Texas' redistricting/gerrymandering.

How about we just draw the lines usuing already existing community boarders? I mean heaven forbid the politicians actually represent the people of the community they live in.

How about dumb Democrat pussies just STFU about Texas. They're not welcome there. So who gives a shit what they think? They just hate Texas because it's run by real men & women and not by dumb Democrat pussies. Their opinions on Texas mean nothing. So they really can just STFU.

How about we just draw the lines usuing already existing community boarders? I mean heaven forbid the politicians actually represent the people of the community they live in.

:eek: :eek: :eek: You trying to give me a heart attack!!! :razz: ;)

Remember that the Difference between the Largest and Smallest Districts need to be within a certain margin. That's partly why Cities are rough to figure out. That and the Racial/Cultural make up. Still, reason was abandoned long ago. ;)

Maybe districts should be randomly drawn. A 5 minute attempt at setting up an Excel spreadsheet will take care of the entire problem. Combine population density with the distance to the nearest McDonalds....boom...no more gerymandering.

Who is gerry anyway?

hamburglar.gif

Did the Court bring Clarity and Simplification? With Congressional District Maps looking more like Picasso's than Impartial Redistricting Maps, is it really even Possible to be fair to all here? Actually no. Has not even more Chaos being created here? My District is more like Chop Suey. It doesn't represent me.

By Law the Redistricting is done once every 10 years, in compliance with State and Federal Constitutions. The Controlling Party does within reason get it's way.

Using the Courts to obstruct that process in some ways may be interpreted as Unconstitutional. If you have a good cause and argument to back it up, let it be heard. The Case should stand or fall on it's own merit. The boundaries set up by the lower Court in Texas, just fell on their own lack of merit. It is for the Legislature to do it's job in drawing boundaries.

1. Nothing in what you posted would prevent electing congressmen using proportional representation. What it does do is prevent the existence of both districts and at-large seats.
2. States can redistrict as often as they like, they just have to do it at least once every ten years.

1. Proportional Representation, by design should not discriminate against the Majority Either. It is about Equal Representation, not Reverse Discrimination.

2. Redistricting, by design, takes place after the States receive the Census Information, every 10 years.

1. Proportional representation wouldn't discriminate against the majority.

2. In theory. In practice, shifts in the partisan makeup of state legislatures have resulted in mid-decade shuffling.

Also, whoever mentioned IL-4 earlier picked the winner, although a lot of the coastal Florida districts are almost as absurd.

Also, whoever mentioned IL-4 earlier picked the winner, although a lot of the coastal Florida districts are almost as absurd.

I think we both want to see the abuses cleaned up. Once every 10 years, with rare exception, has worked. If the demographics do change significantly, it will be reflected in who runs and wins anyway. There are members of Congress that cannot keep their positions without being propped up, it is the degree we are willing to allow that. How far do we abandon reason to keep unpopular Representatives in Office?

I think we both want to see the abuses cleaned up. Once every 10 years, with rare exception, has worked. If the demographics do change significantly, it will be reflected in who runs and wins anyway. There are members of Congress that cannot keep their positions without being propped up, it is the degree we are willing to allow that. How far do we abandon reason to keep unpopular Representatives in Office?
First thing that has to happen is government representing human beings instead of groups.

Maybe states could swap redistricing. An independent group of citizens does the districing for the next state over...and are given no demographic information with which to DO the districing.

Better yet, put all the states on a big wheel of fortune board and a rep gets to spin for the state they will redistrict. :D

The state of Alaska has only one representative.
It is based on population, not race or party.

Maybe states could swap redistricing. An independent group of citizens does the districing for the next state over...and are given no demographic information with which to DO the districing.

Better yet, put all the states on a big wheel of fortune board and a rep gets to spin for the state they will redistrict. :D

Can I buy a vowel?

Can I buy a vowel?

No, but when gerrymandering ends, you'll be able to buy a few "yowls" from ousted reps...

:D

How about this for a concept. At large representation. If the vote is 50-50, you appoint 10 Republicans and 10 Democrats. If it's 60-40, you appoint 12 Republicans and 8 Democrats.

I think it's a bad idea. You could have all the representatives come from one part of the state. People in an urban area don't typically have the same views/concerns as people in a rural area.

What if you have independents?

The best way to do it, I believe, is have a zip code lottery.

If your state is apportioned 25 members of the House by the Census, you divide the zip codes up among 25 of your current representatives and let the elections decide who stays, who goes.

Dumocrats got caught trying to steal more Elections. The Court just ruled that way. So Ha Ha! You dishonest Democrat Dummies. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back