Texas Teen Flushes Newborn

In this day and age of where anything goes dont parents have the balls to teach their kids about sex? Or hell...What with all the blogging and internet talk along with crackberry addiction one would think they would know how to converse with there kids.

That and they should reconsider teaching abstinence only in school.

They need to show these kids of what gaunaria, cyphillis and climitia (spelling?) look like. Tell them that sex happens, but here are some of the results. Show them a lady giving birth. (Nasty business)...

That and they should reconsider teaching abstinence only in school.

I have two grown children and NEVER did ANY of the schools that they attended, did they teach 'abstinence only'. And we moved around to many different states.

In fact I am getting a little tired of the 'which flavored comdoms do you want to choose' lectures at schools or the 'here are alll the lovely sexual position you can choose from if you are gay'..

If they just kept it to 'this is how a baby is made' and 'an std is a possible consequence of your choice to have unprotected sex 'would be enough for me.

TALLAHASSEE - Some Florida teens believe drinking Mountain Dew or smoking marijuana will prevent pregnancy and that swallowing a capful of bleach will prevent HIV/AIDS. One reason those dangerous myths have spread is the state's reliance on abstinence-only sex education, say advocates of a bill to require a more comprehensive approach in Florida's schools.

The measure narrowly won approval from a Senate committee Tuesday. Under the bill, schools would still be required to teach abstinence as the only sure way to prevent unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted disease, but they would have to teach more about sex. It would require, for example, teaching about condoms and other methods of birth control and disease prevention.

The bill's chances, though, remain slim with the annual 60-day legislative session half over. The bill would have to clear three more committees before getting a Senate floor vote. The House version has yet to get a committee hearing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/legislature/sfl-flfsex0402sbapr02,0,6545864.story

They need to show these kids of what gaunaria, cyphillis and climitia (spelling?) look like. Tell them that sex happens, but here are some of the results. Show them a lady giving birth. (Nasty business)...

thats the kind of sex ed I had in jr high.. graphic images of stds and the miricle of life video...

mr yuk

abstinance only programs are an example of the hazards of christianity imposed on the population.

TALLAHASSEE - Some Florida teens believe drinking Mountain Dew or smoking marijuana will prevent pregnancy and that swallowing a capful of bleach will prevent HIV/AIDS. One reason those dangerous myths have spread is the state's reliance on abstinence-only sex education, say advocates of a bill to require a more comprehensive approach in Florida's schools.

The measure narrowly won approval from a Senate committee Tuesday. Under the bill, schools would still be required to teach abstinence as the only sure way to prevent unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted disease, but they would have to teach more about sex. It would require, for example, teaching about condoms and other methods of birth control and disease prevention.

The bill's chances, though, remain slim with the annual 60-day legislative session half over. The bill would have to clear three more committees before getting a Senate floor vote. The House version has yet to get a committee hearing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/legislature/sfl-flfsex0402sbapr02,0,6545864.story

Yeah, I've heard a thimble of cyanide will keep you from getting pregnant too. Where do these kids get this crap?

Yeah, I've heard a thimble of cyanide will keep you from getting pregnant too. Where do these kids get this crap?

any source that sounds half concievable (HA!) to a desperate kid looking for info that they are not being given while living at the peak of their sexuality?

read about historic birth control methods and tell me that humanity, not just sinning teens, have been looking to thwart pregnancy since recorded history.

in the days of old when knights were bold and rubbers weren't invented;
they tied a sock around their cock and babies were prevented.

not really.. but hey..

Oh I agree with you completely, it just amazes me the stuff that people come up. I know the middle ages is nowhere near short of coming up with a multitude of methods for different things.

Forum List

Back