Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Burglars

no, the police told him TO STAY INSIDE 14 FRICKING TIMES, not once, not twice, not three times, not 4 times, not even 5 times, BUT 14 FRICKING TIMES....the police dispatch told mr horn to stay in the house, ALONG with telling mr HORN that killing someone over property WAS NOT WORTH IT....

THE DISPATCH WAS COMMUNICATING with the police on the way to scene and on the scene too, they told him to keep mr horn in the house....

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? GEEZ LOUISE!!!!!!

STOP LYING to minimize mr horn's actions, STOP making up shit about what happened or LEAVING shit out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

care

Nobody has "left shit out"

I have stated previously in this shift that if unarmed and still looking to escape, personally a leg shot or a shot in the groin area would have been my goal.... but I do not, and YOU do not know the exact situation that was there.... the FACTS that were brought out in front of the grand jury were not enough to pursue a jury trial....

Another key you conveniently glance over is that the police were 'on the way', not on the scene until it was almost too late.... if not for this guy acting, it is distinctly possible that these criminal assholes would have gotten away... just to do it again... possibly next time in a situation where the would have been more armed, or putting more people in jeopardy....

ACTING against these criminal assholes IS worth it... except to you gutless pansies who prefer just letting them continually get away with it.... wishing more to punish those who wish to actually take action against the law breaking sub-human scum

I have not minimized that the result of acting in this situation ended up being the worst possible outcome (for the criminals)... death.... I have simply stated all along that I do not think this guy is a hero, just as he is not a coward as some in here scream like it was a liberal placard at some protest... he was a man, with no help around, dealing with a situation right next to his house in his actual neighbor's property.... witnessing a crime... not wanting the criminal scum to get away with the crime because it would most likely lead to more in the neighborhood as word of a successful crime gets out....

I still think the guy is a psychopath and his hatred of burglars doesn't excuse him.

It will be interesting to see if this happens again. Even the pol that was responsible for the legislation said he never meant it to be interpreted the way this guy interpreted it.

Nobody has "left shit out"

I have stated previously in this shift that if unarmed and still looking to escape, personally a leg shot or a shot in the groin area would have been my goal.... but I do not, and YOU do not know the exact situation that was there.... the FACTS that were brought out in front of the grand jury were not enough to pursue a jury trial....

Another key you conveniently glance over is that the police were 'on the way', not on the scene until it was almost too late.... if not for this guy acting, it is distinctly possible that these criminal assholes would have gotten away... just to do it again... possibly next time in a situation where the would have been more armed, or putting more people in jeopardy....

ACTING against these criminal assholes IS worth it... except to you gutless pansies who prefer just letting them continually get away with it.... wishing more to punish those who wish to actually take action against the law breaking sub-human scum

I have not minimized that the result of acting in this situation ended up being the worst possible outcome (for the criminals)... death.... I have simply stated all along that I do not think this guy is a hero, just as he is not a coward as some in here scream like it was a liberal placard at some protest... he was a man, with no help around, dealing with a situation right next to his house in his actual neighbor's property.... witnessing a crime... not wanting the criminal scum to get away with the crime because it would most likely lead to more in the neighborhood as word of a successful crime gets out....

you don't shoot them to kill, if escaping, you shoot them to stop them, AT MOST....and this IS WHAT the LAW STATES.....

why the grand jury did not let this case go to trial was purely political or simply dead wrong, imo.

read texas law 9.31 and 9.32 giving the LEGAL justification for when a citizen/actor can use force and when they can use deadly force...

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

care

you don't shoot them to kill, if escaping, you shoot them to stop them, AT MOST....and this IS WHAT the LAW STATES.....

why the grand jury did not let this case go to trial was purely political or simply dead wrong, imo.

read texas law 9.31 and 9.32 giving the LEGAL justification for when a citizen/actor can use force and when they can use deadly force...

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

care

and again... you are not privy to the situation at hand

shotgun is not exactly a precision firearm in a situation that is happening quickly....

2 asshole thugs gone.... I'm not shedding a tear

and as I have stated...
I have simply stated all along that I do not think this guy is a hero, just as he is not a coward as some in here scream like it was a liberal placard at some protest... he was a man, with no help around, dealing with a situation right next to his house in his actual neighbor's property.... witnessing a crime... not wanting the criminal scum to get away with the crime because it would most likely lead to more in the neighborhood as word of a successful crime gets out....

