Texas suffers the most severe drought in 100 years

So there was Global Warming 100 years ago too. Wow. There were no cars and maybe 2 factories in all of Texas at the time.

Like I said the anomalies either get larger with there scale or more extreme(deeper or higher above the norm). These events will occur more often as a large part of the planet is under them and more of a chance of droughts and heat waves.

Of course Texas had heat waves 100 years ago.

Last edited:
Matthew said:
It is colder then shit this year and this is occurring. Interesting.
Yup...... EXCEPT FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS it has been quite cool here also!!

The last 2 weeks have been hotter than anything!! (Last 2 days are a bit cooler thankfully)

HOUSTON, June 14 (UPI) -- The most severe Texas drought in more than 100 years is curtailing efforts to coax natural gas out of Eagle Ford shale deposits, an administrator said.

Water management officials in Texas are advising residents to limit water use. Energy companies are trying to buy water from farmers and other areas to continue working in the state.

Exxon Mobile has been recycling fluid used in the hydraulic fracturing of Eagle Ford shale. The process, known as fracking, uses high-pressure water mixed with chemicals and abrasives to crack rock deposits to release trapped natural gas and oil.

Shale in the Eagle Ford deposits requires much more water to fracture than other U.S. shale deposits. One well in the Eagle Ford deposit requires 13 million gallons of water, enough for more than 200 people for a year, Bloomberg News reports.

U.S. drought monitors put 94 percent of Texas in some state of drought as of June 7. The National Weather Service predicts precipitation amounts will remain less than average for much of the month.

Texas drought hurts fracking campaign - UPI.com

All just liberal media hype.

Actually it has been very cool in Texas for the last year. Ask Rushbo. It is just that people 'feel' hot. Probably all het up about the Libruls.

For some states, such as Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas, the heat wave was more of a continuation of the intense heat and drought conditions they have already experienced so far this summer. The heat wave pushed some places across the finish line and into record territory, but intense heat is still ongoing in much of this region.

• Fort Smith, Arkansas has set a new record for the greatest number of consecutive 100 F days, with 20 through July 24.

• As of Sunday, the 23 days in a row with 100 F heat or greater in Dallas/Ft. Worth stood at number five on that city’s all-time list of 100-degree streaks.

• San Angelo, Texas has already had 58 100-degree days, which is ranked number 3 of all-time.

• Abilene has had 44 days this year with highs of 100 F or greater, and as of yesterday only needed two more such days to tie its all-time record, set in 1934.

• Amarillo, Texas, has set a new record for the greatest number of 100-degree days in a calendar year, with 28 such days through July 23rd.

• In Wichita, KS the average high temperature so far this summer is 101.2 F, which ranks 3rd on the list of all-time warmest summers.

Heat wave 2011: humidity the stunning hallmark - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post

You don't really believe all this liberal media hype do ya?

I know.

Fox in particular was completely kooky about what is happening.

I mean, people are dying, livelihoods are being ruined, and it is the red states that are suffering the most.

You would think that Fox would be sympathetic.

You don't really believe all this liberal media hype do ya?

I know.

I mean, people are dying, livelihoods are being ruined, and it is the red states that are suffering the most.

Oh well they are on their own, that is the Tea Party way.

How long before Rick Perry asks for federal aid?

I know.

As long as he can hold out, he understands the political implications in that area.

people are refusing to sell water to the oil companies.....there are still sane people in texas....

i feel sorry for anyone experiencing a drought...water is an element of survival

Yet suggest desalination plants to them, and they go ape. To expensive they say. Well, you don't build a plant over night, so they have no quick fix. Maybe they need to drive their cattle to the rio grande.

I know.

As long as there is an Indian that can do the rain dance, he ain't calling.......LOL!

I find it interesting. All that oil & not a drop of water.

Desal Palnts are sxpensive to build and to operate.
Vast amounts of energy is needed.

Yeah, you would need tax dollars and time to build the plants & energy sources, huh? And that would drive off all the working class, so a catch 22 in Texas. CA will be the next state to fuck up in the planning. Arizona is having massive dust storms.

AZ? I thought that AZ would be fine since Palin moved there?

Are you sure? I can't imagine anyone giving up that place in Alaska for Arizona. Who knows, maybe McCain did more on the campaign trail than they are talking about?

AZ? I thought that AZ would be fine since Palin moved there?

Are you sure? I can't imagine anyone giving up that place in Alaska for Arizona. Who knows, maybe McCain did more on the campaign trail than they are talking about?

Sure? I am not sure that anyone is sure about anything Palin.
Of course the most devout Palintologists tend to be sure about everything.

Last edited:
And with all the droning from Chris and the liberal punditry from US citizen the simple fact that it took over 100 years to break the previous record is lost on the AGW true believers.

Think about it for a minute. The claim is that man is adding CO2 to the atmosphere at an ever increasing rate. Why then did it take 100 years to break these records? Additionally, what caused the previous record if it wasn't CO2?

I know, it's hard, but try and think about it.

Forum List

Back