Texas Ranger's manager tested positive for cocaine use in 2009

Oh shit, I just read the thread, a drug addict might just give the Rangers the added edge they need.

Better than being sober in Houston, let me tell you.

Unless there's more to this I don't know, Washington is not "going through" anything even close to what Hamilton went through. Hamilton is an addict, who will forever be in recovery because of it. Washington snorted some blow and pissed hot.

Does anyone know if Washington has a problem with drugs, or did he just party one night and have the extreme bad luck of having a piss test within 48 hours of ingesting coke?

The man has money, do you really think he is an occasional coke user?
I had a problem, and I sure as hell didn't make the money he does.

just having money doesn't automatically mean he has a problem though.

There's plenty of people who can use coke recreationally in moderation.

Unless there's more to this I don't know, Washington is not "going through" anything even close to what Hamilton went through. Hamilton is an addict, who will forever be in recovery because of it. Washington snorted some blow and pissed hot.

Does anyone know if Washington has a problem with drugs, or did he just party one night and have the extreme bad luck of having a piss test within 48 hours of ingesting coke?

just having money doesn't automatically mean he has a problem though.

There's plenty of people who can use coke recreationally in moderation.

But those same people, even if used in moderation will still get fired for it. ;)
And all I know is if I made a lot of money when I did coke, I would probably be dead or in rehab for the third time.

I've done my share of coke, and always had a decent amount of money saved, and I never got out of control with it.

You can't blame whether or not you had enough money. There are addicts living on the streets who have zero money and simply panhandle to continue getting high each day.

Money has nothing to do with it. The responsibility falls on the individual.

So you're a dope addict too?

who knew

:eusa_shhh:

Until regular Joe stops getting fired for pissing dirty, this man should have been fired.

A drowning victim sees another human being only as land...learn to swim...

What the heck does that mean?
Please elaborate.

I learned it years ago when I got my Red Cross lifesaving card...

How to Save a Drowning Victim Without Becoming a Victim

Reason #2- The victim's fight for survival may make you a victim.

... when a person is drowning, he often does not recognize that you are trying to help him. The victim will use any and all means to propel his body to the surface, which may mean pushing you down to push themselves up.

I think baseball players should be allowed to take cocaine. God knows it might have calmed down Billy Martin.

UPDATE

The Texas Ranger defeated my beloved Yankees, but the better team won. How can you not be happy for Ron Washington, Josh Hamilton, Nolan Ryan and the Ranger's ball players?

Ron & Josh are prime examples that people make mistakes, but family and the organization showed faith in them and helped them. It shows that most of the time, the best way is not the 'throw-away' approach.

Under the pressure of the cares and sorrows of our mortal condition, men have at all times, and in all countries, called in some physical aid to their moral consolations - wine, beer, opium, brandy, or tobacco.
Edmund Burke

UPDATE

The Texas Ranger defeated my beloved Yankees, but the better team won. How can you not be happy for Ron Washington, Josh Hamilton, Nolan Ryan and the Ranger's ball players?

Ron & Josh are prime examples that people make mistakes, but family and the organization showed faith in them and helped them. It shows that most of the time, the best way is not the 'throw-away' approach.

Under the pressure of the cares and sorrows of our mortal condition, men have at all times, and in all countries, called in some physical aid to their moral consolations - wine, beer, opium, brandy, or tobacco.
Edmund Burke

Pretty classy post bro, props for that. :thup:

if I am the Giants, I am sending a Kilo of blow to Washingtons house and putting some vodka in Hamilton's gatorade cooler

Ron is such a great teacher. I hope he can stay clean. And I applaud the Ranger's organization for giving this guy a second chance...

Ron Washington Tested Positive for Cocaine in 2009

We've become accustomed to reading stories about failed drug tests in Major League Baseball over the last few years. We haven't been accustomed to stories like this, however.

Rangers manager Ron Washington tested positive for cocaine during the 2009 season. The manager confirmed the positive test in an interview with Jon Heyman of SI.com on Tuesday night.

"I did make a mistake and I regret that I did it," Washington told SI.com. "I am really embarrassed and I am really sorry."

Washington spoke with the media at length Wednesday, but the news didn't come as a surprise to the Rangers. After he took a random drug test last season, Washington contacted his bosses as well as the commissioner's office to let them know that there was a good chance he was going to fail the test. He apologized and the Rangers elected not to make a change in the dugout.

Since failing, Washington has passed every subsequent drug test. He's subject to more frequent testing as a result of failing the test and was subject to testing in the first place as a result of a recommendation in the Mitchell Report that managers and other staff be part of the testing process. Those who fail a test or admit drug use are placed in counseling and/or a treatment program by MLB's mandate.

I agree.

Ahh he got the celebrety exemption.

A regualr middle class worker would have lost his job.

He's not a regular middle class worker.

Let's not compare apples and oranges. The fact is that he's the lynch pin in a big money operation and firing him would cost the organization a ton of money.

He's not a blue collar worker that can be easily replaced.

It might not be fair, but it's the facts.

New Topics

Forum List

Back