This is old and tired.

You shoot to stop. Sometimes that means the target dies. Dead is stopped.
Nothing in any law anywhere requires you to shoot at legs or arms or feet or hands or anything else.

And, if you're shooting any anything other than center mass, you're a fool.

Your opinion means naught.

This is old and tired.

You shoot to stop. Sometimes that means the target dies. Dead is stopped.
Nothing in any law anywhere requires you to shoot at legs or arms or feet or hands or anything else.

And, if you're shooting any anything other than center mass, you're a fool.

Your opinion means naught.

hahahahaha!!!!!!! nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

my opinion means a great deal, yours means naught!!!!! lol

all in the eyes of the beholder, i suppose!!!!!

care

hahahahaha!!!!!!! nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
my opinion means a great deal, yours means naught!!!!! lol
all in the eyes of the beholder, i suppose!!!!!
Your opinion opposes that of the peeole that got to make the decision as to wether or not he was within his rights.
Their opinion matters. Yours does not.

Your opinion opposes that of the peeole that got to make the decision as to wether or not he was within his rights.
Their opinion matters. Yours does not.

so? they CAN BE WRONG! :D to ignore this, and take the stance that they NEVER can be wrong is stupid and ignorant and an injustice at times.....

§ 9.21. PUBLIC DUTY. (a) Except as qualified by
Subsections (b) and (c), conduct is justified if the actor
reasonably believes the conduct is required or authorized by law,
by the judgment or order of a competent court or other governmental
tribunal, or in the execution of legal process.
(b) The other sections of this chapter control when force is
used against a person to protect persons (Subchapter C), to protect
property (Subchapter D)
, for law enforcement (Subchapter E), or by
virtue of a special relationship (Subchapter F).
(c) The use of deadly force is not justified under this
section unless the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is
specifically required by statute or unless it occurs in the lawful
conduct of war. If deadly force is so justified, there is no duty to
retreat before using it.

(d) The justification afforded by this section is available
if the actor reasonably believes:
(1) the court or governmental tribunal has
jurisdiction or the process is lawful, even though the court or
governmental tribunal lacks jurisdiction or the process is
unlawful; or
(2) his conduct is required or authorized to assist a
public servant in the performance of his official duty, even though
the servant exceeds his lawful authority.

---------------------------------------------

was mr horn justified in using deadly force according to law? where in this subchapter did the law give him justification?

how about this one?

did mr horn's case fit the necessity?

§ 9.22. NECESSITY. Conduct is justified if:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the conduct is
immediately necessary to avoid imminent harm;
(2) the desirability and urgency of avoiding the harm
clearly outweigh, according to ordinary standards of
reasonableness, the harm sought to be prevented by the law
proscribing the conduct; and
(3) a legislative purpose to exclude the justification
claimed for the conduct does not otherwise plainly appear.

Who cares what color they were? They didn't get shot for being Mexican, they got shot for committing a burglary in sight of neighbors.

It's just an interesting commentary on the whole illegal alien thing that they happen to be illegals as well. So much for illegals just coming here to get jobs nobody else wants. Well, I guess there aren't many people who are really interested in burglarizing homes....

I can not believe anyone would try and Defend MR. Horn in this case. Just by listening to the 911 call it is clear he had a hard on to kill these guys, who were not on his property and were running away and shot in the back.

I am a gun owning Conservative who will NEVER give up my guns, and even I can see this was Wrong and MR. Horn should be charged with Murder 1 as his intent was clearly stated to a 911 operator.

I can not believe anyone would try and Defend MR. Horn in this case. Just by listening to the 911 call it is clear he had a hard on to kill these guys, who were not on his property and were running away and shot in the back.

I am a gun owning Conservative who will NEVER give up my guns, and even I can see this was Wrong and MR. Horn should be charged with Murder 1 as his intent was clearly stated to a 911 operator.

I agree that Mr. Horn "had it out" for these guys regardless of whether or not they presented any immediate threat to him. In any other state, he would have been in for murder...however, he does fall within Texas Law...however ridiculous it may be.

Forum List

Back