Texas school board to rewrite history

"Handful of nut jobs?"

I believe it's a pretty accurate example of what the Republican Party has become in this nation.

Because 11 in 12 college professors voted for Obama and only 6% of scientists are Republicans, they feel "liberals" are "out of step" with America. The truth is, it's the Republicans who are "out of step". The educated vote against the Republicans because they understand that the party has no moderates. It's just a right wing radical lynch mob.

And the idiot broken record continues to skip over and over........... lemming.
In the meantime, they and their kids work for us.

:lol::lol::lol: So true, I owe ya rep, whatever that means.:lol:

Christopher Columbus discovering the Americas and Ronald Reagan winning the Cold War will no longer be ignored in our schools.

Yeah, you can teach these two examples all you want, but it won't make them true or accurate... You want your kid to believe lies? Like they teach in China that Tiananmen Square didn't happen? Sounds like brainwashing to me... Can you say "indoctrination" boys and girls?
Your ancestors didn't discover the new world because they didn't have the brains to document it historically. To them, they were just following the Mammoth Turd trail for a long walk.

As long as they don't try to infect my kids with such nonsense. Besides, people who hamstring their children in such a way, ensures those children will be out of the market as far as competition. And we will always need unskilled labor.

I'm 100% OK with that as long as you are willing to do the same for the children of other parents.

Which is why they have home schooling. If you don't like "science", keep your kids at home where you can guarantee they stay stupid and will never be able to compete. They'll love you for it.
Not everyone who home schools is a Christian.

I'm 100% OK with that as long as you are willing to do the same for the children of other parents.

Which is why they have home schooling. If you don't like "science", keep your kids at home where you can guarantee they stay stupid and will never be able to compete. They'll love you for it.
Not everyone who home schools is a Christian.

Creationism vs Evolution Offered in Most Home School Textbooks | NowPublic News Coverage

Federal statistics show 83% of parents home schooling their children want moral and religious instruction included in the home school curriculum, the majority of whom identify as Evangelical Christians, pitting creationism against evolution.

Your ancestors didn't discover the new world because they didn't have the brains to document it historically. To them, they were just following the Mammoth Turd trail for a long walk.

They didn't "discover" it because they were already HERE when Columbus arrived. And you must have been brainwashed by one of those "conservative" textbooks. The cherokee devised the first written alphabet of the tribes and by the 1800's, 90% were literate in their own language. And they did document it. In stories and art. Dumb neocons.

Cherokee Language and the Cherokee Indian Tribe (Tsalagi, Tsa-la-gi, Aniyunwiya, Chalaque, Cheroqui)
Cherokee Nation

And by the way, the Chinese and vikings found their way here well before Columbus did.

Well said.

Well said???? How can you agree with something so stupid?

Just this one comment deserves a double bitch slap:

"Personally I'm against most "science" classes and find them unnecessary unless the student feels that they want to pursue a career in science or medicine."

Primary and secondary education are supposed to build a foundation so you can, if you want, go to college for a "higher" education. Refusing to teach portions of science because it interferes with "mystical teachings" is deplorable and certainly a way to hamstring children.

If children aren't exposed to science, how would they know if they want to pursue a career in "science or medicine".

And even worse, if science is left out of school curriculums, then students may grow up feeling there is "something wrong" with it, and that would be the most damaging of all.

So right wingers, if you don't like science being taught and want to indoctrinate your children in the occult, if you want to make sure they will only be suitable for unskilled labor, go down that path, but please, keep them at home. We don't want the other children infected.

First, I said "most science classes" not "science" as a whole. I also said that I don't mind science being taught providing that it can be done so in a way that doesn't pin one ideology or religion or lack of one on kids. Remember, as far as I know the Big Bang Theory is just that, still a theory and it should be taught as such, just like the creationism theory. Darwinism is a theory, it has merits, it should be taught as such. Second, I'm interested in pursuing psychology in college once I get the assistance from the Armed Services and the GI Bill I need to pay for it. Up until 11th grade I never took a class in psychology and the class I took was optional, and I took it simply because I knew that was the career field I would eventually want to go into. You don't have to teach 5th graders about the big bang theory or creationism for them to want to be doctors.

Uptown, the word theory in science has a whole differant meaning than the word theory in layman parlance. It is a broad overarching explanation of a natural phenomena, supported by laws, facts, observations, and experiments. It must be constructed in such a fashion that it can be falsified.

Christopher Columbus discovering the Americas and Ronald Reagan winning the Cold War will no longer be ignored in our schools.

Yeah, you can teach these two examples all you want, but it won't make them true or accurate... You want your kid to believe lies? Like they teach in China that Tiananmen Square didn't happen? Sounds like brainwashing to me... Can you say "indoctrination" boys and girls?

Real fucking dumb.

At the time the Europeans stated invading North America, there were tribes that were in the paleolithic, and cultures that knew more of astronomy than did the Europeans of the time.

The Chinook traded up and down the coast from the Aleutians to Baja California.

And the last really tribal society in Europe was only wiped out 150 years earlier than the last major Indian war.

Had we accepted the Native Americans as fellow human beings, and respected their lives, perhaps we would not have the dark stain of two centuries of genocide on our nation.

They didn't "discover" it because they were already HERE when Columbus arrived. And you must have been brainwashed by one of those "conservative" textbooks. The cherokee devised the first written alphabet of the tribes and by the 1800's, 90% were literate in their own language. And they did document it. In stories and art. Dumb neocons.

