Texas Tea Party Candidate a Truther!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NYcarbineer, Feb 12, 2010.

1. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,410
    Debra Medina, the Tea Party activist who has been polling strong in the Texas Republican gubernatorial primary, appears to have just gotten herself in some serious political trouble -- indicating during an appearance on Glenn Beck's radio show that she could potentially be a 9/11 Truther, or is at least open to the idea that 9/11 was an inside job by the government.

...After the interview, Beck then ruled out any idea of supporting Medina. "I think I can write her off the list," said Beck, also adding: "Let me take another look at Kay Bailey Hutchison if I have to. Rick [Perry], I think you and I could French kiss right now."

Too crazy for Glen Beck. She should make that her campaign slogan.

TX-GOV Candidate Medina: 'Very Good Questions Have Been Raised' About 9/11 | TPMDC

2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    And she's done.

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Kinky is not running? I like that guys style, or lack thereof ;)

4. TheSuaveOne

TheSuaveOne Man without a party

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    link

What a nice bit of follow up but this journalist. Guess he had to rush to get this on the web to try and scoop everyone else. Too bad AP actually reported the whole story.

That being said, she's done.

-TSO

5. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    Friedman 2012

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Interesting that your heading is a statement and the story is that she MAY be. Are you a journalist?

7. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Actually, she just gave a piss poor reply, I don't see why Beck even asked her, I have been following that race pretty close and I never once saw 9-11 truther crap being attached to her, anyway, here is her reply on her website, those who have their minds already made up about her prior to this, I doubt will change, those undecided hopefully will still consider her though for Governor against Perry and Hutchinson.

Medina Campaign Responds to Glenn Beck Interview
    by Debra Medina on Feb 11, 2010

I was asked a question on the Glenn Beck show today regarding my thoughts on the so-called 9/11 truth movement. I have never been involved with the 9/11 truth movement, and there is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings on 9/11. I have not seen any evidence nor have I ever believed that our government was involved or directed those individuals in any way. No one can deny that the events on 9/11 were a tragedy for all Americans and especially those families who lost loved ones.

The question surprised me because it's not relevant to this race or the issues facing Texans. This campaign has always been about private property rights and state sovereignty. It is focused on the issues facing Texans. It is not a vehicle for the 9-11 truth movement or any other group.

The real underlying question here, though, is whether or not people have the right to question our government. I think the fact that people are even asking questions on this level gets to the incredible distrust career politicians have fostered by so clearly taking their direction from special interests instead of the people, whether it's Rick Perry and his HPV mandate or Kay Hutchison and voting for the bank bailout. It is absolutely the right and duty of a free people to question their government. Texas does not need another politician who tells you what you want to hear, then violates your liberties and steals your property anyway. I fully expect to be questioned and to be held accountable as Governor, and that's the underlying issue here: should people be questioning their government. And the answer is yes, they should be.
    Debra Medina for Texas Governor | Single Post

8. Vast LWC

Vast LWC <-Mohammed

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +871
    Priceless.

Endless conspiracy theories being pushed by the Tea Party pushers on FoxNews...

and then people are surprised when one of them moves to the next logical step in crazy conspiracy theories.

Maybe it's time for Glenn Beck to turn off "the crazy" for a bit...

Though I know it'll never happen. Turning "the crazy" up to 11 is what gets him the ratings.

9. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,410
    Some say her supporters may be more likely to go to Hutchison than Perry.

10. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Perry should lose, and I hope he does.