Texas Scores a "D"

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Last week, the conservative-leaning Thomas B. Fordham Institute issued its annual report card on the state of history instruction in US public schools. The group gave Texas a near-failing grade of "D" on its history curriculum, almost accusing the Texas Board of Education of educational malpractice for the ideologically-saturated drivel that five million Texas school children are now forced to endure after controversial social study standards were adopted by the religious right-dominated Board last year.

The report notes, for example, that the leaders of the State Board of Education made no secret of their evangelical Christian right wing biases or their determination to "inculcate biblical principles, patriotic values, and American exceptionalism" into the regular public school day.

The result, says the Institute, is a "confusing, un-teachable hodgepodge."

Specifically, the Fordham Institute says the heavily politicized document "distorts or suppresses" those "less triumphal" chapters in American history that the Board deemed "politically unacceptable," such as slavery and segregation, while "Biblical influences on America's founding are exaggerated, if not invented."

The complicated but "undeniable" history of separation between church and state, says Fordham, "is flatly dismissed."

Texas Scores "D" on Right Wing History Standards - Ted Frier - Open Salon

Last week, the conservative-leaning Thomas B. Fordham Institute issued its annual report card on the state of history instruction in US public schools. The group gave Texas a near-failing grade of "D" on its history curriculum, almost accusing the Texas Board of Education of educational malpractice for the ideologically-saturated drivel that five million Texas school children are now forced to endure after controversial social study standards were adopted by the religious right-dominated Board last year.

The report notes, for example, that the leaders of the State Board of Education made no secret of their evangelical Christian right wing biases or their determination to "inculcate biblical principles, patriotic values, and American exceptionalism" into the regular public school day.

Specifically, the Fordham Institute says the heavily politicized document "distorts or suppresses" those "less triumphal" chapters in American history that the Board deemed "politically unacceptable," such as slavery and segregation, while "Biblical influences on America's founding are exaggerated, if not invented."

The complicated but "undeniable" history of separation between church and state, says Fordham, "is flatly dismissed."

The leftwing has stocked K12 schools with drivel for decades - yanking Mark Twain off the shelves, deleting study of "dead white males" like George Washington in favor of obscure black people, putting gay propaganda in little kids' books, buying anti-american revisionist history books, etc etc.

The leftwing has stocked K12 schools with drivel for decades - yanking Mark Twain off the shelves, deleting study of "dead white males" like George Washington in favor of obscure black people, putting gay propaganda in little kids' books, buying anti-american revisionist history books, etc etc.

Pardon us for being inclusive. Despite what you may think, this isn't just your country. You make me sick. :puke:

Pardon us for being inclusive. Despite what you may think, this isn't just your country. You make me sick. :puke:
Of course it makes you sick........Whenever somebody points out the damage liberal scum are doing, you people can't take it, and get sick.....Nothing new there.

Pardon us for being inclusive. Despite what you may think, this isn't just your country. You make me sick.

Avtually, it's not yours - you leftwingers want to destroy it with your anti-white racism, your ecofascism, your statism, your healthcare rationing and death panels, your Abortion Holocaust, your illegal alien invasion, your homosexual agenda, your suppression of free speech and religion, your hatred of the rule of law and democracy and destruction of the constitution.

Leftwingers "include" fiction in history books. Leftwingers view their captive school audience as mainly an opportunity for ideological brainwashing. At the same time, the overpaid government school drones produce results which are behind most industrialized countries in international tests. The whole government school system, rotten and corrupt to its core, needs to be given a mercy killing, and a universal privatized system set up.

Funny thing is, I was watching ESPN the other day.....They were interviewing this new college football recruit from DC, I believe he was going to attend Rutgers.......They were having a lil' quiz with him. They put up a picture of Kanye West, he sure as as hell knew he was. They put up a picture of Thomas Jefferson, he looked dumfounded, and said "I don't know, is it George Washington Carver?"

Yep, welcome to the world of liberal public school education.

Funny thing is, I was watching ESPN the other day.....They were interviewing this new college football recruit from DC, I believe he was going to attend Rutgers.......They were having a lil' quiz with him. They put up a picture of Kanye West, he sure as as hell knew he was. They put up a picture of Thomas Jefferson, he looked dumfounded, and said "I don't know, is it George Washington Carver?"

I've seen lots of that. Eg, one night Jay Leno had a video of himself walking around Burbank and asking high school age students questions, eg "On what continent is France?" Answer: asia. "What century did world war two occur in?" Answer: the 17th century.

Shades of the past reappearing again.
Deutsches Jungvolk
Hitler Jugend
Jungmadelbund
Bund Deutscher Madel
Do we not learn from history? Are we doomed to repeat the errors of the past? Hard times are ahead and it is during hard times that oppressive measures are enacted in the name of ideaology.

Novel idea: Get your fucking politics out of the education system.

*By 'politics', I mean both sides. Stop fucking with educating children for your ideological bullshit.*

I've seen lots of that. Eg, one night Jay Leno had a video of himself walking around Burbank and asking high school age students questions, eg "On what continent is France?" Answer: asia. "What century did world war two occur in?" Answer: the 17th century.

Why are you surprised? According to the CONS only sanitized American history is important. BTW, do you really think he was walking around looking for the smart students?

Why are you surprised? According to the CONS only sanitized American history is important. BTW, do you really think he was walking around looking for the smart students?
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Why are you surprised? According to the CONS only sanitized American history is important.

Non-sanitized education is not knowing france is in europe? :lmao:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back