Texas should stop supplying L.A. with gas

CA is already bankrupt - this idea to boycott AZ is going to come back and bite them on their arrogant arse!!!

Los Angeles alone:

(Reuters) - Los Angeles, the second-largest city in the United States, is confronting a mounting budget deficit that threatens to force thousands of job cuts, deplete its fiscal reserve and further damage its credit rating.

The $212 million budget shortfall, projected to more than double next year, is attributed mainly to plunging tax revenue blamed on the region's sagging economy, falling property values and a 15 percent jobless rate -- one of the highest of any major U.S. city.

L.A. budget crisis threatens jobs, credit rating | Reuters

Kalifornia:

(Reuters) - California's main debt rating was cut on Wednesday by Standard & Poor's, which said the government of the most populous U.S. state could nearly run out of cash in March -- and another rating cut might follow.

The state government's budget gap of nearly $20 billion over the next year and a half leaves it in a precarious situation, requiring tax increases or spending cuts, either of which may slow economic recovery,

California debt rating cut as cash crunch looms | Reuters

Where did you get your $18b. figure for Texas? I found $12b.

Los Angeles alone:

(Reuters) - Los Angeles, the second-largest city in the United States, is confronting a mounting budget deficit that threatens to force thousands of job cuts, deplete its fiscal reserve and further damage its credit rating.

The $212 million budget shortfall, projected to more than double next year, is attributed mainly to plunging tax revenue blamed on the region's sagging economy, falling property values and a 15 percent jobless rate -- one of the highest of any major U.S. city.

Kalifornia:

(Reuters) - California's main debt rating was cut on Wednesday by Standard & Poor's, which said the government of the most populous U.S. state could nearly run out of cash in March -- and another rating cut might follow.

The state government's budget gap of nearly $20 billion over the next year and a half leaves it in a precarious situation, requiring tax increases or spending cuts, either of which may slow economic recovery,

I gave a link to the info fool

Los Angeles alone:

Kalifornia:

I gave a link to the info fool

That's where I thought you did. El problemo idiot. That is projected in NEXT YEAR'S budget if you actually read it.

I don't know if CA even gets gasoline from TX. The CA legislature requires a special formulation that is used only in CA. When we've had refinery problems here - gasoline prices have shot through the roof because we couldn't source from other states.

I hope all the illegals exiting AZ go to Cali.

They can then suck off the Social Services, Schools etc of Cali.

If Cali ain't broke yet, it soon will be.

Go AZ

Does Arizona not control a good share of the electricity generated by Hoover Dam?

Hmmmm...:eusa_think:

Generators at the Dam's Hoover Powerplant began transmission of electricity from the Colorado River to Los Angeles, California 266 miles (428 km) away on October 26, 1936. Additional generating units were added through 1961. Original plans called for 16 large generators, 8 on each side of the river (see architectural illustrations) but two smaller generators were installed instead of one of the large ones on the Arizona side, for a total of 17. The smaller generators were used to serve smaller municipalities at a time when the output of each generator was dedicated to a municipality, before the dam's total power output was placed on the grid and made arbitrarily distributable.

Hoover Dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Palo Verde 500 kV switchyard is a key point in the western states power grid, and is used as a reference point in the pricing of electricity across the southwest United States. Many 500 kV power lines from companies like Southern California Edison and San Diego Gas & Electric send power generated at the plant to Los Angeles and San Diego via Path 46, respectively. In addition, due to both the strategic interconnections of the substation and the large size of the generating station, the Western Electricity Coordinating Council considers a simultaneous loss of 2 of the 3 units the worst case contingency for system stability.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palo_Verde_Nuclear_Generating_Station

Lets also not forget that US Airways headquaters is in Phoenix and i'm pretty sure that LA does not to boycott all flights into and out of LAX and SFO. These boycotts tend to be more for the local poltical scene and especially when it comes to cities like LA that have many problems. If it came down to it, any shortfalls in Arizona budget could easily be made up in power generation we supply to California in wind, solar, hydro, and nuclear.

BTW, when the council issue that, they mentioned legal would have to make sure they could break the contracts. Posturing plain and simple. Thought I'd wait a while for that one. The thread was going so well.

Last edited:
This is all so very very silly...L.A. council silly, S.F. council silly.

I completely agree, while it's one thing to come out and disagree with Arizona's law and even to stand in the streets and shout out loud, it's another thing to use the office of another states city to make these stands. It's just my opinion here but I would like to think that with all of L.A.s problems and S.F.s problems budget wise, teacher wise, schools, services, you name it, they would have more pressing issues to focus on rather than trying to get another state to change it's laws.

Does Arizona not control a good share of the electricity generated by Hoover Dam?

Hmmmm...:eusa_think:

The Federal Government owns the Hoover Dam, which is only right, since they built it.

The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, a bureau within the United States Department of Interior, owns the Hoover Dam and its facilities. U.S. 93 uses the top of the Hoover Dam to cross the Colorado River.

Hoover Dam Bypass

Oh, and there's plenty of sources for gas in the world. Texas can do what it wants, but LA can certainly just get it's fuel elsewhere.

Forum List

Back