Texas Refuses To Pay Wrongfully Convicted Man, Garnishes His Wages Instead

had this man not been jailed....he could have gotten an education...he could have gotten job experience etc....texas refusal to pay is based on semantics....those years of jail robbed him of a lifetime of experiences and the ability to promote himself in life...the state took his most productive years

You conveniently left out that the garnish was for unpaid child support.

I don't care if he was in prison or not, he should make good on child support after he is out.
He also left out the fact that the defendant wasn't "wrongly convicted". The State dropped the charges. Yeah, after 18 years that is strange but there's no background info about the case either.

I wouldn't exactly call that wrongful conviction.

I don't care if he was in prison or not, he should make good on child support after he is out.
He also left out the fact that the defendant wasn't "wrongly convicted". The State dropped the charges. Yeah, after 18 years that is strange but there's no background info about the case either.

I wouldn't exactly call that wrongful conviction.

Something is being left out of the explaniation, how can charges be dropped once someone is convicted? There is something else going on here.

• Banned

Child support he couldn't pay because he was wrongly sent to prison

Back child support he might be able to pay if he hadn't been wrongly sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit

or if they'd given him the $1.4 million that the State owes him for sending an innocent man to prison for 18 years

Last edited:
So he can pay it after he gets out

He should not get a pass on child support.

I got to agree with Jbeukema on this, how is this man supposed to pay back child support when he was locked up for 18 years for something he didn't do and now he doesn't have any skills to get a job? especially with a criminal record.

I got to agree with Jbeukema on this, how is this man supposed to pay back child support when he was locked up for 18 years for something he didn't do and now he doesn't have any skills to get a job? especially with a criminal record.

He pays it after he gets out.

He's out so now he pays. It's called parental and legal responsibility. Just because he was in jail and it wasn't his fault doesn't mean he gets a pass on his obligations.

Hell if you're on your way to pay an electric bill and some guy t bones you and you end up in the hospital for 6 months it wasn't your fault but you'll still have to pay to get your power turned back on when you get home

He's out so now he pays. It's called parental and legal responsibility. Just because he was in jail and it wasn't his fault doesn't mean he gets a pass on his obligations.

Hell if you're on your way to pay an electric bill and some guy t bones you and you end up in the hospital for 6 months it wasn't your fault but you'll still have to pay to get your power turned back on when you get home

I agree that child support is a responsibility but when you've been sitting in prison for 18 years for something you didnt do, it puts you behind the curb as far as being able to get a job to be able to pay that child support.

Sure, he should pay the 5 grand he owes in child support - after the state pays him the 1.4 million dollars he's legally entitled to.

Forum List

Back