Cherokee Language and the Cherokee Indian Tribe (Tsalagi, Tsa-la-gi, Aniyunwiya, Chalaque, Cheroqui)
Cherokee Nation

And by the way, the Chinese and vikings found their way here well before Columbus did.
Again, where is the documentation? There is a reason why white men from Europe ruled the world. They documented their travels and educated the aborigines.

Last edited:

Real fucking dumb.

At the time the Europeans stated invading North America, there were tribes that were in the paleolithic, and cultures that knew more of astronomy than did the Europeans of the time.

The Chinook traded up and down the coast from the Aleutians to Baja California.

And the last really tribal society in Europe was only wiped out 150 years earlier than the last major Indian war.

Had we accepted the Native Americans as fellow human beings, and respected their lives, perhaps we would not have the dark stain of two centuries of genocide on our nation.
Invading? It's called it discovering when the people doing it are educated and civilized. Once again you're the product of liberal eduction, which is more like indoctrination to hate anything white and European. BTW...Aboriginal Americans is the more correct term, not Native Americans. I was born in Kansas. I'm a native American that doesn't go woo woo woo woo.

Invading? It's called it discovering when the people doing it are educated and civilized. Once again you're the product of liberal eduction, which is more like indoctrination to hate anything white and European. BTW...Aboriginal Americans is the more correct term, not Native Americans. I was born in Kansas. I'm a native American that doesn't go woo woo woo woo.

Does being that ignorant hurt, or does it truly create its own form of "bliss"? Please tell me you are not an educator. So I take it that you don't consider what the colonists (aka INVADERS) inflict on the NATIVE AMERICANS as genocide? You are not a Native American unless you have tribal blood. You are the son of immigrants who were, indeed, invaders.

invader

Main Entry: in·vade
Pronunciation: \in-ˈvād\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): in·vad·ed; in·vad·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin invadere, from in- + vadere to go — more at wade
Date: 15th century
1 : to enter for conquest or plunder
2 : to encroach upon : infringe
3 a : to spread over or into as if invading : permeate <doubts invade his mind> b : to affect injuriously and progressively <gangrene invades healthy tissue>
synonyms see trespass

&#8212; in·vad·er noun

Last edited:
Difficult for me to believe that with references to Gawd in practically every major speech, in prayers before congress, in swearing in our Presidents, and "In God We Trust" writ large upon our currency, that the USA was "never intended to be a christian nation."

Ceremonially this nation respects certain traditions that originate from a specific religion. Does that mean we have the right to indoctrinate children with a set of religious beliefs? No. That means we have certain protocol that we've been following for years that keeps shit running.

Yes I agree.

But, when you reference "certain traditions" you're talking about Christianity.

This is in difference with the statement:

As for the issue of history goes, this was never intended to be a christian nation.

Clearly, the USA was never imagined to be anything BUT a Christian Nation.

And when there is a seperation between "Church and State," the church that was being referenced was a Christian church (unless there were a prevalence of Jews, Muslims, etc among the colonists of which no one was aware).

Yes. I'll clarify my position, here. My problem is far less someone swearing on a Bible or "in god we trust" being on door of courtrooms. My problem is when the "tradition" translates into "law" which force themselves on the general population.

Again...where is the documentation? If you didn't write it down, name it and it didn't catch on, it never happened. Another tribe just following the trail of mammoth turds.

Wow. I think you need to change your avatar name to *BELOW*AvgGuyIA

"On each of his 8 voyages, Zheng He kept a detailed logbook and made many nautical charts which were later collected in what was called Zheng He's Nautical Charts, which was the first of its kind in the world. From this we can say that China in those days probably led the world in the technology of ship-building and the science of navigation."

Chinese history - The Ming Dynasty ( AD 1368-1644 ) Zheng He and His voyages

Again...where is the documentation? If you didn't write it down, name it and it didn't catch on, it never happened. Another tribe just following the trail of mammoth turds.

Wow. I think you need to change your avatar name to *BELOW*AvgGuyIA

"On each of his 8 voyages, Zheng He kept a detailed logbook and made many nautical charts which were later collected in what was called Zheng He's Nautical Charts, which was the first of its kind in the world. From this we can say that China in those days probably led the world in the technology of ship-building and the science of navigation."

Chinese history - The Ming Dynasty ( AD 1368-1644 ) Zheng He and His voyages

probably ?

Does being that ignorant hurt, or does it truly create its own form of "bliss"? Please tell me you are not an educator. So I take it that you don't consider what the colonists (aka INVADERS) inflict on the NATIVE AMERICANS as genocide? You are not a Native American unless you have tribal blood. You are the son of immigrants who were, indeed, invaders.

invader

Main Entry: in·vade
Pronunciation: \in-&#712;v&#257;d\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): in·vad·ed; in·vad·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin invadere, from in- + vadere to go — more at wade
Date: 15th century
1 : to enter for conquest or plunder
2 : to encroach upon : infringe
3 a : to spread over or into as if invading : permeate <doubts invade his mind> b : to affect injuriously and progressively <gangrene invades healthy tissue>
synonyms see trespass

— in·vad·er noun
You're aboriginal American...if you're born here, you're native American. And we didn't invade; we discovered. For the record, I'll give you the "Trail of Tears" as a sad period of our history. Funny that it was a Democrat who orchestrated that.

Forum List

Back