Texas to execute Mexican killer today

The Constitution is supreme. States are obligated to follow the treaties entered into by the Federal government.

It's surprising you don't know that. (Well not really)

The United States government hasn't honored any of the Native American’s Land and/or Natural Resource Treaty’s. Why should they honor a foreign countries treaty? Foreign countries already treat Americans in their jails like shit. If you go to jail in a foreign country everyone knows you're S.O.L.

Obama is just trying to make it where the World Court trumps the United States courts.

Last edited:
Humberto Leal facing execution today

Humberto Leal is going to die for abducting a teenager killing her and leaving her naked body in a field. He held her captive and tortured, raped and beat her to a bloody pulp with a piece of asphalt then strangled the 16-year-old girl in 1994. I can just hear the illegal alien supporters saying, "Execute him now, why?" "What's the Hurry?" "Why NOW???"

The execution is set to take place in Huntsville, Texas. Come one come all and watch a "poor hard working illegal alien" go to sleep for one last time. He'll be on the bed with seat belts on the pillar in the middle of a tiny cool blue room. :clap2:

Last edited:
Humberto Leal Jr.
ALIVE e.V.
Voices From Inside

Hello,

my name is Humberto Leal Jr. and I am a death row prisoner. I have been in this sad and lonely place since 14 years now.
I am a Mexican. I was born in Monterrey Mexico in 1973. But raised in San Antonio. I understand both English and Spanish.
I really don’t know how much time I have here at Texas. The appeal process goes faster then other states.

I would like to write anyone who likes to correspond with me. Anyone who’s open minded likes to be friends. I’ll correspond with anyone. Young or not so young. Male or female.

I am looking for a friend. I like to. Anyone wishing to write pick up a pen and paper and send me a letter.

Thanks!

Peace

Tito

Just out of curiosity, does the president have the authority to issue a stay of execution?

In Texas?

In the USA.

He certainly has the authority to issue a presidential pardon which would stop any execution. Of course he wouldn't pardon a murdering rapist (I hope). But it would be interesting to know if he could simply issue an executive order of some kind to stop the execution.

Just out of curiosity, does the president have the authority to issue a stay of execution?

In Texas?

In the USA.

He certainly has the authority to issue a presidential pardon which would stop any execution. Of course he wouldn't pardon a murdering rapist (I hope). But it would be interesting to know if he could simply issue an executive order of some kind to stop the execution.

It would be a mess.

The Constitution is supreme. States are obligated to follow the treaties entered into by the Federal government.

No the Hierarchy goes:

(1) Constitution
(2) Federal Law - Treaties
(3) State Law
(4) Local-Municipal-City Law

There was a supreme court case the trumpt the state having to follow this part of the treaty!

"The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that the treaty was not binding on the states and that the president does not have the authority to order states to review cases of the then 51 foreign nationals on death row in the U.S."

Read more: White House Seeks Delay of Mexican Man's Execution as Supreme Court Mulls Case - FoxNews.com

And it has to be ratified by the Senate before states are required to follow it. moot point here soon. They had three years to get that done.

The President's authority resides with FEDERAL cases. A State's Governor may issue a stay of execution in a STATE Case.

But the President lacks that authority in a STATE Case.

I don't know the facts of the case, but the OP clearly referenced a UN Treaty, not a US Treaty. Could that be the difference?

Hmm..not sure..but clearly the President sees a legal issue here..and clearly there are some reciprocity issues. As a great many Americans travel in Mexico each year..personally I wouldn't want that to become a problem to them if they face legal challenges in that country.

Americans have always faced legal challenges in Mexico. There is no reciprocity on our side, never has been. They already allow criminals from here sanctuary there but demand that if one of ours does something there, they are handed over immediately, and our stupid government does it.

Notice to all Americans traveling in Mexico: Do not rape and murder any 16 year old girls.

Thank you.

When my Dad was in Mexico, while driving, another car hit his car. The guy who hit my dad's car, did it for insurance purposes..and accused my Dad, a professional race car driver, of causing the accident. After spending a night in jail my Father was allowed to contact the embassy and they contacted his father who was an ambassador at the time.

Who was able to secure the release of my father with all charges dropped.

Your father was lucky his father was an ambassador. Most Americans would have gone to jail, and they wouldn't get access to our embassy until AFTER they signed a confession.

It's an interesting states rights issue as well as a legal one. Humberto Garcia has been on Texas death row since 1994 when he was convicted of raping and killing a woman. He is a Mexican national and the president and the Secretary 'O State are citing a UN Treaty in order to try to spare his life. Governor Perry is determined to let the execution go through. Will president Barry call out the Troops to save this murderer's life and cause another Alamo standoff? The Feds don't have a case. The Supreme Court already ruled in a similar case in 2008 that states are not obligated to comply with UN treaties.

Just as they hit the "fry" button, I hope they blow a fuse so all he gets is a very painful jolt of electricity. Then I hope they change the fuse and fry his ass.

Forum List

Back