cornflake.

Get back to me when you have grown up enough to comment on the article.

Welcome to ignore. You're a run of the mill basic troll.

'After submission for peer review by scientists with the Center for Disease Control, the National Center for Health Statistics and other scientific institutions, his study was found to have “no value” and to be “based upon a priori beliefs rather than an objective review of the evidence.” The Board of Directors of the American Psychological Association, after review of all of the scientific literature, has determined that there are no scientific studies which support the existence of a “post abortion syndrome” as suggested by Dr. Rue (citations omitted).'

That those opposed to privacy rights seek to undermine the protected liberty of women with lies and contrivances should come as no surprise – as their arguments are devoid of logic and merit and have no basis in the law.

A human being begins with the first cellular replication. From that moment on, if ya don't fiddle with it it becomes a baby. Pro-abortion arguements are dependent upon temporal distinctions, that is, a glob of cells isn't a baby. True, but that arguement invites at what point does a glob turn into a baby? When it's out of the womb? What about fetuses born premature then? Those are babies too in their incubators, not fetuses any more, yet magically they WERE just 'fetuses' prior to being removed from the womb.

Instead of trying to justify the unjustifiable, killing your own baby by saying it's not a baby, it's a thing, how about we encourage people not to make babies in the first place if they can't have them or don't want to? Better education how babies get made, more birth control preventing pregnancies, and a demystification of sex and lessening of its taboo so we can take care of our reproductive systems without it being taboo simply to teach about it or seek medical care for it.

Should abortion be legal? Yes. Though for myself minus the lagl involvement, think it shouldn't be done for any but when carrying to term presents a healthrisk for the mother, or in the case of she was raped. Shouldn't be so elective and optional. But should remain legal nonetheless since sometimes it's better than forcing women to deliver then neglecting, murdering, or otherwise mistreating their children.

You have anything to say about the actual article?

You have anything to say about the actual article?

No. No new article is gonna change my mind. "Texas," and "junk science," vis a vis abortion doesn't excite me nor intrigue me I'm afraid. Kinda a 'ya no duh' reaction. :)

Well, then thanks for pontificating.

Simple moral question I answered for myself and any future pregnant lady-friend a long time ago. Wanna argue it endlessly for something to do ya need to watch more tv. :)

If we wouldn't support a mother's right to bash her newborn child's head against the hard cold floor because it's still physically attached to her via umbilical cord, then I don't see why we allow abortions. Seems something some of us are for simply because it's not overt and visible when the doc sticks a metallic probe inside and rips the baby apart to ooze out of the womb.

Did people think the aborted babies grabbed a hold of something and slid out and spent their lives ona farm in the country? No, they're being stabbed and ripped apart by some metal probe like instrument shoved inside. But somehow by controlling the terms we used and saying it's a 'pro choice' position is more palattable than a pro stabbing and ripping your baby apart position.

Once you learn and understand what it is you're supporting, you tend not to support so much any more. Wanna ban abortion? Show what happens with video of an actual abortion. Stills don't cut it.

It's fantastic to watch people desperately search for some type of moral high road after Texas got caught with what amounts to a lot of bullshit.

It's fantastic to watch people desperately search for some type of moral high road after Texas got caught with what amounts to a lot of bullshit.

I don't think anyone mistakes Texas for California or New York. But making their hyper-Christian, gun totin' redneck mystique into a gotcha moment is kind of redundant don't ya think? :) Like calling a Nazi intolerant. :)

I don't think anyone mistakes Texas for California or New York. But making their hyper-Christian, gun totin' redneck mystique into a gotcha moment is kind of redundant don't ya think? :) Like calling a Nazi intolerant. :)

It's junk science. When you have read the article, get back to me.

So I guess this means you wont be moving to Texas?
And just how many abortions have you had that this would be an issue with you?

So, I guess you are in favor of using junk science. That's been a problem in Texas for the past several years. Put a wrongly convicted man on death row and killed him.

Junk science!!! you must be kidding,so how junk is the science of the left when they try and keep themselves convinced that its anything but human that they are so willing to kill.
JUNK SCIENCE MY ASS!!
They don't even use common sense.

Junk science!!! you must be kidding,so how junk is the science of the left when they try and keep themselves convinced that its anything but human that they are so willing to kill.
JUNK SCIENCE MY ASS!!
They don't even use common sense.

Did you read the article?

Forum List

Back