Texas school board to rewrite history

Texas Conservatives Win Vote on Textbook Standards - NYTimes.com

In recent years, board members have been locked in an ideological battle between a bloc of conservatives who question Darwin’s theory of evolution and believe the Founding Fathers were guided by Christian principles, and a handful of Democrats and moderate Republicans who have fought to preserve the teaching of Darwinism and the separation of church and state.

I especially find this comment ridiculous
“History has already been skewed. Academia is skewed too far to the left.”

Hmm, ever think that its not being skewed at all, its just that reality is more liberal. It's absurd to change history to suit politics, what a stupid stupid move IMO, but it is Texas,.

Republicans don't like science.

Too many facts.

In recent years, board members have been locked in an ideological battle between a bloc of conservatives who question Darwin’s theory of evolution and believe the Founding Fathers were guided by Christian principles, and a handful of Democrats and moderate Republicans who have fought to preserve the teaching of Darwinism and the separation of church and state.

Hmm, ever think that its not being skewed at all, its just that reality is more liberal. It's absurd to change history to suit politics, what a stupid stupid move IMO, but it is Texas,.

Republicans don't like science.

Too many facts.

Really? I didn't know that. so.....

when did you become a republican?

Absolute LIES by a Liberal of course. Texas is not changing History at all. They are insisting that certain things be taught or not taught. NONE of which is false.

Foxfyre, you need to get out of the racist, outmoded 1940s and 1950s apologetics. Begin with CSA Vice-President Stephens' cornerstone speech on March 21, 1861. Read it carefully, then be morally strong enough to overcome your stubborness and come back to admit your error.

Begin here: Cornerstone Speech by Alexander H. Stephens.

Thank you so much for the advice, but I think I'll stick with my version as it agrees with what most serious historians teach.

Absolute LIES by a Liberal of course. Texas is not changing History at all. They are insisting that certain things be taught or not taught. NONE of which is false.

Yes. We can have the PC view of history, which some liberals, most particularly anti-religious liberals, want, which of necessity leaves out a lot of inconvenient stuff. Or we can have all important American and world history pretty much as it was for those who lived it. Those 'evil' conservatives in Texas just want the latter included.

To folks who want their kids educated instead of indoctrinated, it's a no brainer.

Foxfyre, you need to get out of the racist, outmoded 1940s and 1950s apologetics. Begin with CSA Vice-President Stephens' cornerstone speech on March 21, 1861. Read it carefully, then be morally strong enough to overcome your stubborness and come back to admit your error.

Begin here: Cornerstone Speech by Alexander H. Stephens.

Thank you so much for the advice, but I think I'll stick with my version as it agrees with what most serious historians teach.

That statement reveals that you don't read history at all, but I will leave you to your delusions, knowing that high school and higher ed professionals are teaching it correctly.

Yes. We can have the PC view of history, which some liberals, most particularly anti-religious liberals, want, which of necessity leaves out a lot of inconvenient stuff. Or we can have all important American and world history pretty much as it was for those who lived it. Those 'evil' conservatives in Texas just want the latter included.

To folks who want their kids educated instead of indoctrinated, it's a no brainer.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back