Texas Panhandle And Artesia New Mexico Strike Back With Import Quotas On Foreign Oil: A Reaction To

bluewill67

Rookie
Sep 12, 2015
The complete press release is here-> Texas Panhandle And Artesia New Mexico Strike Back With Import Quotas On Foreign Oil: A Reaction To Doha Meeting

AMARILLO, Texas, April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Panhandle of West Texas, a center of American oil since early in the 20th century, answers OPEC and Saudi Arabia with a call for a Presidential Proclamation to establish quotas on imports of foreign oil.

The counter to the Doha meeting is a "line in the sand" against further price and supply wars against oil communities, working families, and producers not only in Texas and the Southwest but across the entire US. The United States should no longer allowSaudi Arabia and the middle east to manipulate our economy by crippling our ability to produce and use our own natural resources. We have been forced to comply with the consequences of decisions made by a country whose intent was to take over a "market share" that was ours and make it theirs. The results were oil prices plummeting to $26 a barrel.

The "bust" in oil exploration and production has left families, companies, both large and small, with bankruptcy and hundreds of thousands out of work. Since Thanksgiving of 2014, Saudi Arabia has increased its production to lower prices to shut-in unconventional oil in all areas of the US but specifically in Texas, Oklahoma and Appalachia where "stripper or marginal wells" are more prevalent. It is a price war which has suspended the prospect of American energy self-sufficiency.

The Panhandle Import Reduction Initiative for oil import quotas on foreign oil is nothing new. It aims to revive the 1959 quota system of President Eisenhower who acted to sustain a healthy oil industry and middle class communities which it employs for reasons of national security. And it worked for 14 years to keep domestic oil from going out business because of foreign imports.

Import quotas on light tight oil will be 100% — no more imports within the first 60 days of the new American President's term next year.

The problem is Jeb Bush and his greedy oil baron buddies...

... got together an' lobbied Congress to lift the oil export ban...

... now we gotta import oil to replace what is being lost to export...

... but isn't that the good ol' Anything-fer-a-buck capitalist way?

The problem is Jeb Bush and his greedy oil baron buddies...

... got together an' lobbied Congress to lift the oil export ban...

... now we gotta import oil to replace what is being lost to export...

... but isn't that the good ol' Anything-fer-a-buck capitalist way?
Dead wrong bitch. :slap:

Do some more homework. Then get back to me.

In all my years here, this is my greatest disappointment in you. I'm embarrassed for you and me both.

Forum List

Back