Texas Plans Feral Hog 'Apocalypse

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
1107166-13-20170223051442.jpeg

Few urbanites know what a massive danger these creatures present to farmers and rural families. They breed like crazy, are extremely intelligent, wreak havoc on crops, and are running wild.

My only problem with this is using the drug Warfarin to try to kill them. I know they claim the dosage is not harmful to other creatures but this drug is a common rat killer – as well as used to control blood levels in humans.

Read story w/links @ Texas Plans Feral Hog 'Apocalypse'

Feral hogs have been a problem since the Spanish introduced them to the south in the 1500's.

Wild hogs devastated the native Indian tribes farms and cultivated produce.

Not used to building fences to protect their crops from marauding animals. The Indians were at the mercy of the packs of wild hogs eating, rooting, and destroying everything in sight. .... :cool:

1107166-13-20170223051442.jpeg

Few urbanites know what a massive danger these creatures present to farmers and rural families. They breed like crazy, are extremely intelligent, wreak havoc on crops, and are running wild.

My only problem with this is using the drug Warfarin to try to kill them. I know they claim the dosage is not harmful to other creatures but this drug is a common rat killer – as well as used to control blood levels in humans.

Read story w/links @ Texas Plans Feral Hog 'Apocalypse'
Yeah, I'd stick with hunting and trapping. At least you'd be able to eat the meat that way without having to worry about it being tainted with warfarin.

Forum List

Back