Texas Puts Voter ID in Effect After Supreme Court Ruling

A voter ID law won't prevent anyone from voting;

That isn't true in practical reality.

"in Arizona, 90 percent of the over 31,000 U.S. citizens whose voter registration applications were denied were actually born in the United States."

Read more: Supreme Court rejects Arizona proof-of-citizenship voting law - The Denver Post Supreme Court rejects Arizona proof-of-citizenship voting law - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Don't worry about reality, though. Just go with whatever sounds theoretically plausible and we'll base policy on that instead, regardless of practical outcomes, mkay?

A voter ID law won't prevent anyone from voting;

That isn't true in practical reality.

If practical reality is the barrier then illiteracy prevents people from voting as well. Should we have picture ballots?

"in Arizona, 90 percent of the over 31,000 U.S. citizens whose voter registration applications were denied were actually born in the United States."

Read more: Supreme Court rejects Arizona proof-of-citizenship voting law - The Denver Post Supreme Court rejects Arizona proof-of-citizenship voting law - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Don't worry about reality, though. Just go with whatever sounds theoretically plausible and we'll base policy on that instead, regardless of practical outcomes, mkay?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're unhappy with the system...having a picture ID that is your VRC strengthens your credentials.

Absent a photo ID, how to you confirm that the prospective voter claiming to be you is actually you?

Where I vote, they've seen me every election for the last 10 years, so they know what I look like. Probably the case in most precincts...

Some precincts have less than 50 voters while others may have thousands. Having poll workers that know what you look like is a poor accountability system at best.

The problem with making voter ID's easy to get is that means Democrats will get them too and that destroys the intent of these state voter ID laws.

Absent a photo ID, how to you confirm that the prospective voter claiming to be you is actually you?
Where I vote, they've seen me every election for the last 10 years, so they know what I look like. Probably the case in most precincts...
Some precincts have less than 50 voters while others may have thousands. Having poll workers that know what you look like is a poor accountability system at best.
Exactly - never mind the fatc that poll workers change, new people move in, etc.

In other words: Fail.

Forum List

Back