Texas Refuses To Pay Wrongfully Convicted Man, Garnishes His Wages Instead

You conveniently left out that the garnish was for unpaid child support.

I don't care if he was in prison or not, he should make good on child support after he is out.

So they lock you up so you can't earn a living and they expect you to make amends when you finally get out?

It's not making amends it's doing what he was ordered to do before he was imprisoned or paying off a debt he incurred in the past. I would think a father would want to give the money to his kid so as to make the kid's life a little better.

I don't care if he was in prison or not, he should make good on child support after he is out.

So they lock you up so you can't earn a living and they expect you to make amends when you finally get out?

It's not making amends it's doing what he was ordered to do before he was imprisoned or paying off a debt he incurred in the past. I would think a father would want to give the money to his kid so as to make the kid's life a little better.

You cant get blood from a stone.

You cant get blood from a stone.

What stone? He's out now so he can work and pay his debts.

I haven't seen any proof that the man was "innocent" of whatever charges he was first convicted of.
No details are provided at all. It could of been a technicality that some of the evidence shouldn't had been used so then it wasn't enough to re-charge him. That doesn' mean he is innocent. But it would be nice to hear the details which are not given in the OP.

The garnishing wages is for child support. It really has nothing to do with it.

Skull Pilot said:
Hi, you have received -150 reputation points from Skull Pilot.
Reputation was given for this post.

God forbid a ****** see justice in Texas, eh skull?

So ******* shouldn't pay child support?
No and neither should racist, sociopath pieces of shit like you. How can the poor son of a bitch even land a job after being institutionalized for eighteen years let alone have enough money to pay for child suport? His resume is now permanently scarred no matter innocent he was and is fucked for the rest of his life.

He gets $1.4 million, and a child he sired gets $5,000 in back child support?

I have no problem with that.
Therein lies the problem.

The State has so far failed to actually give him that money he is owed for his wrongful imprisonment. He is currently suing for it.

Well then, he shouldn't have to pay the child support until he gets his money.
Which brings us to the check for $250 seized by the State- and the entire point we've been making this whole time.

The man is clearly owed money from Texas. $1.4 million for 18 years always does sound fairly low to me however.

I haven't seen any proof that the man was "innocent" of whatever charges he was first convicted of.
No details are provided at all. It could of been a technicality that some of the evidence shouldn't had been used so then it wasn't enough to re-charge him. That doesn' mean he is innocent. But it would be nice to hear the details which are not given in the OP.

The garnishing wages is for child support. It really has nothing to do with it.

Google it. It's a pretty famous story.

God forbid a ****** see justice in Texas, eh skull?

So ******* shouldn't pay child support?
No and neither should racist, sociopath pieces of shit like you. How can the poor son of a bitch even land a job after being institutionalized for eighteen years let alone have enough money to pay for child suport? His resume is now permanently scarred no matter innocent he was and is fucked for the rest of his life.

I'm no racist ass wipe. I treat everyone exactly the same and expect everyone to live up to their obligations. JB Leukemia used the word ****** first I just threw it back at him.

Child support was an obligation that he had before he went to prison. I expect him to fulfill his obligations.

God forbid he act like a law abiding citizen when he's out of the can right?

3286548490_faea2d8109.jpg

Forget it, Jake. It's TEXAS

i have a problem with paying someone for imprisonment for a crime they didn't commit. He had his day in court, the jury convicted him. that's not the state's fault. it's unfortunate that sometimes an innocent man will be convicted, but that's the way the system works.

now if he wanted to sue his lawyer, or if the prosecution was hiding exculpatory evidence that's different. but $80k a year? seems excessive.

ETA: so the prosecutor apparently pressured witnesses and fabricated evidence. he's owed some compensation.

Last edited:

He gets $1.4 million, and a child he sired gets $5,000 in back child support?

I have no problem with that.
Therein lies the problem.

The State has so far failed to actually give him that money he is owed for his wrongful imprisonment. He is currently suing for it.

he was not wrongfully imprisoned. he was wrongfully convicted - but after his conviction by a jury he was rightfully imprisoned.

i have a problem with paying someone for imprisonment for a crime they didn't commit. He had his day in court, the jury convicted him. that's not the state's fault. it's unfortunate that sometimes an innocent man will be convicted, but that's the way the system works.

now if he wanted to sue his lawyer, or if the prosecution was hiding exculpatory evidence that's different. but $80k a year? seems excessive.

ETA: so the prosecutor apparently pressured witnesses and fabricated evidence. he's owed some compensation.

According to Texas state law, he should receive $80,000 for each year he spent wrongfully in prison.

18 years is a LONG time.

(Keep in mind, he was on Death Row most of that time.... good thing they caught this before he was murdered by the state, huh?)

His kid is grown now. His kid should be making a living for himself. Child support was supposed to go to the child as a child, not as an adult. I think once a child is grown, child support should be waved, but that is just me.

Forum List

Back