Texas to challenge US greenhouse gas rules

Id like to see more Attorney Generals start challenging the Federal Government's abuse of power.

Me too. But I'd like to see them challenge in an area not already ruled by the SCOTUS as legitimate. Where are they going to go? If they sue in federal court, the federal courts will defer to the SCOTUS ruling. I doubt very seriously that the current court will overrule themselves.

You guys don't pay attention very well. The SCOTUS has already ruled that congress has already given the EPA the authority to regulate greenhouse gases. So, EPA can't usurp a roll that congress has already assigned to it.

Yeah, Apparently all the lawyers and politicians involved in this case haven't taken the SCOTUS ruling into account. :rolleyes:

I wasn't referring to lawyers nor politicians. I was referring to your description of EPA 'trying to usurp the roll of congress'. Since the SCOTUS has affirmed that congress has already given EPA the authority to regulate greenhouse gases, how then, can EPA be 'trying to usurp the roll of congres'?

Must have been the "You guys" phrase that you choose to deploy, since only "one" guy said anything about the "trying to usurp the roll of congress"...... Personally my comment was directed at the feasibility of the suit brought in Texas being that I actually read the article linked and all.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume that when you said "You guys" you were referring to the voices in your head.

Bravo Texas!! The States have a lot more power than they know. They have been beaten down for so many years that they have lost their confidence in expressing their States' individual sovereignty and power. It's time to start expressing this power & sovereignty once again. The Federal Government is clueless and out of control. It's time for individual states to start looking out for their own people. God knows the Federal Government isn't. Go get em Texas!

This is really interesting, as the EPA is trying to usurp the roll of congress and create its own fines to force what 'cap & trade' is supposed to do.

UPDATE 1-Texas to challenge US greenhouse gas rules | Reuters

You guys don't pay attention very well. The SCOTUS has already ruled that congress has already given the EPA the authority to regulate greenhouse gases. So, EPA can't usurp a roll that congress has already assigned to it.
Perhaps you would care to show us this ruling.

This is really interesting, as the EPA is trying to usurp the roll of congress and create its own fines to force what 'cap & trade' is supposed to do.

UPDATE 1-Texas to challenge US greenhouse gas rules | Reuters

If I'm not mistaken he was referring to this one Xenophon,

Massachusetts, et al. v. Environmental Protection Agency, 05-1120 - FindLaw US Supreme Court Center

Individual States need to start looking out for the welfare of their own people and forget about the Federal Government. The Federal Government is corrupt and inept. Individual States need to stand up like this more often. The Federal Government doesn't always have your state's best interests at heart.

Massachusetts, et al. v. Environmental Protection Agency, 05-1120 - FindLaw US Supreme Court Center
That ruling would not cover the current case, if its what he refers to, his argument is null and void.

Congress has NEVER ceded its authority to any agency in the way discribed, simply because they cannot, it would be unconstitutional.

That ruling would not cover the current case, if its what he refers to, his argument is null and void.

Congress has NEVER ceded its authority to any agency in the way discribed, simply because they cannot, it would be unconstitutional.

Unfortunately Congress does it all the time, e.g. The Federal Reserve.

Unfortunately Congress does it all the time, e.g. The Federal Reserve.
Touche'.

Forum List

Back