Texas must see places

Theres SeaWorld in San Antonio

Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor water park in Arlington, near dallas

Deep Ellum in Downtown dallas, party spot.

Austin is a party town. Definitely recommended if you like that. Plus you can see the Texas state capitol, which is taller than Congress.

In Houston, go see an American football game in Reliant Stadium. It's huge and the fans are great. Also, stop by and see the San Jacinto Monument, where Sam Houston caught the Mexicans napping (literally) and won independence for Texas.

In San Antonio, the Alamo is the only tourist spot I know.

Dallas... you can pretty much skip. :D (just kidding)

When are you arriving in the US?

Some people say the best view of Texas is in your rearview mirror. Now, I personally do not belong to that group, but that is what some say. :laugh:

Actually, Texas is big so there are a lot of places to see. For outdoor activities, I would suggest the following:

Palo Duro Canyon State Park
hoodoo3.jpg

Big Bend National Park
Santa_Elena_small.JPG

You also MUST visit the Alamo in San Antonio and the Capital in Austin.

Billy Bob's and the Stockyards are a must see in Ft. Worth and in Dallas.... uh, well, not much to see in Dallas! :cof:

To second what has been said here, San Antonio definitely, and Billy Bob's in Fort Worth for a good time!

gop_jeff said:
Austin is a party town. Definitely recommended if you like that. Plus you can see the Texas state capitol, which is taller than Congress.

In Houston, go see an American football game in Reliant Stadium. It's huge and the fans are great. Also, stop by and see the San Jacinto Monument, where Sam Houston caught the Mexicans napping (literally) and won independence for Texas.

In San Antonio, the Alamo is the only tourist spot I know.

Dallas... you can pretty much skip. :D (just kidding)

When are you arriving in the US?

I am coming out late Sept maybe early Oct 04. I can't wait i have never been to the States before so this will be a real eye opener for me.

Coming from England everything is going to seem so big, but i like that!

freeandfun1 said:
Some people say the best view of Texas is in your rearview mirror. Now, I personally do not belong to that group, but that is what some say. :laugh:

Actually, Texas is big so there are a lot of places to see. For outdoor activities, I would suggest the following:

Palo Duro Canyon State Park
hoodoo3.jpg

Big Bend National Park
Santa_Elena_small.JPG

You also MUST visit the Alamo in San Antonio and the Capital in Austin.

Billy Bob's and the Stockyards are a must see in Ft. Worth and in Dallas.... uh, well, not much to see in Dallas! :cof:

Thanks for the pictures, whats Billy Bob's?? a few people have said that is a must to see, and also Alamo?

The Alamo was a Spanish mission in San Antonio. The Texans used it as a fort during their brief war for independence from Mexico in 1836. The Mexicans beseiged the Alamo and, on March 6, 1836, attacked. They killed everyman in the fort, including many Texas heroes like Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie. Because of the Mexican's ruthless treatment of the Texans there, "Remember the Alamo" became the rallying cry of the fledgling Texan army.

Devonchick said:
Thanks for the pictures, whats Billy Bob's?? a few people have said that is a must to see, and also Alamo?

Billy Bob's is the world's largest Honky Tonk (bar).

Forum List

Back